Turbolaser's

I've made this post due to me JUST realizing that there are weapons in the old temple that can be used in events instead of not using them..

the weaponry shouldn't and wouldn't lag there server nor hit the ISD if navy cant be trusted hammer's squadron can use it instead of blocking it, just having them puts more RP for navy tank/Hammer squadron 

the system is easily used and not hard by putting this into play has more of a realistic game play im sure that most people may agree....

sincerely, Blackby

Philip

• Advisor

The turbolasers have the violent tendency to crash people's games.

It is also highly unnecessary as EMs (and the rest of the staff team) have access to the Turbolaser SWEP and Turbolaser Tool, capable of creating turbolasers without lag.

Edited by Kristofer
  • Upvote 2

I'm fairly certain they're broken. Heaps of pink and black textures and script errors for me. As well as, they definitely do lag the Server, that's why in our nearly 3 years of existence, we've barely ever used them because they crash people's games.

-1 homie.

I believe awhile back Management tried to incorporate the Turbo Cannons into Navy use, this proved to be unsuccessful as it was in the Sith Temple and there was no viable way without creating lag for the server to use them as @Bailey stated above.

After using them myself they were pretty crappy in regards to the feel and look of the display when using them and they were OP as they would 1 hit any ship if you could actually land a hit they were also pretty hard to aim with.

If it only it was viable it would of made Navy that much better but sadly unless a change is made to the map itself  until then -1

If you have any further ideas relating to this or how we can incorporate the turbolaser tool into RP then don't hesitate to contact Pickle or myself. Chances are we can work something out for the future. 

39 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

I believe awhile back Management tried to incorporate the Turbo Cannons into Navy use, this proved to be unsuccessful as it was in the Sith Temple and there was no viable way without creating lag for the server to use them as @Bailey stated above.

After using them myself they were pretty crappy in regards to the feel and look of the display when using them and they were OP as they would 1 hit any ship if you could actually land a hit they were also pretty hard to aim with.

If it only it was viable it would of made Navy that much better but sadly unless a change is made to the map itself  until then -1

Yeah, it was briefly sought out as a new RP opportunity when the updated ISD map was released and we switched over to it until the realisation was made that the positioning of the cannons was not good neither was the server lag aspect. I agree with what Hyperion and Bailey have stated above. -1 from me.

Edited by Sully
  • Confused 1
On 11/7/2019 at 10:54 PM, Bailey said:

I'm fairly certain they're broken. Heaps of pink and black textures and script errors for me. As well as, they definitely do lag the Server, that's why in our nearly 3 years of existence, we've barely ever used them because they crash people's games.

-1 homie.

stole my idea i was gonna edit and say to create a sweep for turbolasers.. SMH