Kamelieon

Fortnite x Star Wars

If y'all don't know, about four hours ago Fortnite had an update, it involved the release of a Storm Trooper skin that costs 1,500 VBucks (The ingame currency for fortnite). This was released due to STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order being able to be purchased on the Epic Games store and if you buy it on the Epic Games store you get the Storm Trooper skin for free.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/the-imperial-army-has-arrived
https://fnbr.co/outfit/imperial-stormtrooper

JUST AN UPDATE AS IT RELATES TO STAR WARS

Edited by Kamelieon

They actually did a really good job on this Trooper Model.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the future Disney thinks about bringing Epic Games into the fold of StarWars Games.
I know there not the most loved but getting the rights to have an official Star Wars asset in your game when your not part of the Disney and EA exclusivity Contract is probably a pretty big deal.

Edited by |Stryker|
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ragetank said:

Man Disney really did just stoop that low

It really do be like that sometimes.

Honestly imagine playing Fortnite in 2019

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Ragetank said:

Man Disney really did just stoop that low

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It really do be like that sometimes.

Honestly imagine playing Fortnite in 2019

It’s an absolutely brilliant business move. Both are huge franchises, it may not bring players back to Fortnite but it’ll get the sh*t load of kids who still play excited for Star Wars again.

After all, it’s still a game and they’re both businesses trying to make some dough.

• Upvote 1

Deadass I updated Fortnite for like half an hour just to buy the skin with the vbucks I got from Borderlands 3 and am still never going to play it ecks dee

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, John said:

this is like the club penguin Star Wars event, might actually play fortnite again

Wallah we’ll duo on my phone 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/16/2019 at 7:31 AM, |Stryker| said:

They actually did a really good job on this Trooper Model.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the future Disney thinks about bringing Epic Games into the fold of StarWars Games.
I know there not the most loved but getting the rights to have an official Star Wars asset in your game when your not part of the Disney and EA exclusivity Contract is probably a pretty big deal.

The only problem I see with this is the obvious trying to make stuff exclusive to epic only and considering how well that has been going for them I do not think disney would want that sort of backlash. Personally I would like to see a developer such as CD Projekt give it a shot.

• Thinking 1