• Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    62-SKO Jacobie Cuomo
  • Time Played Imperial RP:
    8 weeks, 5 days, 20 hours
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
    c600c147f89a5ad75ca3a51eb78f6d38.png.f058d6d369e19dc6c667c99771634ece.png

Applicants History & Reasons
  • Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    Yes, I have previously had one warn, dated June 30th, 2018. I was immensely new to the server and had minimal time played. I was a civilian on Tatooine and decided to steal an imperial ship (Krennic’s shuttle, in the days of Lincoln) Unfortunately, at the time I did not know how to land in a correct demeanor and accidentally crushed two stormtroopers who were in the landing zone. For this, I was warned for RDM x2. At the time, I thought that in RP, it would be fine for me to steal the ship as I was a Jawa civilian roleplaying as a thief, and I never intended for the death of the troopers. However, I have since realized that under no circumstances is it okay for a civilian to commandeer an imperial vehicle, without staff approval, and let alone kill people (seems like common sense.)

• Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    Yes, July last year (15 months ago) I was permanently banned for attempted RDM, (it was repealed almost immediately) which is further elaborated upon here:
    http://imperialgamingau.invisionzone.com/topic/3269-misahus-ban-appeal/
    It was a very unfortunate situation for all parties involved, and in reaction to a rather unfair PK, I shot Tarkin (Frank at this stage) two times. This was unacceptable on my behalf, and upon reflection, I immediately realized what I did wrong. I have since matured immensely, and have realized what is required of a serious roleplayer on the server, evident by my progression through the in-character ranking system (both earlier this year, and upon my return to the server.)
    Since this time, over a year ago, I have never come even close to receiving a warn of any kind, and nor do I ever intend to.

• Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    Minecraft factions admin | 2014
    Learned the basic attitudes that a staff member should maintain, and how to deal appropriately with rule-breaking individuals.

Imperial Gaming SWRP | 2018 - 2019
    Gained in-depth knowledge of both our server's rules & regulations in conjunction with learning dedication towards a staffing position - achieving 100+ claims per week. However, I also discovered that an entirely mature and responsible attitude must be evident throughout all staffing situations and that each claim must be handled with utter professionalism, in an unbiased nature. I, unfortunately, left this position, and the server, in early February due to familly circumstances, and a need to focus on my education, which have both since dissipated.

'The Factory' small Space Engineers server owner | 2019
    Although this was a small project of mine, consisting of only 6-8 average daily players, I learned indefinitely the imperative nature of acting in the bests interests of a community - with a dwindling player base, it was necessary for me to maintain interested players while handling rule-breakers accordingly. I, unfortunately, I shut down the server, due to school commitments, within 2 months of creating it.

• What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
    To enforce the serious RP nature of the server, moderators (and higher up staff) are all required to ensure each individual within the community, are acting in such a way that promotes both the server's rules & regulations, and ultimately the enjoyment of each and every other player, and aid any player who may need it, for any reason. A moderator must act in an extremely inviting, and friendly demeanor, while remaining unbiased, especially while experiencing extreme pressure, in potentially hostile situations. Moderators, specifically, handle the day to day enforcement of server rules, proactively. Rather than merely responding to the claims system, and facilitating such as their only role, a moderator should respond to any player in need of assistance, as the need for such arises. Moderators also guarantee that all server rules are followed' by ensuring the eradication of fail RP, bullying, powerplay, abuse of OOC roles, disrespect, RDM, MRDM, etc, but also protect the server's stability (dealing appropriately with DDoS threats, preventing tool abuse, restricting players from spawning obscene amounts of props that could contribute towards a server crash, etc.

The role of a moderator is a means of serving the Imperial Gaming community, and not a right that can simply be abused. A moderator must comply with management's predefined documentation regarding the use of OOC power in IC situations. They must also solely use their permissions on the server to serve the community's interests, rather than their own.

A moderator will also maintain the ability to maintain an objective mindset when dealing with their staffing situations, and view any situation from both accusative and defensive perspectives. Then, if necessary, use their own personal judgment, in conjunction with Imperial Gaming's 'staffing guidelines' documentation to distribute punishments, if appropriate. However, it is imperative that a moderator demonstrates a pleasant and safe demeanor in such situations, as to not alienate any member of the community.

• Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    Personally, although this is basically a reiteration of my last application, I again truly wish to serve the Imperial Gaming community in a more productive manner than I have in the six weeks since my return. However, now with my VCE examinations concluded, I would be able to do so in a much more active and relaxed manner than I previously demonstrated. I thoroughly enjoyed aiding the community in any way possible previous to my rash, and unfortunate departure of eight months ago, and I would immensely appreciate the opportunity to serve the community in such a fulfilling mannerism again. Having previously experienced thousands of staff situations, I appreciate the active role that staff must take in preventing 'minging' to improve the experiences of others , and the experience of doing such, was inherently rewarding, and the prospect of being able to do such again, is inherently why I wish to become a trial moderator.

I wish to renew my efforts to appropriately deal with rule-breakers while aiding any member of the community who requires it. Previously as an ISB Cheif, and more recently as a member of the Riot Troopers, I have experienced first-hand the struggles that staff experience consistently with individuals who disregard their position on the server, in conjunction with the privilege of playing in such an inviting community, and continue to minge, FailRP and argue with both staff and members on the server more responsible and knowledgeable than themselves. I would personally like to contribute to the demise of this issue on the server and accordingly improve the roleplaying experiences of both myself and everyone on the server.

• What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
    I believe my previous contribution to the staff team - over 6 months of highly active staffing work - provided me indefinitely with the knowledge of server rules, and necessary attitude required to enact the role of a productive staffing member of the community. Although the volume of claims that an individual maintains is not the impeding factor of their moderative position, my previous dedication to the server, demonstrated by a high volume of staff situations taken each week which I was a part of the Staff team, demonstrates my ability to effectively and efficiently deal with the duties of a moderator. Moreover, I have a clear knowledge of the acceptable, and unacceptable actions of an individual playing on the server.

I believe my maturity by which I handle all in character situations inevitably transfers to the demeanor by which I would complete any staffing situation, regardless of the degree of said situation's severity. However, some moderators in the past have forgotten their role to keep the server fun and enjoyable for all players, and that a positive, non-hostile, attitude is necessary when dealing with every situation, regardless of who is on the other end. In conjunction, my previous leadership positions on the server, and my according activity and maturity acclaim to my ability to appropriately manage a staffing role, if once again provided the opportunity to do so.

However, ultimately, a staffing position requires an immense amount of time - I previously left my position as the only alternative was becoming highly inactive - a burden of which I did not want to present to the server. Moreover, now with my examinations' conclusion, I again have the ability to dedicate myself to the server.

Scenarios
  • Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    Firstly, If I saw one individual gaining an absurd amount of kills, in the killfeed, who would not be regularly expected to do such, I would immediately teleport to him, invisible, to determine whether his actions were inappropriate, as per the IG punishment guidelines. However, if any individual disconnects from the server, following a high amount of kills, I would immediately check the server's !plog to determine the damage and amount of kills committed by the individual. Then to confirm the nature of said kills, I would teleport to the victims of the alleged Mass RDM, and confirm whether the deaths were justified by an appropriate RP reason, or not (i.e it is not MRDM if a Purge Trooper kills 4 stormtroopers who ran into the Emperor's Throneroom.) However, assuming the situation was confirmed as Mass RDM by either video / other graphic evidence, or by eyewitness account, I would gather the steamid of the accused individual, and record the amount of kills said person achieved. Then, I would personally warn the individual for Mass RDM x(the number of kills,) DC to avoid punishment, and No intent to and issue a temporary soft ban, due to the limitations of a trial moderator's permissions, and send all evidence collected to an Admin+ who possesses the ability to extend the duration of the ban, in accordance with the number of kills obtained by the individual (3 days for 4 kills, with one additional day per kill, up to 14 kills in which would justify a permanent ban, as per the IG staffing guidelines)

• Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    Initially, I would teleport the Individual who is claiming to be bullied / I see being bullied into a private location (above the SD) and discuss the demeanor of the bullying which has occurred, and gather all appropriate and relevant evidence (witness accounts, graphic evidence, server logs, voice chat recordings, etc) and console the individual to provide a constructively friendly and safe environment. Then, depending on the extent of the accusations against the alleged 'bully' I would either teleport the individual to the private location, and encourage a meditative discussion between both parties, then intervene if hostilities continue to occur or, if the evidence against the accused 'bully' was sufficient, and / or other server rules had been breached within this evidence, I would immediately take the player into a private staff sit and discuss the player's actions, and then warn / ban the player as appropriate, if his / her actions are severe enough to warrant such as per IG's 'punishment guidelines'. To do this, I would use the !warn command, then the player’s steam ID then the full reason for the warn, with concise detail. If the situation required a ban, I would give a one day softban (maximum for a trial moderator) and provide appropriate evidence to higher ranking staff members, and suggest an extended ban period. Following any warns given (verbal / server warn) I would then spectate the accused player and ensure that he rectifies his / her previously unacceptable behavior, and refrains from enacting a bullying demeanor in the future.

These specific 'bullying' situations rely predominately common sense and must be dealt with on a case by case basis; as a staff member, I would make a valid assessment of the severity of the bullying, and the type of person who is being bullied (i.e. if the target of the bullying is very young, then the situation will require extensive finesse in order to sort out.)

No matter the outcome of the situation, I would finally check in with the victim of said bullying to ensure that he is satisfied with the resolution of the situation, and ask if he / she required any further assistance.

• You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    Since my ISB days, I have always played the server with OBS open and active, with a replay buffer active. Thus, at the first instance of power abuse, I would record any available evidence of the abuse occurring, including graphic evidence, chat logs, plog information, etc. I would then review the evidence to ensure that an abuse of power is occurring, and inform the staff member that I had witnessed his / her alleged abuse of power, and potentially allow him/her to provide their side of the situation. Then, if the situation required it, I would continue to record any further abuse, then discuss the staff member's actions with a member of the management team, who possesses a higher staff rank than the individual in question. It is not the role of a trial moderator to directly deal with abusive staff, and from this instance, I would leave it to the superior staff member to review the evidence and provide an appropriate punishment, as they see fit, while complying with any directions given by the higher up member of staff.

• Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    A DDoS threat is an immensely serious problem, which needs to be dealt with immediately, swiftly and effectively. I would immediately gather all evidence available to me at that time (including chat logs, video evidence, voice recordings, eyewitness accounts, etc) and if the threat was made by someone on the server, teleport to them, and discuss the implications of their threat, and if said threat was baseless, I would warn the individual for his actions, and consult a higher ranking member of staff through Teamspeak while providing my gathered evidence, and allow them to implicate further punishment, if they deem such as necessary. However, if the threat was deemed as imminent and my common sense told me that the server was under a serious threat of attack, I would immediately kick the player from the server, and join a high ranking staff member on TS to inform them of the possible attack/threat. I would then warn and soft ban the individual, to ensure they cannot return to the server, and enact their threat. I would also check the individuals warn and ban history, and relay any past rule-breakings committed by the individual to higher ranking staff members, so they can judge the fate of the individual's position within our community. Past this point, it is the high ranking member’s (hopefully super admin+) role to deal with the threat.

• Terms & Conditions
    Yes, I agree
Edited by Misahu
rank update
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Misahu was a good moderator back in the day, let me get away with a bunch of dumb sh*t I did in-character. But he was tough with his punishments. I was quite sad when he left due to his personal circumstances and am fully supportive of his return to the Moderator team

+1

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tonberry said:

Was a good mod before, will be a good mod again, big ol +1 

I have known Misahu for a large majority of my time on Imperial Gaming and I can say that it wouldn't of been the same without him. I gotten to know him more since he has joined Riot troopers, his experience and many roles in commanding positions speak for itself therefore I will be supporting this application +1

• Upvote 1

Massive +1.

Misahu has been dedicated since returning to the community and has kept solid activity despite going through VCE Year 12 Exams in some of the most difficult subjects. He has shown admirable leadership qualities and is fair / unbiased in his decision making therefore making him a perfect candidate for the staff team.

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Massive +1.

Misahu has been dedicated since returning to the community and has kept solid activity despite going through VCE Year 12 Exams in some of the most difficult subjects. He has shown admirable leadership qualities and is fair / unbiased in his decision making therefore making him a perfect candidate for the staff team.

+1 

Come back from a ban, has helped around the server with the new deck Things

a little bit  mingey ingame but thats ok you can improve that 

good luck sir

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Rivers said:

Massive +1.

• Upvote 1

+1

I have no issue whatsoever in sticking out my neck to give this man a well deserved +1, Misahu is a mature and responsible member of the community who is well respected and served as an outstanding member of the Imperial Gaming staffing team during his previous time serving as a Moderator. I feel as if Misahu would make a good addition to the staffing team if given the chance to rejoin it.

Best of luck,

Sully

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

--------------------------------------------------------------
BUMP
--------------------------------------------------------------

>Just returned from schoolies, and thus my activity will return to its previously high standard
>Thank you all for your kind feedback!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

+1

Hell yeah, he was a great staff member previously, took so much time out of his RP to staff and I know he will make a good one again. So much respect for this guy, sorry I didn’t see it sooner.

Goodluck Assistant Colonel Sir!

• Upvote 1
  • zaspan locked this topic