• SteamID32:
    STEAM_0:0:13023912
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    Executive Secretary R. Indellon [Finance]
  • Time Played Imperial RP:
    6w 3h
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
  • Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    I have had a warn in the past when I was shift tabbed and got warned for point farming. When I was warned, I took it with dignity however I still believe that it was unjust as I was still in game and responded to PMs.

All warns are final unless said so otherwise by staff. I understand what I did was wrong in the past and have long since shown a clean record. As such, I hope that my record as a otherwise spotless member of this community holds with my character.
  • Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    No.
  • Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    I have owned my own community, as well as being Head Admin for Cactus Gaming in 2017. I was an event master for Geetly's Clone Wars RP server as well.

In addition to my past times as staff on other servers, which I don't feel accurately represent my dedication compared to my time on IG, I have served as an Event Master on the Imperial server. My time there was filled with dedication as well as some laziness which is something that I have worked on and actively tried to avoid.
  • What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
    I believe in the idea that everyone on the server is entitled to a fun and enjoyable time while connected. As such it's the duty of the disciplinary branch of the staff team, Moderators, Administrators, etc, to encourage that same environment. This can be done by actively moderating the community as a whole, no matter how big or small the claim. This can be anything from a simple whitelist or tool request to quickly responding to a troll spamming obscenities in OOC chat. If done correctly, everyone should be able to enjoy themselves, no matter if it is your first time connecting or if you're rank 128. Moderators are also responsible for not abusing any powers that are given to them. Ideally, all situations that cannot be handled by a member of junior staff, should be handed up to senior staff members. By following the chain of command so to speak, many situations can be resolved. Obviously there are some times where it is out of control of most staff but that is where the ideal of following the chain of command comes back into play.

By following these ideals, Moderators, as well as all staff can achieve the purpose of providing the best roleplay experience possible to players.

• Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    Currently I feel that the staff team can benefit from some new (old?) blood in their ranks. I feel that I can be that new blood and give back to the community once more at the same time. I know that in the past I have suffered with being burnt out, however, I can guarantee that those times have passed as I have found a new passion project on the server and constantly am working at it. I also would like the opportunity to prove myself as a capable member of non-event master staff. I have had some experience in the past moderating servers and feel that I can bring an understanding edge to the team. All in all I want to continue to give back to this community that I have invested in, and further good relations between staff and players.
  • What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
    I hope to bring more trust into the staff team. I want to be a member of staff that people can come to if they have questions or concerns. As such it is my primary concern to make sure that all members of the community are treated with respect to allow that trust to be given. If I can't succeed there, I hope to encourage at least a friendly environment for both staff and players.
  • Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    I would look at the logs to make sure that I have the correct SteamID and would warn for Mass RDM and Disconnecting to avoid punishment. I would also let members of staff know of the situation that just happened to make sure that the necessary precautions are taken for the server.
  • Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    I will calmly pull aside the offending party and let them know that what they are doing is against server rules. I will give them a verbal warning and continue to watch for repeated offenses and make them apologize to bridge a path of forgiveness between victim and offenders. If it is clear that the offending party has no intention to stop, I will warn them. With the warn given, it's hopeful that the offending party will stop, however every case is different and can end up with a ban due to the automatic warn threshold. Obviously I would continue to monitor the offending person if they continue and if I can't, I will let staff chat know what is happening.
  • You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    I will not confront said member, I will gather necessary information and submit a report to Management. It's not my place to be acting like a member of Management. I feel that in order to avoid drama while providing a player-friendly environment, all matters of staff reports should be done without confrontation. This way, Management can act accordingly and I will not be a provocateur of drama, the less hair pulling from all parties, the better the environment for players and staff alike.
  • Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    If I was a Trial Moderator, I would immediately let a member of senior staff or management know of the dire threat that has arisen. I would attempt to contain the situation until someone higher can overtake the situation.
  • Terms & Conditions
    Yes
  • Steam Name:
    [IG] Ragnar

+1

I've known Ragnar for long long time, and I can say he's incredibly nice and accepting, which is always a good attribute to have especially as a moderator.
In that time I have yet to see him 'lose his cool' or get angry at anything.
The application is detailed well enough and the answers were obviously thought about. (The months in government didn't go to waste).
His previous staffing experience is fairly extensive.
My only problem is that on occasion you can seem fairly distant with what's said around you, when you decide to smoke down. As in - not paying attention when people are speaking. (That can easily change though).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dirthi said:

+1

I've known Ragnar for long long time, and I can say he's incredibly nice and accepting, which is always a good attribute to have especially as a moderator.
The application is detailed well enough and the answers were obviously thought about. (The months in government didn't go to waste).
My only problem is that on occasion you can seem fairly distant with what's said around you, when you decide to smoke down. As in - not paying attention when people are speaking. (That can easily change though).

Jojo I'm giving you the last of my plus ones 

+1

13 minutes ago, Dirthi said:

+1

I agree with you there, I do smoke quite a lot, however I would not smoke when taking claims. I smoked when I was an Event Master and it never was a major problem, however if needed I can cut back.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ragnar said:

I agree with you there, I do smoke quite a lot, however I would not smoke when taking claims. I smoked when I was an Event Master and it never was a major problem, however if needed I can cut back.

My main concern is just at the busier times so about 4pm AEST - about 9pm. If it were after that in downtime where not many claims are that would be alright

Just now, Dirthi said:

My main concern is just at the busier times so about 4pm AEST - about 9pm. If it were after that in downtime where not many claims are that would be alright

During busy times I will not smoke, I never did. The only time I smoke is on downtime or when I am not preoccupied.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dirthi said:

+1

Just now, Dirthi said:

+1

Big ol' +1 

2 hours ago, Dirthi said:

+1

+1 due to the reasons stated above.

3 hours ago, Dirthi said:

+1

Easiest +1 I've given in a while.

3 hours ago, Dirthi said:

+1

I have grown very close to Ragnar over the time on IG, in fact I even gave him the role of 2IC of Scar due to this. Although he may seem 'quiet' quite often at times in character he is one of the most productive individuals on the server. He is constantly innovating the regiments he joins, weather it be creating new models or his unique improvement ideas. Some examples of these are; Scar models, 996th models, and the finance system he is currently working on. 

I ensure that not only will Ragnar be a great addition to the team, but ensure that standards are kept 'high'. Due to his hardworking and thoughtful personality that always tends to exceed expectations. These are some of the many reasons why I will be giving this application a +1

Good luck

23 minutes ago, Kamelieon said:

+1

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dirthi said:

+1

+1 reasons stated above

16 hours ago, Ragnar said:

During busy times I will not smoke, I never did. The only time I smoke is on downtime or when I am not preoccupied.

Hahahahaha  all  the time when you were 996th CO <3

Nah but in all seriousness

16 hours ago, Dirthi said:

+1

+1 reasons above

HELL YES. I've known Ragnar to be reliable, friendly and when needed to be straight to the point, giving good advice when I most needed it. This application was done well and Ragnar would be a great person to look up to for staff.

+1

Massive   +1

Ragnar is a great 2IC, easy to approach for advice and is as wise as a barn owl ;)
He is consistently showing traits of:

1. Maturity
  2. Respect
  3. Responsibility
  4. Selflessness
  5. Patience (His PAC application has been on the forums for 10 months now and hasn't complained about the response time, not once)

Due to the reasons stated above I believe Ragnar would make a great moderator and possibly a server admin in the future

Goodluck!

Edited by Stathi

1 hour ago, Stathi said:

He is consistently showing traits of:

1. Maturity
  2. Respect
  3. Responsibility
  4. Selflessness
  5. Patience (His PAC application has been on the forums for 10 months now and hasn't complained about the response time, not once)

+1 For reasons stated above and I believe he has a chance be a great mod 

On 9/11/2019 at 10:43 AM, Dirthi said:

+1

+1

• zaspan locked this topic