Bailey

Music of IG

Since one of these hasn't been posted in a while, I'm gonna need some brazy suggestions to add to my playlist. Reason I thought of this is because of the new Posty album that just dropped (fire tbh, no bias) and a few songs that Stormzy has been dropping recently. Realising I want to expand my playlist I've come to the forums.

Help a brother out.

For anyone curious, these the songs I'm talking about particularly and is essentially my music taste.

• Upvote 1

Ok ima just list a few songs

Better Not (fav song)
Because I love you
Addicted To You 
Choirs 
Crazy Love
D.A.N.C.E
Glad you Came
High
Let You Know
Light It Up
Like A G6
Nobody to Love
Redbone
Right to it
Say my Name (Odesza)
This is How We Do

Some of the songs have two artists, so which ever one is better 

1 minute ago, Welly said:

Musicy boi

It helps me relax when I get anxious, I've got special consideration for exams where I'm allowed to listen to music as long as I'm provided a device by VCAA and they create the playlist to my specifications. Its good :)

• Upvote 1

Enjoying the new Post Malone album at the moment. However, I have also recently found:

- Billabong Valley (King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard)

- We love you Tecca (Lil Tecca's first album)

- Happiness (Rex Orange County)

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

It helps me relax when I get anxious, I've got special consideration for exams where I'm allowed to listen to music as long as I'm provided a device by VCAA and they create the playlist to my specifications. Its good :)

Damn that's really neat! So you need playlists that can last through those exams? Like Vanilla said too many songs I listen to are a "nonono" lmao.

Just now, Welly said:

Damn that's really neat! So you need playlists that can last through those exams? Like Vanilla said too many songs I listen to are a "nonono" lmao.

I've got playlists that last through the exams, I just like music lol.

• Upvote 1

MONSTERCAT 

monstercat on youtube/spotify is legit all I listen to they made Crab Rave if you don't know who they are.

Also just some good ol classical music never hurt anybody, come see Hans Zimmer with me in Melbourne towards the end of the year ;)

My playlist consists of mainly lofi and a few 2000s and early 2010s bops spread in between for some variety.

Honestly the ChilledCow lofi stream is all I need to get me through a tough day. Best thing is there's no ads between music!

However, I do have a few that may fit your taste. In saying that, I've realised I desperately need to update my playlist xD my taste in music has massively shifted over the years.

Spoiler

Kendrick Lamar - ADHD

Literally any modern Ariana Grande song they're all the same but still fire

Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On

20syl - Ongoing Thing ft. Oddise

Yeasayer - Don't Come Close

May not fit your bill exactly but if you look at songs from the same artists I've listed here, there should be some decent finds. Just wanted to put in my two cents. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cure said:

- Happiness (Rex Orange County)

Rex Orange county's whole discography is bliss, definitely check it out for sure. 
I get pretty hectic anxiety aswell, and when I do I listen to a bunch of different artists, I'll list my main ones;
Nirvana, The Academic (Specifically bear claws - tune), Mac DeMarco, KNOWER, Vulfpeck, Miike Snow, Steve Lacy, Skegss (local legends), RHCP, Anderson .Paak, Parcels, Arctic Monkeys.
Mainly the slow songs, I read something somewhere can't remember but your heart beat mimics the beat of whatever music you're listening to, and when I'm panicking and overthinking something (all the time), I'd just play a slow song and try to really focus on the words/beat, and it'll soon slow my heart rate and I'll calm down a little bit, think clearly, and get through it.

Also Ball Park Music have a few tunes that are really slick.

• Upvote 1

My playlist is legit composed of nothing but old timey music that make me look like a boomer. I am in no way up-to-date with any of today's music.

Screenshot_2019-09-16-14-49-36-71.thumb.png.1b18dad7214ac29c8dd403b328092139.png

I am a bit old fashioned but I mainly listen to this while on most games . I especially like the hotline Miami 2 soundtrack due to it's 90s synth wave sorta feel but it is a bit difficulty to find legally due to the game being banned in Australia.

Edited by larrythecrab
  • Upvote 1

Progressive Metal: Between The Buried And Me, Karnivool, Opeth, Meshuggah, Gojira, TesseracT, Mr Bungle, The Faceless, Periphery, Monuments, The Dali Thundering Concept, Vildhjarta, Katatonia, Animals as Leaders, Tool, Stargazer, Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend Project, Obscura, King Crimson
Death Metal: Cryptopsy, Necrophagist, Spawn of Possession, Cannibal Corpse, Job For A Cowboy, Goatwhore, Nile, Alluvial, Black Crown Initiate, Behemoth
Black Metal: Emperor, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, Immortal
Metal: Metallica, Slayer, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Lamb of God, Trivium
Blues: BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Tinsley Ellis, Tony Joe White, Albert King, Lonnie Brooks, Magic Slim, Tommy Castro
Rock: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Fleetwood Mac, Cream, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Heart, Billy Idol, Audiovent, Birds of Tokyo, Cold Chisel, The Angels, Incubus, Led Zeppelin, Travelling Wilburys, Russian Circles, Queen, The Guess Who, The Pretenders, Guns n Roses, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Cranberries, ZZ Top, Rage Against the Machine
Reggae: Collie Buddz, Fat Freddy's Drop, Katchafire, Kora, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Barrington Levy, Ini Kamoze, The Black Seeds, Tomorrow People, J Boog, Damien Marley, Alborosie, Grace Jones, 1814
Folk: Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Van Morrison, Tracy Chapman
Jazz: Thelonious Monk, Grover Washington Jr, Herbie Hancock, John Coltraine, Glenn Miller, Hiroshi Suzuki
Rap: Freddie Gibbs, Kendrick Lamar, The Game, Biggie, Pac, Big L, Wu Tang Clan, Tech Nine, Snak the Ripper, Four Owls, Nas, NWA, Ice Cube, Hov, Outkast, Nate Dogg
Alternative: The Smiths, Jeff Buckley, Depeche Mode, Thomas Giles, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Deftones, Icehouse, Alanis Morissette, Blind Melon, Talking Heads
Funk: Average White Band, Lionel Ritchie, The Commodores, Parliament, Earth Wind and Fire
'Pop': David Bowie, Prince, Blondie, John Lennon, Electric Light Orchestra, Elton John, Knower, Michael Jackson, Pat Benatar, The Beatles, Genesis
50's: Ray Charles, Fats Domino, Bing Crosby, Roy Brown, Little Richard, Chuck Berry

i don't get into nunadat doof doof modern music 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tonberry said:

Progressive Metal: Between The Buried And Me, Karnivool, Opeth, Meshuggah, Gojira, TesseracT, Mr Bungle, The Faceless, Periphery, Monuments, The Dali Thundering Concept, Vildhjarta, Katatonia, Animals as Leaders, Tool, Stargazer, Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend Project, Obscura, King Crimson
Death Metal: Cryptopsy, Necrophagist, Spawn of Possession, Cannibal Corpse, Job For A Cowboy, Goatwhore, Nile, Alluvial, Black Crown Initiate, Behemoth
Black Metal: Emperor, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, Immortal
Metal: Metallica, Slayer, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Lamb of God, Trivium
Blues: BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Tinsley Ellis, Tony Joe White, Albert King, Lonnie Brooks, Magic Slim, Tommy Castro
Rock: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Fleetwood Mac, Cream, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Heart, Billy Idol, Audiovent, Birds of Tokyo, Cold Chisel, The Angels, Incubus, Led Zeppelin, Travelling Wilburys, Russian Circles, Queen, The Guess Who, The Pretenders, Guns n Roses, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Cranberries, ZZ Top, Rage Against the Machine
Reggae: Collie Buddz, Fat Freddy's Drop, Katchafire, Kora, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Barrington Levy, Ini Kamoze, The Black Seeds, Tomorrow People, J Boog, Damien Marley, Alborosie, Grace Jones, 1814
Folk: Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Van Morrison, Tracy Chapman
Jazz: Thelonious Monk, Grover Washington Jr, Herbie Hancock, John Coltraine, Glenn Miller, Hiroshi Suzuki
Rap: Freddie Gibbs, Kendrick Lamar, The Game, Biggie, Pac, Big L, Wu Tang Clan, Tech Nine, Snak the Ripper, Four Owls, Nas, NWA, Ice Cube, Hov, Outkast, Nate Dogg
Alternative: The Smiths, Jeff Buckley, Depeche Mode, Thomas Giles, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Deftones, Icehouse, Alanis Morissette, Blind Melon, Talking Heads
Funk: Average White Band, Lionel Ritchie, The Commodores, Parliament, Earth Wind and Fire
'Pop': David Bowie, Prince, Blondie, John Lennon, Electric Light Orchestra, Elton John, Knower, Michael Jackson, Pat Benatar, The Beatles, Genesis
50's: Ray Charles, Fats Domino, Bing Crosby, Roy Brown, Little Richard, Chuck Berry

i don't get into nunadat doof doof modern music 

4ABB96FD-0B00-4F33-9131-0BAAC5932545.jpeg.7a2ebc1dd255910d2bd03c2768a4863f.jpeg

• Haha 2