My ban appeal

Prologue

Hey all, I should first make it known that this appeal was written by Joel but from the words of Jimmy himself. Jimmy is one of the most dedicated server members that I have seen and has been an amazing member of 212th. While he is younger than most on the server he has been a great addition to the 212th and server, and is truly upset with what his actions have caused. 

Steam Details

Steam Name: [TFN] [TM] !ᴀᴄᴇ

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:93026926

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198146319580/

In Game Details

In Game Name: 2209 - Jimmy

In Game Rank: Sergeant

In Game Regiment: 212th Attack Battalion

Ban Details

(Insert a screenshot of the ban notice here)

ban_date_thing.png?width=400&height=225

How long was the ban for: Permanent

Which staff member banned you: Sergeant 73 ? 'Siege' (STEAM_0:1:90832271) (Siege Monkey on forums)

What date did the ban occur: 6/10/2019

What was the reason for the ban: Joining on An Alt Account

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned: I have spent a while on the server within the 212th regiment. I was interested in seeing what the other regiments were like within the server. However, I did not want to lose the current rank that I had worked tirelessly for. I was at the time unaware at the time that the use of an alternate account would get myself banned and did not discover this until after I had received it.  

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance: I believe that I should be unbanned as I am extremely sorry for what I have done and if I had known that using an alternate account would have gotten me banned I would have not used it in the first place. I am extremely sorry for what I have done and I hope that I can be unbanned as I truly would like to continue my time on the server. I always want to better and improve myself and I have not intentionally minged or caused problems on the server. I would truly do anything to get the chance to play on the server again. 

Edited by 2209-Jimmy
typo
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 3

Neutral

I have two issues with your ban appeal

My first issue is why Joel had to type this appeal instead of yourself, this makes it seem like you don't have the time or effort to type one yourself

The second issue is that you were banned today, I would suggest waiting a bit longer before trying to appeal the ban

Edited by Galle
  • Thinking 1

From what has been said, I think the ban should be reduced from a permanent state. Not completely un-banning Jimmy as he has to think through about what he has done and the issue that has been raised. If he truly did not know then I suggest to touch up on the other rules on the server so something like this doesn't happen again. I wish you best of luck on this appeal.

+1 for permanent ban removal and placed on a temporary ban.

• Upvote 1

I will not leave a +1 or a -1 however, I will simply state that Jimmy did not use his alt account for any malicious intent. He simply wished to try out new regiments without having to leave 212th. When I responded to the request for a SGT+ to the recruit room, the first thing he said was that he was on an alt account for this reason. Obviously Jimmy was not aware of the rule, however, as Cecil told him in a quick meeting on TS which I also attended, not knowing the rule(s) does not excuse people from breaking them. 

In my personal opinion, a banning of the alt account and a firm warning, stating that any rule breaking with result with severe punishments. I do not believe Jimmy has ever intended to break the rules, in fact, from the little I have seen of him, he seems to be a trustworthy player. Unfortunately for Jimmy, he did not read the rules (Which is something mentioned in recruit training) and therefor was permanently banned because of it.

As a side note; @Jman1308 will have more information on this part but, regarding @Galle's reply. Jimmy is quite young, and (I assume) heavily monitored by his parents online, who would not allow him to sign-up for a forums account, and in my opinion, we cannot fault him for that. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think you deserve a permanent ban for this, however as others have stated you need time to reflect on your actions and ensure that nothing like this will happen again. I suggest familiarising yourself with all the server’s rules and understanding in full what they mean as that would do you a lot of good in the long run. 

+1  for ban reduction, and I wish you the best of luck with your application.

Edited by Matrix
  • Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Matrix said:

I don’t think you deserves a permanent ban for this, however as others have stated you need time to reflect on your actions and ensure that nothing like this will happen again. I suggest familiarising yourself with all the server’s rules and understanding in full what they mean as that would do you a lot of good in the long run. 

• Upvote 1

+1

An honest mistake without knowing the punishments. I believe you should be given the opportunity you deserve, However please familiarise yourself with the Servers Rules and Guidelines. This will be extremely handy in the long run, possibly saving you from another incident like this.

Good Luck!

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Luigi said:

+1

An honest mistake without knowing the punishments. I believe you should be given the opportunity you deserve, However please familiarise yourself with the Servers Rules and Guidelines. This will be extremely handy in the long run, possibly saving you from another incident like this.

Good Luck!

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Luigi said:

+1

Good Luck!

Completely agree  +1

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Luigi said:

+1

Good Luck!

Agreed +1

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Matrix said:

I don’t think you deserve a permanent ban for this, however as others have stated you need time to reflect on your actions and ensure that nothing like this will happen again. I suggest familiarising yourself with all the server’s rules and understanding in full what they mean as that would do you a lot of good in the long run. 

+1

• Upvote 1
  • zaspan locked this topic