#teamtrees (Please read) <3

Greetings everybody!

As a lot of you probably know on October 25th, YouTubers "MrBeast" and "Mark Rober" uploaded videos titled "Planting 20,000,000 Trees, My Biggest Project Ever!" and "Using Drones to Plant 20,000,000 Trees". In the videos they along with a small community of people plant roughly 1,700+ trees. Due to it being nearly impossible to actually plant 20,000,000 trees in one video the two YouTubers teamed up with the Arbor Day Foundation, together they have created #teamtrees . The goal of #teamtrees is to plant 20,000,000 trees by the 1st of January 2020, with an outstanding 7,698,292 trees, this is all done through donations ($1 = 1 tree). #teamtrees has already taken the internet by storm, gaining support from fans, fellow YouTubers as well as some very famous individuals.

It may have come to your attention in recent months that our planet is in trouble. Our climate is being poisoned, deforestation is at a high once more and we are currently in our sixth mass extinction event, however it is the first to be caused by humans. With the number of trees being cut down daily, hundreds of thousands of species if not more are losing their homes. In saying this, it may help to know the impact planting 20,000,000 trees actually will have, in which case I suggest you watch this video.  

With all that said, my main point for making this post is because I want your help. I genuinely believe that our community can make a big impact and help the cause immensely. An idea that has been floating through my mind is that an option in the donation store could be set up to gather a large amount of money which would be donated as a collective and a community, if that is something that @Wolf or any of management wish to do I think that would be a great idea. I plan on personally donating $200 to #teamtrees, alongside me, many of my friends and family will be donating various amounts of money. If you can't donate any money don't let that stop you from doing your part! Start spreading the news about #teamtrees in any way you can, tell your family, friends and co-workers about the initiative, make social media posts about it. Be an advocate for change and a force for good!

Edited by Rimmin
  • Upvote 9

Today Elon Musk personally donated 1,000,000 trees or $1,000,000 worth of trees. This is a great cause to get behind and I can definitely see it hitting the 20,000,000 tree goal before the target date. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Rimmin said:

Click the hashtag <3

#TeamTreasIG

3 hours ago, Cure said:

Today Elon Musk personally donated 1,000,000 trees or $1,000,000 worth of trees. This is a great cause to get behind and I can definitely see it hitting the 20,000,000 tree goal before the target date. 

image0.jpg

This is a great cause to get behind, personally I like the idea of the donation store implementation as I feel it would be a good way to raise some money which can then be donated on Imperial Gamings behalf. I personally watched both Mr Beast's and Mark Rober's videos regarding the cause which was inspiring to see, and it is good to see that everybody's favourite man Elon Musk has decided to back the cause.

#TeamTreesIG

• Upvote 1