Being Rebel Spies

Ive been toying with an idea for the server for a while now, about creating a group of rebel spies on the ISD Chimera to act as red team to security and to add some more passive RP for people to be involved in when events arn't taking place. think a long, drawn out conspiracy to be unraveled over time. Ive spoken with a few members of ISB, and members of shock and riot, and they seem happy for me to go ahead with my plans. What i really need now is if anyone would be interested in being one of the spies, or even taking up a leadership roll in the project. Just reply to this post if you are interested, if you have any ideas or suggestions, or even just to show your support of the idea being implemented on the server, thanks :D.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, wflizzi said:

The only issue is that if you get caught you will probably end up being PK'ed...

Otherwise if you are fine with that it sounds pretty cool!

Ive spoken to some of ISB, and therye happy with some for of Name PK, without resetting rank, alternatively ive toyed with the idea of changing your name when you're working as a spy, but obviously this would have a lot of rules attached to it

There is no rules against it if it is roleplayed well and correctly, just be aware as many have said you will probably get PK'ed.  I think it would be interesting and dynamic, have a go at it!

P.S

I see no reason that you would need to speak with management, it is completely within the rules.

8 minutes ago, Goliath said:

There is no rules against it if it is roleplayed well and correctly, just be aware as many have said you will probably get PK'ed.  I think it would be interesting and dynamic, have a go at it!

P.S

I see no reason that you would need to speak with management, it is completely within the rules.

The Reason why there been suggested to talk to management is because management handle Pk's

2 hours ago, Goliath said:

It's still good practice. Treasonous roleplay, particularly something on the scale suggested in this post, can be detrimental to roleplay if done incorrectly. Co-ordinating it with Management helps ensure that the situation doesn't devolve to blatant minging, or ruin the experience for others.

On 11/8/2019 at 6:58 PM, Bailey said:

Definitely a Management thing. Speak to them first about it.

Agreed.

Also who made your new forums banner @Bailey, that is fire... and accurate...

Edited by Sully
2 hours ago, Sully said:

Also who made your new forums banner @Bailey, that is fire... and accurate...

Kurt made it for me, it indeed is fire. Fug you about the accurate thing, I’ll sh*tpost all I want!

i hope to god management enjoy this idea and approve of it, hopefully it wont be a full pk if your caught but only a name pk.

great idea and I love to see how far you've gone with this idea.

I would actually be quite interested if its only a name pk :)

• Upvote 1

If you do it to create RP for yourself and other regiments and actually have premeditated in-character motivations for your actions (you will likely be interrogated by ISB so make sure you think about this BEFORE you get caught) then this is just creating RP for the community and is fine, that said though, if anyone uses this as an excuse to do lazy minge RP (such as convincing a few STs to join you and just going around committing RDM, etc) and cannot create any backstory, motivation or supporting roleplay for SK/RT/ISB when we end up following up on it then I'll be pushing to just full PK you instead for wasting our time and taking advantage of the opportunity.

• Upvote 1

I didn't necessarily want to comment on this since Scottish initially brought this up with myself and @SiegeMonkey, but I thought I'd share my opinion/s on it. Realistically this could be run through an EM, or negotiated with a Staff member similar to Press Corps, where you'd be able to have someone watch over you to ensure everything runs smoothly. Furthemore, @Tonberry makes an extremely good point. This type of RP has to be well planned/thought out to provide an immersive RP experience to the players, rather than using it as a Naboo night. I'd strongly suggest talking to an EM about this, perhaps they may contribute a few ideas to your concept. None the less I look forward to seeing what you'll bring to the table.

All the best dude.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Luigi said:

I didn't necessarily want to comment on this since Scottish initially brought this up with myself and @SiegeMonkey, but I thought I'd share my opinion/s on it. Realistically this could be run through an EM, or negotiated with a Staff member similar to Press Corps, where you'd be able to have someone watch over you to ensure everything runs smoothly. Furthemore, @Tonberry makes an extremely good point. This type of RP has to be well planned/thought out to provide an immersive RP experience to the players, rather than using it as a Naboo night. I'd strongly suggest talking to an EM about this, perhaps they may contribute a few ideas to your concept. None the less I look forward to seeing what you'll bring to the table.

All the best dude.

On 11/11/2019 at 1:13 PM, Tonberry said:

If you do it to create RP for yourself and other regiments and actually have premeditated in-character motivations for your actions (you will likely be interrogated by ISB so make sure you think about this BEFORE you get caught) then this is just creating RP for the community and is fine, that said though, if anyone uses this as an excuse to do lazy minge RP (such as convincing a few STs to join you and just going around committing RDM, etc) and cannot create any backstory, motivation or supporting roleplay for SK/RT/ISB when we end up following up on it then I'll be pushing to just full PK you instead for wasting our time and taking advantage of the opportunity.

I'll absolutely take these things on board. The last thing i want is to create a haven for mingy behavior, and i certainly wont be doing anything unless the majority of the server is comfortable with me doing it and comfortable with the way i do it.

I'll defiantly be speaking with the EM's, that's a great idea thank you. i'd love their input on both restrictions and options available to me, maybe even integrating this into some events could be an option for them. could you direct me as to whom i should speak to in regards to the event masters?

• Upvote 2

I am just speaking for myself here, but I would be totally open to you and others doing this sort of thing without EM involvement provided basically one sole condition is fulfilled - When you eventually get interrogated, divulge who you are working with, what rebel contacts you have, what systems / planets you operate in, what operations you are aware of, anything like that

You can make this up, it doesn't matter - anything is better than the 90% of people who just so happen to know absolutely nothing about anything and were just acting under 'orders' of somebody they know nothing about; or those who happen to have superhuman torture resistance (surprisingly common).

When we get one of those juicy interrogations where somebody is giving us the good stuff, you can bet your ass someone in ISB is writing a report on it. These reports can and have created events, so the kind of RP you are proposing really can snowball and end up encompassing the whole server population. There really is a good reason to go ham and give us as many juicy details as your mind can conjure, and since this seems to be the kind of RP you are aiming for, I'm all for it.

• Upvote 2

if this thing does happen and im a part of it then i would quite literally be figuring all that stuff you mentioned tonberry, ive seen some people come up with that information before on the fly and it was one hell of an interrogation to listen to.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

I am just speaking for myself here, but I would be totally open to you and others doing this sort of thing without EM involvement provided basically one sole condition is fulfilled - When you eventually get interrogated, divulge who you are working with, what rebel contacts you have, what systems / planets you operate in, what operations you are aware of, anything like that

You can make this up, it doesn't matter - anything is better than the 90% of people who just so happen to know absolutely nothing about anything and were just acting under 'orders' of somebody they know nothing about; or those who happen to have superhuman torture resistance (surprisingly common).

When we get one of those juicy interrogations where somebody is giving us the good stuff, you can bet your ass someone in ISB is writing a report on it. These reports can and have created events, so the kind of RP you are proposing really can snowball and end up encompassing the whole server population. There really is a good reason to go ham and give us as many juicy details as your mind can conjure, and since this seems to be the kind of RP you are aiming for, I'm all for it.

Im totally on board with this, i'll be sure to keep an ooc record of character backstories and such so that they can have information for you to squeeze from them...not that im going to make it easy for you ;)