Death Star Map - In or Out?

Death Star Map - In or Out?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Death Star map should be kept in weekly rotation?

• Yes
    • No

• Advisor

Due to recent feedback from the community about the Death Star map we have decided to ask you whether we should keep the Death Star map the in weekly rotation.

Vote and post any further constructive feedback below.

• Downvote 1
  • zaspan locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jman1308 pinned and featured this topic

In all honesty haven't enjoyed the map for a long time, largely due to the lack of RP outside of officer positions and their guards. While now I may be guarding someone important, I still feel that the map is boring for most, its also large and kind of hard to navigate with or without maps

• Upvote 1

The Deathstar map I actually quite like. It has more varied and greater areas that can be utilised and occupied in creative ways. Though I think there is definetly more potential in the form of passive events, rp run by regiments and SIMs and training opportunities taking advantage of the what the map offers. Its a great opportunity to try new things and see what works and what can be valued.

I've personally always enjoyed the map, it's the map that was in rotation when I first joined the server, so there's a feeling of nostalgia there I admit. The feeling/atmosphere is great and I've had some of my favourite RP moments on it. However, I understand the difficulties with having it in constant rotation for the many people who dislike it. The layout is a bit jarring at first, but I feel as if there are a lot of opportunities that haven't been explored.

I seriously dislike the map, I purposely disconnect when the map is on so other people can enjoy it. You can keep the map if you truly like it but I will not be connected. 

(not to sound b*tchy as f*ck)

Edited by Yuri
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 2
On 9/21/2019 at 6:29 PM, Bailey said:

Event map.

Anaxes is a great map and I think everyone likes it, but that's my opinion. As well as Naboo gives chances for civilian RP.

On 9/21/2019 at 5:05 PM, Gregis said:

Use it as a event map

Tight corridors, small spaces, elevators everywhere, escapes. + NPCs/ECs = Good Luck.

The DS would be a terrible event map. Even finding a place to put the NPCs/ECs in would be hard. 

Rebels wouldn't be able to board the ship, droids wouldn't be able to board the ship. Any outside ships attempting to board would be denied and sent back.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, servorus7 said:

Tight corridors, small spaces, elevators everywhere, escapes. + NPCs/ECs = Good Luck.

The DS would be a terrible event map. Even finding a place to put the NPCs/ECs in would be hard. 

Rebels wouldn't be able to board the ship, droids wouldn't be able to board the ship. Any outside ships attempting to board would be denied and sent back.

It doesn't really give much opportunity for On-ship events, or much Naval RP when it comes to trader relations or otherwise not Imperial Vessels. Although the Navy RP for the battlestation itself would be great no doubt.

• Rook unpinned this topic