Basil

Staff Report- Kristopher (Arathilion)

Staff member: Senior Event master Kristopher

In Game Rank: Assistant Chief Arathilion

So today i was sent this from a friend (See below) and i am quite sure not much else needs to be said. I hope something is done about this as i think this is appalling from someone recently promoted to a Senior staff position (after being demoted in the past from the same position) 

Innocent people are being kicked in character due to an out of character situation. With that said i'm sure there is a document or an agreement saying that they are eligible to be kicked if any information about ISB is leaked but in a situation like this its just wrong, the person who took the screenshot did the right thing with stepping forward with this evidence.

"     <18:14:33> "Kristofer (Arathilion .X)" pokes you: What can I say, I openly express my opinion.      "

@Rook

@Cecil

@Jman1308

@zaspan

1577900342_Kristopherscomments.thumb.png.da9fb5185aa4d39d995cf1520cf1a1a5.png

Edited by Basil
  • Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Thinking 3
  • Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Basil said:

Assistant Chief

He's Chief now, he was promoted a few weeks ago.

As for the report, this is a stretch, especially when you take into consider the extreme hostilities that BOTH sides have shown each-other far before Kristofer wrote this message (in a chat which most ISB don't even have access to).

I do not believe a Staff Member should be demoted based on them making a comment in a Private Discord Channel, albeit, in a disrespectful tone. I think that the situation revolving around CS and ISB has far surpassed this level of disrespect, and that far worse comments have been made, aside from Kristofers'.

I know from experience in the Staff Sits we've gone into due to ISB v CS conflicts that both sides can say things that they tend to regret and things that may seem very hurtful to the opposing side.

I won't name who, but in the sit we had with zaspan, a Staff Member did say something far worse than 'retard' to me, INFRONT of the Staff Member doing the sit (zaspan), they however were not demoted, and I do not expect them to be.

I do not believe that someone should be demoted for expressing their opinion on a regiment (albeit), in a hurtful manner. They should certainly be spoken to, and asked to keep their opinions to themselves, if they cannot express the opinion in a less hurtful manner.

I myself share these views that Kristofer has expressed, all that I see wrong with holding this opinion of Chimera Squad not being a regiment one is particularly fond of, would be for the said individual to hold these opinions to themselves or to express them in a more professional manner.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1
  • Thinking 2
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4

You have the right to express how you feel I can’t agree more. 

But you are a senior staff member,

you simply cannot express those feelings in a discord with other members of the community amongst it.

as a member who has dedicated most of the previous 2 weeks to creating content for the server you play on and helping the dev team be more productive overall, to only then be refered as a retard.

i understand people make mistakes, but none the less it’s still something he has done.

i think it’s just upsetting to see senior staff sink to the toxicity in a situation where maturity is required.

Edited by Gregis
  • Thinking 2
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

Not only are you a member of the Senior Event Master in the Imperial Gaming Staff Team, you are a Chief, you are High Command, you are supposed to be important and you are supposed to act responsible, and mature. Wasn't it Carswell that was demoted to Commodore for "General insubordinance", a court case made by ISB, which was in relation to him disrespecting, other people in character, acting immature etc. Although "Out Of Character" and "In Character" are completely different things, The way you are acting OOC is similar to the way Carswell acted IC. Carswell was humiliated in front of the entire server for the way he acted, and the way he responded to being called out.

You are supposed to be a representing member of the Imperial Gaming Community, you are meant to set a good example for the people below you, for the younger members of the Community who might learn from you, and possibly start to act the same way as you.

35 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I myself share these views that Kristofer has expressed, all that I see wrong with holding this opinion of Chimera Squad not being a regiment one is particularly fond of, would be for the said individual to hold these opinions to themselves or to express them in a more professional manner.

Kristofer, and now you appear to be joining the bus @Sterling Aren't disrespecting Chimaera Squad as a regiment, you aren't calling Chimaera Squad a bad regiment, or a retarded regiment, you are calling the individual members of the regiment retards.

And yes, Chimaera hasn't always been particuarly nice to ISB, and have probably said innapropriate things, but we've never gone out of our way to blatantly disrespect the members of the ISB regiments, at least to my knowledge. On top of that, even the people who have been disrespectful withing Chimaera, haven't held the rank, role, and responsibility that Kristopher currently has.

43 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I know from experience in the Staff Sits we've gone into due to ISB v CS conflicts that both sides can say things that they tend to regret and things that may seem very hurtful to the opposing side.

I understand that there have been hurtful things said by members of Chimaera Squad, whether OOC or IC, but from my understanding there haven't been any from actual Imperial Gaming Staff Members.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, JDark47 said:

I understand that there have been hurtful things said by members of Chimaera Squad, whether OOC or IC, but from my understanding there haven't been any from actual Imperial Gaming Staff Members

As I stated in my post, both members who disrespected the Imperial Security Bureau and its members were Staff Members. I won't be naming them however, as it is not the focus of this Staff Report.

EDIT: @Splonter They are.

Edited by Sterling
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sterling said:

As I stated in my post, both members who disrespected the Imperial Security Bureau and its members were Staff Members. I won't be naming them however, as it is not the focus of this Staff Report.

They wern’t staff members.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to weigh in here, even though I'm friends with Basil and a few of the ISB members, I hope to keep this impartial.

Starting with the screenshot from the ISB Discord, I believe this was in the Death Trooper channel within the Discord, what was said is wrong, blatantly. The faster that Kristofer and anyone who doesn't believe so accepts that, the faster that the wound caused by the words can heal. Now, in saying this, there have been multiple times that BOTH sides of the house here have thrown blow after blow at each other in a snide way, now that one side has gone too far a report has come from it.

Moving on to the next piece of evidence, the video. He is correct in saying its a private discord server, however, a lot of the ISB can see that channel, as well as all of DT. So that point is moot. I agree, you should be able to have an opinion on people Kris, but once that opinion becomes disrespectful or unprofessional in a way, it needs to stay in your head. There are a lot of people I have opinions about that I bite my tongue on because it would get me in trouble, offend them or have others around me seen in a harmful light.

In regards to a punishment, I don't want to provide a guideline because I personally don't think it should be up to me to even speculate, and it will come down to Management's choice regardless.
Now, a lot of what I've said has been pretty negative towards Kristofer, because what he said is wrong and will continue to be wrong no matter what anyone says.

The problem I have with this staff report is that it comes from an argument that has been going for nearly a year now (since cs got their new models ages ago) and is going to continue until Management steps in. Management needs to sit both sides of the argument down and have a long talk about what is going on with both regiments because its getting ridiculous at this point. I don't think anyone can say that both sides have always been good when it comes to the other Regiment, and so, both of you need to sit down and talk before something like this happens again.

You don't have to be friends, no one can make you like each other, but we're on a StarWarsRP Server and you should be able to tolerate each other without throwing jabs back and forth about who needs to ID when and where.

TL;DR
What Kristofer said was wrong, and there's nothing that can argue that point back. However, both sides of the argument need to be sat down and discuss the arguments being had back and forth between both Regiments for over a year now, its ridiculous and should be squashed ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

I'm going to keep this short. Has Kristopher done the wrong thing? Yes

Has this been blown out of proportion

Yes

I'm sure EVERYONE has said at one time or another some choice words to their friends about their opinions may they be nasty or not. And I'm sure EVERYONE wouldn't want what they said being said directly to that person. Now I'm not saying Kris hasn't done anything wrong by any means but this just seems way too blown out for what it really is. Kris should say sorry, management should have a few stern words and that's it. I suspect this is more than what just Kris has said and feels like to me this is just a convenient way to get back at Kris for something he's done in the past. I only say this because I've seen MUCH worse and MUCH more targeted insults in comparison this is so petty.

TLDR

Kris: apologise to CS and keep your opinions to yourself

Anyone else: don't take this further than it needs to be

• Upvote 6

I have spoken to a of couple people about this earlier and they all seem to be of the impression that saying things in the heat of the moment should not be as highly regarded as something that wasn't. A lot of people who set out with the task of becoming a Moderator or Event Master in this community are often scrutinised for the possibility that they may not be able to keep their cool and remain impartial. If people who have simply just made an application are going to be denied the chance to become apart of these teams because of that factor. Shouldn't the people already apart of these teams be expected to maintain the same standard? While Kristofer may not be a Moderator and handle Staff sits often I would at least hope an opinion that is so blatantly offensive to a regiment on the Server could be kept to themselves even if it is only intended to be shared with a small number of others. People like Kristofer are given a chance to shine and become a role model for hundreds of other impressionable players in the community and this isn't a desirable impression.  

Now If I am thinking of the right situation I was present earlier today and understand what occurred between both Regiments and yes it is frustrating but it shouldn't lead to comments like that being made. The way people handle situations like that are what really imprint on all parties involved and I find they tend to be a real testament to the true nature of a person and their ability. In the end these actions are what people see above all else and to say the least it disappoints me that someone in a position that could be considered higher than myself would say such a thing. Heat of the moment or not. 

- Cure 

• Upvote 5

Alright, hello everyone. I believe I owe this thread a reply. 

Yes, everything that happened is true. I will not be denying anything. Neither will I go into convoluted details defending myself. 

I know that what I did paints an immensely bad picture for me as a Senior Event Master, as someone who is supposed to provide for all members of the community equally. I understand that the way I chose to express myself, express my opinions were less than preferable, considering my position and role within the Imperial Gaming Community. I should have kept my patience and composure during the situation, and my comments were very unprofessional, especially coming from a member of the Event Master team. 

As a member of the Event Team and High Command of the ISB, I should not have said the hurtful things I did. I should have handled it more maturely.

The constant conflict between the two regiments—ISB and Chimaera Squad—placed its toll on me and I grew tired of the conflict, and unfortunately, it made me lash out negatively. I can assure everyone that I did not mean to target anyone at all within Chimaera Squad, and I apologize for any offence that my comments have caused.

I concede what I did was wrong, and I apologize for my actions. I hope that this can be sorted out soon. 

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

I concede what I did was wrong, and I apologize for my actions. I hope that this can be sorted out soon. 

This is what I was hoping would eventually occur on this post. I am glad you have apologised and I expect Chimaera Squad to accept your apology and to also apologise themselves for some of the also not great things they have no doubt said in the past. If I'm being honest both sides need to calm down and seriously think about what they are doing because I don't see a point in it continuing any longer. The longer it continues the more people are just going to get angry and resentful of each other. That is not what this community is about.

Edited by Cure
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Cure said:

If I'm being honest both sides need to calm down and seriously think about what they are doing because I don't see a point in it continuing any longer. The longer it continues the more people are just going to get angry and resentful of each other. That is not what this community is about.

Hard agree, there's no point having the conflict that currently exists. I know that it may seem like some people target you on purpose just for the sake of it, but at the end of the day I haven't met someone who isn't nice and kind when they aren't playing their character. This issue only exists because the conflict has been expanded on by both parties. This shouldn't be happening in the first place, but alas, we are here. Both sides have said something worth bringing up, but it's not the place. However, it should be worked out and both CS and ISB as a whole should move on through the, to be quite frank, playground rivalry. Not only is it childish but it's infuriating, especially when you know both sides would actually be very good friends if it weren't like this. 

• Upvote 3

Live, love and forget. He doesn't know you and you don't know him. Therefore this is not a personal attack towards you, which some previous comments implied, creating more emotional confusion. Kristopher has worked hard as an event master, so the fact he is a staff member should not be used so lightly. There is no way that his sacrifices as an event master of his time and energy can be overlooked for saying what he said. He himself took the initiative to create a dialogue between you and him, recognising the fault of his actions, which can be seen in the comments. I myself have said offensive things, which I don't always apologise for, but those around me do not judge me as unworthy of my rank or position. If your heart is free of vileness and offensive language then surely you should have the right to make this effort against Kristofer. There are principles we must abide by to make our wisest decisions. Uprooting our tree's structure over a simple quarrel is unacceptable and damages the server. I just got off a server which is shutting down in a week. Everything is vulnerable to the desert we came from and this does not stabilise us enough to strengthen the community. I suggest from the bottom of my heart that Chimaera Squad and ISB make a true and unrelenting effort to create a greater sense of community, and heal their professional and emotional relationships. I love you guys, I love my guys, that's not going to change. Together we are strong.

Signed: Master Sergeant DT07-2000 "Kobe"

• Upvote 2

I, frankly, did not want to comment on this post as it may seem I am 'Favoring One Side'. I can assure both ISB and Chimaera/Navy that as a Staff member, we do not pick or choose to favor one side. We look at both sides and assess the situation so we may come to a conclusion where both sides benefit.

Now that that's out of the way, I would like to express my view on the situation. I will keep it short and simple. What Kris did was evidently wrong and was struck out over a recent incident, possibly. The feud between ISB and Chimaera has clearly been a long running event where both sides have struck at each others nerves constantly. Based on Kristofer's response, seen above, it is evident that it was a 'Heat of the Moment' situation, entirely based around the history between the 2. Now, do I believe what Kris did was wrong? Absolutely. It does make him seem unprofessional and clear disrespect. However, I do not believe Kris should entirely be held responsible for the situation, as we've all had our ups and downs with each other. 

Now, as Bailey had stated: 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Management needs to sit both sides of the argument down and have a long talk about what is going on with both regiments because its getting ridiculous at this point.

Yes, I 100% agree with this. The feud between these two regiments is far beyond what it should be. Neither regiment should, realistically, be throwing jabs/punches at each other for petty things. It is extremely child like and, to an extent, disappointing.

At the end of the day, do I believe people are in the wrong? 100%. Do I believe Kris should be held responsible for the situation? Absolutely not. Everyone, frankly from both sides, should be held accountable for the constant fighting between the two. Both sides have evenly said terrible things behind each others backs, much worse than "Retarded". I believe both sides should aim to quickly resolve things before they get too far out of hand.

Edited by Luigi
  • Upvote 1

I searched "ISB" in the navy discord.

giphy.gif.5424dbf2490a17207b194cc85d751428.gif

I am not going to get involved.

Disclaimer: I have not been sharing anything i have found and as unbelievable as that sounds, i am going to remain impartial and i do not want to be an instrument to either side of this debate.

Edited by Mord
  • Upvote 6

Okay.. First off, can everyone please keep any comments on this thread on topic? That'd be nice for management and anyone else trying to understand what is actually happening.

Now, as for the report, everyone has pretty much said it but I will also say it, Kristopher diffidently shouldn't have said that, whether directly to CS or behind their backs. I will also say however, CS have also said things about ISB behind their backs, which does contradict this report, however, like I said, nobody on either side should be saying stuff like this, staff or not. On top of this, I have personally told members from BOTH parties, to cut out the arguments and just general hate for each other. There have been arguments in OOC, staff sits, RP and everything in between. It's simply not needed. Both parties need to either sit down with management or their highest ranking members (Grand Admiral & Director and/or Chairman) and have this resolved one way or another. This bickering and general hate towards each other seriously doesn't make any sense. You're completely different regiments with completely different roles which should not conflict at all. Like I said, both parties have done wrong but this report here is honestly just adding fuel to the fire and you all know it. 

I know this isn't really helping the report itself but so that people have some context i've written this. ISB and CS just simply need to stop the constant arguments and just keep everything in RP. I don't see why that's so hard, for either parties.

Edit: What Mord said comes back to what I said about CS having said things about ISB. The only difference is, someone was sent a screenshot of this from the ISB discord. If someone from Navy/CS had sent a screenshot of what CS were saying, i'm sure this report would either be scrapped or at least looked at very differently.

13 hours ago, Ragetank said:

I'm going to keep this short. Has Kristopher done the wrong thing? Yes

Has this been blown out of proportion

Yes

I'm sure EVERYONE has said at one time or another some choice words to their friends about their opinions may they be nasty or not. And I'm sure EVERYONE wouldn't want what they said being said directly to that person. Now I'm not saying Kris hasn't done anything wrong by any means but this just seems way too blown out for what it really is. Kris should say sorry, management should have a few stern words and that's it. I suspect this is more than what just Kris has said and feels like to me this is just a convenient way to get back at Kris for something he's done in the past. I only say this because I've seen MUCH worse and MUCH more targeted insults in comparison this is so petty.

TLDR

Kris: apologise to CS and keep your opinions to yourself

Anyone else: don't take this further than it needs to be

Agreed tank lovely summary 

• Upvote 1

Wow, how has this situation blown out of control so much.

I believe kristofer's punishment for this level of disrespect should be a heart felt apology to the entirety of chimaera squad.

• Like 2

After reading everybody's comments and taking a quick look through some discords and logs, Kristofer is not the only one at fault here,

I have scheduled a meeting with management and we will discuss the matter further and what action will be taken. We will also be sitting down with all of Navy & ISB associated regiments to sort out this feud between the two branches that appears to have sparked this issue.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 11

17 minutes ago, Jman1308 said:

After reading everybody's comments and taking a quick look through some discords and logs, Kristofer is not the only one at fault here,

I have scheduled a meeting with management and we will discuss the matter further and what action will be taken. We will also be sitting down with all of Navy & ISB associated regiments to sort out this feud between the two branches that appears to have sparked this issue.

based jman

• Upvote 1

Damn, people seem to forget about the times they absolutely sh*t on the ISB for doing their job and roleplaying correctly but when they are the ones getting semi-openly mocked it's an all hands on deck emergency. 

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4