Steam Duping Scam!

Evening Gamers...

There has currently been a scam roaming around Steam as of Yesterday as seen in reports. I myself have also been exposed to the scam. However, I am a genius and knew it was a scam after much experience. Essentially the scam is one of your friends or non-friends says you've been "reported" for duping items and you must do something in order to not get banned i.e. friend another user. Now, I'm not naming names but I believe one of my friends from the community was hacked and they attempted to commit this scam on myself as said earlier. If you would like to learn more here are 2 already posted threads.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamuniverse/discussions/0/1629665087685517407/?ctp=2

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamuniverse/discussions/0/1629665087673932819/

• Upvote 2

Thank you I'll be smarter 

Bully person killing me in battle front 

Just never click on links and then make people comment before they add you, makes it super easy to tell who is a bot and who isn’t.

Oh and also most bots are level 0.

Stay safe homies.

As I’m sure you’ve all heard before if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. Quite a few times some of my good mates have had their steam accounts hacked and messages sent to me. Like others have said it’s fairly obvious if it’s a scam or not, typically a good way to figure it out is to send them a message and await a response.

39 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Just never click on links and then make people comment before they add you, makes it super easy to tell who is a bot and who isn’t.

Oh and also most bots are level 0.

Stay safe homies.

Exactly this ^^

I literally just block/ignore any level 0/1 steam accounts that add me. Haven't had a scam attempt on me in like a year and a half

2 hours ago, SiegeMonkey said:

Exactly this ^^

I literally just block/ignore any level 0/1 steam accounts that add me. Haven't had a scam attempt on me in like a year and a half

Same, key to not being scammed is just basically be antisocial with low level peeps.

stay safe gamers.

It's mostly common sense (not trying to be rude) if a random account adds you attempting to say that your items are duped, or a steam rep, you should only get those over emails. Despite that, if ever in doubt, just leave it, or ask them to send you an email from Steam Support. Either way, you'll have a confirmation

Edited by Marsh

9 hours ago, Auzii said:

I am a genius

Love that.

Thanks for the update, cyber security be important af.