What made you Join?

I was in a clone wars server run by Collosal gaming (first time in SWRP). Eventually the server started dying so I looked into others and Imperial Gaming was first on the list. Im kinda glad that IG was more specific with the training because I learnt nothing from Collosal gaming. From there I was an ST for a while, not really mingey but on the occasion (and was accidentally) lean on my mouse too much and someone would be dead. It was funny one time because I was lined up with a squad of st's and i accidentally clicked and killed the private next to me, and I think the admin just had it that night because I got kicked from game. But anyway wound up in 212th recruitment and had fun ever since, (until I left)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

well can't say i joined cuz i was interested mostly the group i was in Unturned/Rainbow Six Siege  was falling apart. Since for some reason we thought hey lets let a toxic person be the the leader of the group. Can't say it went well for me since i was pretty sh*t at both of the game so you know of course i got harassed since i was bad made fun of my voice still pissed about that. So one day i decided to try do RP it started on Unturned first. Saw Garry's mod on my brother steam library since we had the two accounts connected to each other so i tried. It out i played prison RP at first. Pretty sure the first sever i join was like Collosal or something like that i got mass promoted first time i joined. Then i stopped playing for a whole. I went on IG when it was still on Rishi moon of course i was a mingy since i had no idea of what to do got stuck in about 4 sts when i got trained killed them all got warned ik im a idiot after two days i left. I don't know about two moths later i decided to join back still in the group and join when it was on the star destroyer or something. The group fell apart around that time since our leader Mikey/Yuko decided to try and pick on someone else didn't go so well though since he was better then him basically fell about at that time. The group memeber went on their on paths some stayed together some didn't. No one stayed with Mikey after that and that's pretty much how i joined IG.

• Upvote 1

So... I was a Pussydon CWRP player back in 2015/16 and when that died... I stumbled across gamemodes like Jailbreak and sh*t... One of my old mates, a fellow admin of mine from a TTT server in 2014 told me of IG. He was one of the first EMs here under Luka and... well he was a straight up minge. Worse than me. He headed up Shadow Troopers and I tried out for them and I passed... except my mate (Fat Chicken) denied me only because it was me. So after that, I joined Pilots under @Gaben (known as Spark at the time) and kicked off the fun times. (BTW I joined IG in December 2016). I got all the way to Pilot Commander (for the first time) in January 2017 before I left for 2 weeks for a holiday. I get back and find I am an ST Private because a new gamemode was introduced into the server. (I believe this one was made by Badger [CG Badger] but unsure. I talked to Kobi (a mate and Emperor Palpatine) and got made an Officer Cadet in ST. I did some weird RP with this guy called Ozzie who had the backing of Imperial Executor Gamma (oh boy) in ST before I applied for Staff. This was in the full swing of IG Halo-RP under Trident in which I joined and was 2IC of the MPs (with Trident as the Commander). So I applied for staff with Cody as Temp Manager and he for some stupid reason accepted me into the staff team (Pretty sure he regretted that for his entire time on IG) in which I stayed as staff for a little under 2 years before I resigned and left just at the end of last year. Made a lot of mates on IG that are sadly no longer with IG. People like: Imposing, ANiX, Dragz, Mega, Tyber, Atlas (not current Atlas but the Atlas in @SCHEFF's screenshot (who moved to Russia 2 years ago) and NT Brigadier Bry (who comes back every now and then as Stones [or something]). Also, if anyone can remember OG Ares, props to you. (OG Ares is the Ares of ST that yelled at everyone). Also, the rest IS history.

Kobi (Or the first emperor of IG [below])

Edited by Mauler
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

These posts are legit one of the reasons why I love this community, everyone has their own story.

After starting out my Gmod journey on the Poseidon Prop Hunt server, my mate Vraxi recommended that I joined Poseidon's CWRP server, which at the time was extremely popular within the SWRP category. So after being on there for maybe a month, and making it to CPL in 5th Brigade (I think it was) which were the other shock of the server, for a number of reasons it just died all of a sudden, @Maulercorrect me if I'm wrong, but I think it got hacked and then nobody wanted to play it anymore.

So after the server died, I eventually made my way to IG after co-owning a number of hopeful servers, and I pretty much fell in love from there. I believe @Badgerwas my trainer, back when he was in Commandos and the bunks where at the bottom of the stairs leading from the big elevator. Then we switched to Rishi were I joined Scouts, but then I left for a few months and then joined back in April 2017, when Cody was only Rear Admiral I think and Qteks was Line Captain.

Like one of @SCHEFF's recent posts, this was before the big EG/IG split, and everything was exciting, the community was blowing up, drama's popping up everywhere, it was, for me and others, the golden era of IG, and looking back on it now, I get great feelings of nostalgia and love for that time and those people who made the server IG, people like Maxine, Qteks, Emerald, Gamma, Chef and heaps others

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What made me join?? I don't understand the question.

Real talk though, most people know of this story I think but here it goes again, 

I use to play SWRP before IG and jumped around a few servers being in different positions, both in terms of staff and Characters.

I always wanted to make my own though and get it done right (or as right as possible), Clone Wars began to become saturated at the time though and I knew that there needed to be something new, hence the Server being in the Imperial Era.

I was on the fence about it for quite some time and then I found a beautiful Darth Vader model on the workshop which blew me away, and then I found out the cape also had phsyics.

From there I basically said I want to use this on a server and be Darth Vader. 

Fast forward a little while and the server is born into the world and I have my sexy Darth Vader model that I get to play as.

The beginning was tough and required a lot of work but to my surprise, people kept joining.

We would continiously increase the player slots and every time we did more and more people would join.

I never in a million years would have thought that IG would have become one of Australia's most popular Gmod Servers and that is thanks to everyone that kept coming back to this wacky community and it is thanks to you all that the server has this crazy legacy.

It's awesome to see everyone's stories on how they made their way here, whether it be through good or bad initial intentions.

I have a heap of great memories from back in the days when I was more active and its good to see others do too.

Thanks for hangin' around. <3

• Like 3
  • Upvote 9

What made me join? Well, just before I started Imperial in mid to late 2018, I was on another community with a few friends of mine, Zote and Rivers. Towards the end of that old community, Rivers realised like the rest of us it was a dying community and it’s Death was inevitable due to it’s owner and some of it’s management team. That’s why he decided to join another community which for one reason or another he decided to choose IG. Rivers was here for about a month before Zote joined him, but I had left gmod completely for a few months. When I finally got back, rather than choosing where I should go like I always do I thought “Hey, maybe I should ask rivers, see how Imperial’s going for him.” Everything I was told was nothing but good, so I decided to check it out for myself and after about a day or two of playing I finally decided this was the community for me. It had everything I was looking for, a fresh start, a unique and different era to what I normally do, a loyal and friendly community and staff team as well as some friends I can speak to if I ever needed help and the rest is history.

Edited by Matrix
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Kosmos said:

It's awesome to see everyone's stories on how they made their way here, whether it be through good or bad initial intentions.

I have a heap of great memories from back in the days when I was more active and its good to see others do too.

Thanks for hangin' around. <3

We love you Kosmos. Thank you for all giving us this opportunity to come together and make unforgettable memories. :x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was a big Gateway man before one of my friends (who was RG CMDR at the time) said that I should leave and come here, I was all for it and joined, I got insta promoted to ST and went on to join 212th with @Wombatiacus who eventually became Commander, from there on I made some great friends and greater memories, after a good year I decided to take a break and do some other stuff. I later came back early this year on the CW server and joined 21st with @SiegeMonkey as Commander and had a great time with him and the 21st boys, then after CW was shut down (RIP Clone Wars) I joined back to the Imperial server and resumed my adventure. 

Past names: Spicer (name PK'D), Legion (name PK'D), Krieg (Current name) 

Past Regiments: 212th (Late 2017), Storm Marines (Late 2017/early 2018), 21st (early 2019), 442/975th (Mid 2019), SCAR (Mid 2019), 224th (Current) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Decided to join to see what all the fuss was about whilst managing a server. Had the sole intention of coming on and minging until I was banned but joined the 501st under Arcturusious and had Cyprus as my ACO and fell in love with the server.

• Upvote 1
On 9/4/2019 at 2:59 AM, Kosmos said:

I have a heap of great memories from back in the days when I was more active

I have many bad (secretly good) memories of being abused by Lord Kosmos

• Haha 1