📷 Happy Hall🎃ween Update {StarwarsRP}

Personally I like some of the Halloween additions and dislike some very heavily, the Green skybox with the pumpkins ruins Hyperspace jumps and certain elements of RP for Navy as it hides any location you jump to and just doesn't work for proper RP. Additionally the nooses that are around the ship just flat out should not be there, having a prop like this in multiple locations around the ship is very controversial and could deeply offend and hurt any members of the community who;

1. Have battled the issue themselves and are trying to move on
  2. Have had friends or family members who have been affected by the issue or that they have lost to the issue

The issue being Suicide. I get that it is meant purely as a Halloween props to make the ship spooky but you have to think things like this through from all angles when contemplating their implementation and to be fair there is no real need for them to be hung in the IHCBR or recruit room anyways (where it has been set in a location so that new recruits spawn inside it, is that really the message we want to be sending to new members who join us over the holiday period).

EDIT:  Nooses are being removed after speaking with Jman

Edited by Sully
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Nice stuff, a bit boring (as in plain or like not exciting) but thats ok. (Don't get offended plezz)

39 minutes ago, Sully said:

Additionally the nooses that are around the ship just flat out should not be there, having a prop like this in multiple locations around the ship is very controversial and could deeply offend and hurt any members of the community

I definitely agree.

Edited by Kamelieon
  • Like 3

Personally I hate the skybox changes for Halloween. They ruin immersion, prevent us from using other hyperspace options and just don't make sense in the Star Wars universe. I don't want to spend several days stuck doing nothing because someone decided we would encounter a nebula at the Planet Molavar... We have been to this planet several times. It is apart of our patrol route and we have never encountered a nebula before. They don't just appear out of nowhere in the Outer Rim. Not only that I now get approached in RP for Halloween props that are completely out of my control and not my fault. These types of props shouldn't influence RP so much like they are currently. For example, being approached by ISB because we have a huge cobweb with a dropship stuck inside the moonpool. I can remove it in RP (I did) but that doesn't mean it will actually disappear.. Then I just get questioned again the next time it happens. 

Just to make it clear I don't have an issue with some of the other props because they have little to no influence on RP. I only have an issue with the larger props such as the "Nebula" and the Dropship stuck to the Moonpool. This is supposed to be a Serious RP server. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Crunchy said:

Wait so 1300

combine the 1 and 3 so 4

400 what I’m confused please explain

also its spoopy season boys and grills

1 and 3 makes B.

so you get B00

spoopy

• Shocked 1
On 10/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, Sully said:

Personally I like some of the Halloween additions and dislike some very heavily, the Green skybox with the pumpkins ruins Hyperspace jumps and certain elements of RP for Navy as it hides any location you jump to and just doesn't work for proper RP. Additionally the nooses that are around the ship just flat out should not be there, having a prop like this in multiple locations around the ship is very controversial and could deeply offend and hurt any members of the community who;

1. Have battled the issue themselves and are trying to move on
  2. Have had friends or family members who have been affected by the issue or that they have lost to the issue

The issue being Suicide. I get that it is meant purely as a Halloween props to make the ship spooky but you have to think things like this through from all angles when contemplating their implementation and to be fair there is no real need for them to be hung in the IHCBR or recruit room anyways (where it has been set in a location so that new recruits spawn inside it, is that really the message we want to be sending to new members who join us over the holiday period).

EDIT:  Nooses are being removed after speaking with Jman

If you dont like it dont play GMOD

• Downvote 3
  • Upvote 2
20 hours ago, Banks said:

If you dont like it dont play GMOD

Hey bud, just alerting you now before this gets out of hand. The statement "If you don't like it don't ____" is a terrible thing to say in a community of diverse and very different people, you either haven't taken his comment seriously or are just trying to get some attention out of it. Understand you have commented this on a public website, on the profile of someone with mental issues, and if you feel the need to disrespect people in this community please feel free to leave because I will not welcome toxicity. 

Edited by Yuri
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

This is being edgy for the sake of being edgy. On top of that, it's a bad attempt at being edgy.

Not trying to be edgy. The fact people are getting triggered over props of nooses is very disappointing. If you dont want to see this type of stuff on the internet dont go on the internet its pretty simple

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, [IG] Tackxo said:

Jesus Christ, now people are upset at a f**king noose?

I’m no stranger to suicide but if you would look at the context that the noose is in you wouldn’t give a sh*t, or better yet, keep it to yourself, not a star wars role play forum.

Please remember the fact that this is also one of the themes of this holiday, nooses are seemingly prevalent as a way of being “spooky” or whatever the f**k.

Like Banks said, if you see something on the internet, don’t get upset at it because it triggers you, because most of the time people forget trigger warnings exist  and also because it’s the internet. 

cool props but

Yesssir too many people that need to grow up these days. If you don't like it ignore it or don't play the game. Honestly tired of all these softies. 

• Downvote 2
  • Upvote 1

Perhaps some of you need to take the toxicity out of this post.

Yuri has made a nice post updating us on recent changes to the map yet you guys are arguing over nothing.

Edited by Galle
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Advisor

This topic appears to have become hostile.

If you have issues with the OOC decorations placed around the ship to celebrate Halloween for a week feel free to contact management on TS to discuss your concerns.

Happy Halloween

• Like 1