Steam Profile Link:

In Game Details

In Game Name:
Colonel [CDT-RS141] Rivers Cuomo

Time Played Imperial RP:
12w 5d 16h

Time Played Imperial RP Evidence:
440190713_Timeingame.PNG.64b60e17ed2bae7db5750a12dd57b2bc.PNG

Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
None.

Have you had any bans (If so state them)?

None.

Core Application

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?

Yes, I have held multiple staffing positions. I have not been an Event Master before however.
- Dire Wolf Servers (Server Manger) Spanning 3 Months
- Imperial Gaming (Moderator) Spanning 5 Months

Why are you applying to be an Event Master?
I am applying to be an Event Master to translate my creative writing thoughts and ideas into an in game setting where players are able to enjoy themselves and immerse themselves within the environment that I aim to create. Although I had a moderator application up, I have specifically requested to have it closed to pursue my more creative side rather than performing sits and administering warns to other players. This will provide a new challenge for myself, learning skills and abilities that the staff team could not teach me to make events run as smoothly as possible. The Event Master team has always interested me but I’ve been too nervous to take the plunge and step outside of a traditional staff role. Now that Year 12 is finished and I have spare time on my hands, I’ve decided that this is the best time to make that decision and aim for a position which I will be unfamiliar yet excited to work within.

What do you believe you can bring to the Event Master team?
I believe that I can bring a level of maturity, responsibility and critical thinking that will work to improve the quality of the events on the server. The current EM team does a fantastic job and I’d love to join with them and bring my own personal twist to the position. I am an extremely self-critical person who will question almost every decision that is made to ensure that the correct path is being taken. I believe this will reflect in my event planning, bringing great detail to each scenario and accounting for ways in which an event may go outside of my initial plan. I understand that with being an EM, you have to be flexible therefore I aim to bring a fair amount of adaptability to my events where I can react quickly to situations that may fall outside of my initial event plan.

My activity has also been of a high standard recently, playing for usually at least 4 hours a day. With my schedule opening up, I’ll be able to run events outside of peak hours so that players on earlier / later in the day can remain entertained.

What do you believe you can do to make Events more fun, enjoyable and inclusive?
To make events more enjoyable for the playerbase, I wish to run events that are tailor made to certain branches such as Government and ISB who may not receive as much attention as the general military. This can be seen through my second event idea in which I solely provide passive RP to Government with the hope of giving them opportunities to write documents such as budgets if they choose to. My first event idea also shows this, creating backstories for rebel event characters so that ISB is able to interrogate them and gain information from them. Passive RP is a passion of mine after spending months across Gov, Navy and ISB and is something that I’d never wish to neglect as players end up feeling left out.

Another way I wish to make events more immersive and inclusive for players is to create continuous storylines that players can recognise and recall details from that may assist them later on in the event chain. This rewards players who pay close attention to what happens during events and may be rewarding for them when they are able to make links between situations.

Do you have basic knowledge of ULX commands?
Yes

Anything else you would like to add?
Thank you for your consideration, I know that I only just closed my T-Mod application but it wasn't without serious consideration and deliberation for over a week to decide whether I truly wanted to shift my focus.

Event Ideas

Event Idea 1:

Event Idea 2:

Terms & Conditions:
I Agree.

Edited by Rivers
  • Upvote 1

+1 

- Both events pander to the community as a whole while also making sure different groups are involved who aren't usually.

- The reasoning and vocabulary of the answers to the questions and the explanations of the event ideas has been formed exceptionally and they make this application a please to read.

- On top of this, the event ideas are unique and include Event Character kits (easy to read) as well as incorporating detailed explanations of all event characters.

- Well known across the community.

- Been around for a long period of time.

- Great community reputation.

- Friendly person.

- Experienced.

- Answers to questions could include more detail, although they are most adequate.

This application is near flawless and in every which way possible, it's a very large thumbs up from me. 

Edited by taki
  • Like 1

Massive +1

Rivers is everything you'd need on the EM Team. His attitude, mindset and capabilities are perfectly suited for the role, not to mention his current position within the community that requires immense dedication, activity and patience. His application has been thoroughly thought out, his ideas are unique and he has adequate staffing experience. Rivers is always looking for ways to better improve himself and the community, and the EM Team would make a great place to learn. 

All the best Dude.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Luigi said:

Massive +1

Rivers is everything you'd need on the EM Team. His attitude, mindset and capabilities are perfectly suited for the role, not to mention his current position within the community that requires immense dedication, activity and patience. His application has been thoroughly thought out, his ideas are unique and he has adequate staffing experience. Rivers is always looking for ways to better improve himself and the community, and the EM Team would make a great place to learn. 

All the best Dude.

4 hours ago, Luigi said:

Massive +1

All the best Dude.

+1, Luigi summed it up for me

Goodluck Bro, I think you would make an amazing EM :)

+1

Positives:

• Trustworthy
  • Mature
  • Active
  • Application answers are well detailed
  • Prior staffing experience
  • Well known and respected community member

Negatives:

• Event phases could use with being more elaborated on and have more detail added.

Best of luck,

Sully

1 hour ago, Matrix said:

+1

Rivers is an active, dedicated member of the community who has a great attitude toward everything and I’d be more than willing to support him in this application.

Same from me, best of luck with your app

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Luigi said:

Massive +1

All the best Dude.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Luigi said:

Massive +1

All the best Dude.

Big ol +1

• Upvote 1

probably the first person in existence to get their mod app denied and go for event master, huge respect

this man is a jack of all trades and i have never seen anyone more suited to the staff role

+1 this app better not be up for too long unaccepted or im going to lose it

@Delta @Morgan WHATS THE ISSUE?

Edited by Mord
  • Thinking 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Delta said:

His app got removed because he requested it, it didn't get denied 

thats what i meant

"get their mod app denied" can either mean

he got it denied

or he got denied

just because you people cant decipher tone through text doesnt mean you have to downvote me awesome thanks!

• Thinking 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 1

Fat +1

Not only does Rivers require the most admiral qualities of an EM (maturity, activity, ulx knowledge, creativity and management abilities,) he is also one of the most freindly individuals you'll find on server, his event ideas are innovative, yet entirely interesting.

I have no doubt Rivers will make an amazing EM

• Upvote 1
On 11/11/2019 at 2:15 PM, taki said:

+1 

- Both events pander to the community as a whole while also making sure different groups are involved who aren't usually.

- The reasoning and vocabulary of the answers to the questions and the explanations of the event ideas has been formed exceptionally and they make this application a please to read.

- On top of this, the event ideas are unique and include Event Character kits (easy to read) as well as incorporating detailed explanations of all event characters.

- Well known across the community.

- Been around for a long period of time.

- Great community reputation.

- Friendly person.

- Experienced.

- Answers to questions could include more detail, although they are most adequate.

This application is near flawless and in every which way possible, it's a very large thumbs up from me. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey, Rivers. Thank you for applying to be an Imperial Event Master!
Event Management have reviewed your potential position on the team, and we are pleased to inform you that you have been successful.
You will be contacted shortly to begin the induction process.
Congratulations!

• Rook locked this topic