How to Use Multi-Parent

Hello IG,

Some people have expressed to me their dislike of the multi-parent tool being too hard to use, or broken, etc. However, since the removal of the weld tool because people loved to crash the Server with it, even accidentally, we've now got to adapt and overcome. So here is how to use the multi-parent tool and how to properly make dupes with it!

Make sure you've got Multi-Parent selected (in the top right.

Spoiler

154C3BBEA78DCCFFC5474F376C97DD82DC8705E7

Build your thing.

Spoiler

0EEB208E2E4E70217BBA64192DCFC50FBD76ADA2

Select Multi-Parent again and make sure you've got "no-collide" and "weld" ticked.

Spoiler

B67B68FF3318BAF6EF0AAA07110660DFD323234E

Select everything be either individually pressing left mouse on each of them, or holding E and pressing left mouse allowing it to select all the props you own in a vicinity. It should look like this when you're done.

Spoiler

ED605153C5FAE2C27B00E527648254BF318A79F4

Once you have it like the picture above, right click the prop you'd like to multi-parent, this connects all the props selected to it. Then DO NOT DO ANYTHING, you want to whip out advanced duplicator and dupe it by clicking on the prop you multi parented, then paste it again. 

Spoiler

63C0CE11BED77ABDB757F1DF84AFD98ECE209179

After having pasted it down again, you save it like you would a normal dupe.

Spoiler

35092D56EC1739053DAC09CE577C7CF712E06792

I hope this helps you all out because I've seen some people put tickets into admin chat recently asking about how to use it! If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments, on Teamspeak or ingame.

Kind regards,

- Bailey

• Upvote 3

Its not hard. its just Unfun to use. Plus i've had some bad experience using it when trying to make stuff that required me to constanly move sh*t and crap

good stuff either way 

1 hour ago, Ragetank said:

When creating dupes using Multi Parent the weld option is unnecessary just use the No collide option.

^^ No-collide counts as a constraint and therefore you are able to then dupe the build, no-colliding the dupe as well as welding it is just adding an additional and unnecessary constraint. :) 

1 hour ago, Ragetank said:

When creating dupes using Multi Parent the weld option is unnecessary just use the No collide option.

OK WELL I WAS JUST TRYNA BE COOL AND EPIC AND MAKE A COOL GUIDE I GUESS ILL GO CRY THANKS