Honest Thoughts on the Death Star Map

What are your Honest thoughts on the Death Star Map?

Please answer truthfully in full sentences or cover the cons if not both pros & cons.
Why? Because it could bring about more changes to the map for the better.

You can find the Death Star map link here.

My Thoughts

I believe there is one underlining issue with the map which can't be fixed without altering how Star Wars plays out in the films.

The Death Star is unable to be attacked in many ways, Event Masters are limited to what they can do when it comes to running Events on the Death Star in terms of Hostile.
When it comes to passive events, they can't really exceed the boarders of cargo deliveries or troop arrivals.
For hostile events, it is extremely limiting to prison breaks & simulations. Can't really bring hostiles aboard the Death Star without having role play consequences for Navy & Security.

When it comes to the Imperial Star Destroyer map ( link ), It allows for more inclusive role play in which others could get involved or not. It has a wide range of things to do in comparison to to the Death Star map.

There is one other problem in which I believe others would agree, is that it's some what difficult or hard to get places, the ladders helped on the earlier version but could only have one person going up or down at one given time.  

Overall, I believe it's a good map but it's limiting to what servers can do with them without surpassing the Star Wars story line. 

Though I'd think it would be interesting to have the following maps:

Spoiler

New Imperial Star Destroyer Map
Features:

- Same mechanics as the latest version of the Imperial Star Destroyer map.

- When Reactor is Off have the ship moved into auxiliary power (Hallway lights are dim somewhat and red like in Star Wars Rebels).

- Admin room with a button to have the vessel go lights out fully. No Auxiliary power or anything.

- Imperial I-Class with changeable skins from Default to the Chimaera paintjob which is displayed on the ventral side (Hangar Side) of the Imperial Star Destroyer.

Lothal City & Imperial Complex 
Features: (Basing this off of Star Wars Rebels)

- A decent sized city area for civilian roleplay

- Imperial Complex which houses the essentials for an Imperial base.

- Multiple Hangers for both Walkers & TIE Fighters and drop ships.

- Facility Generator room.

- A good sized sky limit for aerial dogfights. 

Standard Haven-class medical station and or a Abandoned One
Features: (Link to Rebels Episode)

- Standard Areas you might find in a Medical Facility.

- Multiple Hangars / Docking Stations (Though there isn't really anything to dock with it)

- Map mechanics such as power out, auxiliary power mode (hallway lights turn red and become dim)

If you have any of your ideas for potential maps feel free to post them under your pros & cons for the Death Star map.

Edited by TheNegotiator
  • Upvote 6
37 minutes ago, Delta said:

Ambient sounds, got to go 

bring back the Ladders please

Pommes has stated he will not remove the Ambient sounds and that they are "quieter than footsteps"

Edited by Eclipse
57 minutes ago, Crunchy said:

Its a cool map at first but as you play it more and more it loses its wow factor and you begin to notice the gaps in the walls that lead to the void etc.

Amen, honestly the Death Star is not good for the basic person (as in Non-TI, ISB, IHC or Navy Ofiicer). If you aren't high positions/roles then you are just on playing hallway simulator.

Edited by Kamelieon
1 hour ago, Crunchy said:

Its a cool map at first but as you play it more and more it loses its wow factor and you begin to notice the gaps in the walls that lead to the void etc.

Essentially this.

On 9/27/2019 at 3:34 PM, Crunchy said:

I agree with this statement.