Forums have been pretty quiet for a little bit so thought I'd add a discussion topic that might be fun.

I'm curious to know what everyone's first game they ever played was, obviously if you're not comfortable with posting anything that's totally fine just sit back and read some responses :) 

So.

My first ever game I played was Beyond Good and Evil on the xbox original (which I highly recommend you play, it's on Steam), my mother bought the xbox for the family and it came with BGE so I played it since it was all I had and I fell in love with it. 

You'll notice the pig in the box art down below is my current Steam and Discord photo.

Spoiler

BGE.jpg.03d3c2a9aaf9ea348a84e164c8f4c6dd.jpg

Essentially the game is a detective game, you play as Jade in the beautiful city of Hillys where constant attacks by Domz aliens reap the land, hired by a secret associate it's up to you to with your camera and report on the secrets the Domz hold behind their back. 

To this day I still play this game, not just for the nostalgia I get when playing it, but just because it's such a fun game to play, the combat system works very well and for the most part the game is pretty easy in those terms, there are forced stealth moments where getting seen will have you insta killed but it fits in with the vibe of the game. The first time I ever played the game I also somehow managed to stealth 90% of the game, only ever pulling out my Dai-mo for forced boss fights, and because of the lack of a upgrade or skill set for the character, I wasn't reprimanded for skipping normal fights, I didn't need to go back and collect XP in order to stand up to the boss.

Right okay nostalgia wave over phew, but anyway it's up to you now, feel free to chuck your first ever game you played with as little or as much detail as you want, just chuck the game title and be done with it, that's cool. 

Psst also hey check out the game on Steam, pretty cheap.

Either Crash Bandicoot Racing or Lego star wars i Cant remember. but i remember having alot of fun on both games.

One is a Racing game with Crash Bandicoot and it was two player 

and the other was lego star wars, but on the original trilogy the image i posted of it was the box art I remember  dont @Delta me

Image result for crash bandicoot racing ps2     Image result for lego star wars the complete saga ps2

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, GeorgeBloon said:

Hmm ah yes a timeless classic, Halo in the library during recess and lunch with the boys was always so good.

Nah I was deadass 3 and played it on my xbox.

• Like 1

The Sims 2 on PC.

It would've been 2004 and my older sister (who was 14/15 at the time) had recently gotten the game to play on her chunky beige white computer with pink stickers. Little 4 year old me walked into my sister's room and asked what she was playing and she let me watch her create a Sim, furnish a house and play around for a bit. I distinctly remember looking at the map view of the neighbourhood and being amazed for whatever reason. I asked her if I could play and she said no for now but said I could play the next day. I remember going to sleep super excited and nervous, but sadly don't remember anything from my first time actually playing the game.

Been an avid Sims fan ever since.

6 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

The Sims 2 on PC.

It would've been 2004 and my older sister (who was 14/15 at the time) had recently gotten the game to play on her chunky beige white computer with pink stickers. Little 4 year old me walked into my sister's room and asked what she was playing and she let me watch her create a Sim, furnish a house and play around for a bit. I distinctly remember looking at the map view of the neighbourhood and being amazed for whatever reason. I asked her if I could play and she said no for now but said I could play the next day. I remember going to sleep super excited and nervous, but sadly don't remember anything from my first time actually playing the game.

Been an avid Sims fan ever since.

Man the sims was the best and still is (sims 3 better than 4 dont @ me) 

6 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

GTA San Andreas on the PS2

So good, only ever played it at my friend's house in the dark when everyone else was asleep.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, GeorgeBloon said:

Man the sims was the best and still is (sims 3 better than 4 dont @ me) 

You are 100% true. I wish The Sims 3 ran better though. I would write a list about what I'd want in The Sims 5 but that'd make me appear to be more of a Sims nerd than I'd like to appear.

• Haha 1

Hard to pinpoint exactly what the first game would have actually been, but most likely one of the following off a best 100 games for MS DOS shareware CD-ROM - 

Traffic Department 2192
Descent - Destination Saturn
Wolfenstein 3D
Doom
Duke Nukem I & II
Halloween Harry
Magic Carpet
Rise of the Triad
Heretic
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold

I also recall jamming the OG Sim City (off a floppy disk lmao) but not sure if before or after my wormhole was blown by the sick graphics of freeware DOS games

For lulz, feel free to google any of those if you aren't familiar with them and have a look at dem graphics

34 minutes ago, Cecil said:

The first game I got my hands on was Lion King on the PS1. Absolute bomb of a game. Running away from Scar for whatever reason was pretty scary and always Mum and Dad play that part.

That does sound scary, I played Madagascar and got scared by the zookeeper.

2 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

Hard to pinpoint exactly what the first game would have actually been, but most likely one of the following off a best 100 games for MS DOS shareware CD-ROM - 

Traffic Department 2192
Descent - Destination Saturn
Wolfenstein 3D
Doom
Duke Nukem I & II
Halloween Harry
Magic Carpet
Rise of the Triad
Heretic
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold

I also recall jamming the OG Sim City (off a floppy disk lmao) but not sure if before or after my wormhole was blown by the sick graphics of freeware DOS games

For lulz, feel free to google any of those if you aren't familiar with them and have a look at dem graphics

I was saddened to search Halloween Harry and find it wasn't a spooky version of Harry Potter, but man those are some old games, pretty good ones too.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, [IG] Tackxo said:

banjo kazooie on the nintendo 64 followed up with star wars shadows of the empire/episode 1: racer
oh and starfox 64

oooh they're such good games 

2 hours ago, PULSE said:

Spyro on the PS1 for me, always will be a big favourite. Also had Pokemon Gold on the GameBoy Colour 

Noice as

1 hour ago, Aera said:

Star Wars Battlefront 1/2 (the originals) on the Xbox

good times

Original Battlefronts better than EA ones don't @ me

54 minutes ago, Butcher232 said:

Probably skylanders or that bolt game on nintendo 3ds lol

Man I never had a 3ds so skipped over those games

My dad really liked GTA Vice city when i was young and for some reason we were allowed to play despite the fact I was 4. Apparently my little brother would pick up "ladies of the night" and I would purposely drive my cars on the footpath. I also recall playing Call of duty on the Wii which was fun

Some of the first games I remember playing are these

I played this game when I was 4 years old on one of these block computers

image.png.b75e70bd3520fcd9ea384f07522128f0.pngimage.png.e6e59740e0da51b52a860152f3773e1d.png

then in 2009 I remember playing club penguin

2010 I played Minecraft bois

2011 image.png.a0054461c30045c31800690bc83f22cc.pngTAMAGOTCHI!!!

and in 2012 I got my first Nintendo and played ben 10 omniverse and I played Nintendogs aswell

and the last time I played nintendogs was in 2014 so that means I haven fed my nintendogs or walked them in 5 years :(

those are the earliest game I can remember playing all the games past 2014 I played arnt the OG games

and it makes me sad that I will most likely not be able to revisit these games again :( 

4 minutes ago, Ragdig said:

My dad really liked GTA Vice city when i was young and for some reason we were allowed to play despite the fact I was 4. Apparently my little brother would pick up "ladies of the night" and I would purposely drive my cars on the footpath. I also recall playing Call of duty on the Wii which was fun

Breaking News 4 year old plays violent game and grows up to play Gmod as a chad, more to this story at 8

2 minutes ago, Crunchy said:

And it makes me sad that I will most likely not be able to revisit these games again :( 

Man that's sad, I'm lucky that some prominent games of my childhood are available to play to this day (BGE, Kotor 1&2, Battlefront 1&2) however there are some games that just are impossible to play/find unless you get the original console and game.   

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1