Jump to content

Unban the Weld Tool


Recommended Posts

A majority of builders on the server use the Weld tool, a simple yet effective tool to make impressive things.
And a single crash in how long? Because of the weld tool? This is a bit far...

Sure there are alternatives, but they are either clunky or overly complicated.
I know many players would back me in saying the weld tool should be unbanned once more.

Please share your support if so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CrazedKiller said:

Sure there are alternatives, but they are either clunky or overly complicated.

Multi-parent literally has you tick the no collide box, then press left click and E at the same time, then right click.

It is arguably easier to use than Weld. Weld caues too many problems on the Server and coming from someone who has looked at the Server crashes using our Discord bot first hand, Weld caused a lot of problems.

If you seriously don't know how to use multi-parent I made a guide on it which you can see here.

I hope you understand why we don't use it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^
Listen to Bailey
You've been misinformed, once you understand the basics of the multi-parent tool it's really simple.
I'm sure there are people on the server who could help you learn multi-parent otherwise go to the link provided above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Multi-parent literally has you tick the no collide box, then press left click and E at the same time, then right click.

It is arguably easier to use than Weld. Weld caues too many problems on the Server and coming from someone who has looked at the Server crashes using our Discord bot first hand, Weld caused a lot of problems.

If you seriously don't know how to use multi-parent I made a guide on it which you can see here.

I hope you understand why we don't use it.

This ^
There isn't a scenario where you cant use multi-parent instead of the weld tool. Its much easier and quicker to do tasks when used correctly and is better for the server.

Locking this post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advisor
18 hours ago, CrazedKiller said:

A majority of builders on the server use the Weld tool, a simple yet effective tool to make impressive things.
And a single crash in how long? Because of the weld tool? This is a bit far...

Sure there are alternatives, but they are either clunky or overly complicated.
I know many players would back me in saying the weld tool should be unbanned once more.

Please share your support if so.

It was not a single crash, our server was lucky to not have a crash a night and most times would be 2 crashes and now that since all changes it has been reversed, were at a standard server won't crash now even on map changes unless garrisons does garrysmod thing so whoever told you it was because of 1 crash you have been misinformed. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolf said:

It was not a single crash, our server was lucky to not have a crash a night and most times would be 2 crashes and now that since all changes it has been reversed, were at a standard server won't crash now even on map changes unless garrisons does garrysmod thing so whoever told you it was because of 1 crash you have been misinformed. 

Aye bro come on the thread was already locked, how you gonna do him like that?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...