Theo

Look after yourself.

Hello Everyone,

I am just writing this because i feel in my heart to encourage everyone to remember their priorities in life. Garry's mod and and other games are fun and all but it should only be seen as a hobby, in my opinion once it starts becoming a "chore" or more of a priority to you than life (School, IRL friends and relationships, Personal Commitments and health) then it is a problem. I let SWRP and other videos games take over my life and i got too committed to it, almost like an addiction and i 'lost myself' and it started affecting my IRL tasks and relationships, I've come to my revelation when it was too late where my GF dumped me (Good riddance though), and i was so far behind my University work and i wasn't looking after my physical health. Hence why i decided to Step down as Shock CO and limit my game time and im now making sure that im up to task with everything important in my life before i engage with my hobbies like gaming.

My point is that i want everyone to make sure you're looking after yourself, make sure life comes first. School/Work, Relationships, Family & Friends, Mental & Physical health, and personal commitments should always come first before gaming, as much as it is enjoyable trust me. I am now 20 and i have decided to 'Grow up' and focus on me, and i encourage everyone to put themselves first. If you're struggling with something i promise you there will always be someone there for you, just reach out. 

-Cheers, Theo

Edited by Theo
  • Upvote 9

It is a good point. Recently dropped into "that mood" again where I feel mingey, a break could do me some good haha.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, do what makes YOU happy. If you don't enjoy SWRP, don't play, don't feel like you're forced to stay if you feel it becoming more and more of a chore. On top of this, everything in moderation, if you can't study or do well at school while playing SWRP, or you're missing days off of work while playing SWRP and you find a direct correlation in it you may have to drop it or drop your playtime on it each day.

Take care of yourselves and do what makes you happy, f**k everyone else, you're the only one who knows what you really want and the only one who will stick by you unconditionally.

• Upvote 1

Preach it Theo man, I recently have found that out as well as not having internet lmao. I have started going to a gym, doing OzTag with a bunch of my mates and I am really enjoying myself. I still do wish to play SWRP as I love everyone on there and yes we all do need to remind ourselves that there are things better than games and things more engaging.

• Like 1

Just saw this post now, thanks for being the best commander i will ever have and also being good friend this post reminded me to go see family i haven't in a long time a long time due to Star Wars RP so thanks. and i still will be the biggest minge in the council of SK/RT. Take it easy :)

Edited by Prodigy
  • Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.