Combine Voice Replacement + Contest

So, the NPCs on the Server are mainly combines, and whenever they're killed you're sort of taken out of the immersion because of the combine NPC death noise, now, I want to change that. I'm going to be making a combince voice replacement that replaces all combines on the server with a normal scream or something from battlefront 2 and my trusty frosty editor.

However, after some thinking, I thought it would be useful to have some voice lines from the community in there. So essentially, there's 3 death noises and they're all going to be normal rebels from Battlefront 2, sorry to those who were excited to hear their voice every 3rd combine that dies, but I think that'd take us out of the immersion more than the combine ones.

However, there are literally like 90 voice lines apart from those death noises that I need to fill up with voice lines and sound effects, and I thought, why not let the community put themselves in in some places.

There's a few different styles, there's the basic "Copy that." and "Affirmative." ones, there's "Enemy spotted." ones that need to get done and there's just other random voicelines that are for ambient usage. I have enough voicelines in Battlefront 2 that I CAN use, but I thought I'd give you the chance.

So, if you think you've got an interesting voice, make a recording and throw up a voiceline on youtube and then link it here, you can do multiple if you'd like and if they're good enough chances are I'll put them in to the game and then hopefully the Server Management permitting :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

If my mic wasn't so crap I'd be down, maybe I'll borrow some gear off work to get some cleaner recordings

Go for it man :).

I might put something from me in there, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Some that I urgently need are.

"Copy that, sir."
"For the Rebellion!"
"Affirmative."
"Willco"

Some others that would be nice are surprised ones like
"What the Hell?" (hell is a star wars word)
"Karabast!"
"Be quiet buckethead."

1 hour ago, SCHEFF said:

Sign me up!

Expect to hear some amazing death (constipation) sounds, ultra immersive.

13 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

I NEED A MEDIC BAG

Just record and send em to me