Crunchy

What made you Join?

What made you guys join Imperial Gaming in the first place?

Well as a matter of fact, I was playing on a DarkRP server messing around as a medic and in the middle of a purge the server crashed, me and some other friends I made online were on discord and we all decided to play a game on a SWRP server "Who can get banned the fastest." Obviously I didn't get banned or tried to get banned, all of my online friends had to leave after 30 minutes on joining the server (first time joining and downloading content always takes a billion years), when I joined all I saw were errors galore and I tried to escape and kill everyone but my gun did no damage and if I tried to escape it would teleport me back in so I decided to follow through with the training. My little mind back then didn't really remember the rules very well etc, but I somehow joined 212th with @Wombatiacus being my commander and he eventually kicked me couse I was minging.

I really wish I took my screenshots back when I first joined but here is one if the first ever screenshots I took on IG.

Previous names (ranking from first to present):

Callum (Got pked)

Iguana (Originated from Incenerator troopers with @Kamelieon)

CrunchyNapkin (Had to shorten it because a mod said so ;-;)

Crunchy (My present name that will be here to stay)

Hopefully all the people that I trained listened to my advice to take as many screenshots in the community as you can.

rp_stardestroyer_ig_v10000.thumb.jpg.9d072910e9ba955308b0b9ec473ac737.jpg

Edited by Crunchy
  • Upvote 1

Me and a friend were minging on servers, fastest one to get banned etc, we came to IG, and I had a change of heart. I still minged, not gonna lie, surprised I am not banned as of now, said some mean words, but kind of enjoyed the server. Applied for staff maybe a month later and really got into it. 

• Haha 1

Had two friends, one was an Admin on a DarkRP server, he tried to get us into it but never could, decided to mess around on other RP servers. Found Star Wars RP, found Imperial Gaming as top server. Joined, they haven't joined back since getting trained by @NatiionZ, huge shout out. 3 mingey boys in recruit room and trained us still, appreciate the effort. I just got hooked, played 5 hours on my first day, haven't really had an LOA longer than three days up until last week. Joined Nova Troopers first up, guarded Reg Gov, then went into Navy, under Keta, then Storm Commandos under Arcturusious, then moved on to 224th with Rickle as CO, then ISB.. All under the name Dirthi, upon getting Colonel of ISB then leaving, fully pked myself to recruit and renamed myself to Choob, now in Navy again. I've had a journey that's for sure

• Upvote 2

When I was on a vacation at NZ I saw Rogue One and when I came back to Australia, I started getting some vids of StarWarsRP from Frisky. Once I got on the computer I went to go check out SWRP, I saw Imperial Gaming at the top of the list.

I was playing Counter-Strike and one of my IRL friends joined my Discord Channel and told me to hurry up and get onto Gmod and play StarWarsRP with him. This was back in 2017 and I managed to get into Vader's Fist with MnM as the commander. I played for a day and then left. Then on my Birthday last year in November I decided to play with him again for the first time in a year or so. We both joined Widow Squad together. I was Cure and he was Je. He left after about a week but I've kept playing ever since. 

I remember playing on a Star Wars RP server way back when I first got Gmod in about 2015(?) and I got the position of Inquisitor but stopped playing Gmod when my irl mates stopped playing DarkRP.

Hopped onto Gmod in January of 2017 wondering if that old community was still there (don't remember a thing about it now) and funnily enough I thought Imperial Gaming was the name of that community. Oh boy was I wrong. And the rest is history.

rp_stardestroyer_v10000.thumb.jpg.c2dcb4bef236a02425d55b32847068b5.jpg

First screenshot I took on Imperial Gaming on January 7th, 2017. I've probably shared this picture a few too many times...

47 minutes ago, Crunchy said:

kicked me couse I was minging.

I thought it was inactivity :( 

I joined after TGC (The Gaming Council) diedish… That was also after playing 3-4 years of clone wars already. I wanted to change things up so I saw this Imperial 40-60 slot server so I was like "Hey that's pretty good". And now here :) 

I Joined it becuase i liked the concept of Starwars was fun

I Played on TGC Cw server 

and i liked it

So after military Rp I joined here

looked cool 

Plus the 100 Players was attractive 

I done have a screen shot but it was cool 

• Upvote 1

Tbh I saw a video on youtube of some minge trolling people on a SWRP server and being like "What kind of person would actually take this seriously and do this" and I was like "yaknow what, this kinda sounds like my jam" so I bought garrys mod for like four bucks or whatever and have been here ever since

Edited by Tonberry
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

Tbh I saw a video on youtube of some minge trolling people on a SWRP server and being like "What kind of person would actually take this seriously and do this" and I was like "yaknow what, this kinda sounds like my jam" so I bought garrys mod for like four bucks or whatever and have been here ever since

Basically me as well

• Haha 2

I actually came here late one night after watching swrp trolling vids. There were some REALLY cringey people in the vid i watched and so i joined to see if that's what it was really like. I actually liked it once i started.

I got the idea to play SWRP from seeing some cool youtube videos, originally I tried to join a couple other servers but they all sucked, so I kept hopping around between servers and eventually ended up on IG which stood out and it felt way different to all the other SWRP servers that just used the basic gamemode since IG was all custom and polished. Everyone was cool, got trained by my boi @Mono and the rest is history <3

Rogue One just came out, server was big, played, quit after a week, came back in march after my joy of the old server started stagnating

• Upvote 1

I first joined IG all the way back like 3 years ago when my IRL bud was like YO I FOUND THIS COOL THING CALLED STAR WARS RP WANNA GIVE IT A TRY and i was like sure i guess. We walked around for a bit after being trained by some random guy that i dont remember and we tried to join 442nd but since we had no idea what we were doing all we did was just walk up to some random 442nd guy who was guarding something and said "hey can we join" which obviously ended in us getting told to GTFO. The next day my friend decided to stop playing and i decided to join DT which was a sinch for me (somehow) and i was active for a day and proceeded to go inactive for like 2-3 years and then decided to give it another shot after watching call me kevin and frisky's videos on star wars rp. I wondered around and walked into a shock tryout hosted by @Camaro and somehow i got in and now look at me, a good o'l major thats 2ic. (i had to get trained again cause my rank got reset to recruit and i was trained by timtam)

3 hours ago, Marsh said:

Me and a friend were minging on servers, fastest one to get banned etc, we came to IG, and I had a change of heart. I still minged, not gonna lie, surprised I am not banned as of now, said some mean words, but kind of enjoyed the server. Applied for staff maybe a month later and really got into it. 

Lets be real I think a majority of people who play SWRP was to originally minge but then they started to like it....

3 hours ago, Dirthi said:

Had two friends, one was an Admin on a DarkRP server, he tried to get us into it but never could, decided to mess around on other RP servers. Found Star Wars RP, found Imperial Gaming as top server. Joined, they haven't joined back since getting trained by @NatiionZ, huge shout out. 3 mingey boys in recruit room and trained us still, appreciate the effort. I just got hooked, played 5 hours on my first day, haven't really had an LOA longer than three days up until last week. Joined Nova Troopers first up, guarded Reg Gov, then went into Navy, under Keta, then Storm Commandos under Arcturusious, then moved on to 224th with Rickle as CO, then ISB.. All under the name Dirthi, upon getting Colonel of ISB then leaving, fully pked myself to recruit and renamed myself to Choob, now in Navy again. I've had a journey that's for sure

Dirthi: Night guys ill talk to you later Dirthi's friends: Night *last online 3 years ago*

3 hours ago, Dexoys said:

When I was on a vacation at NZ I saw Rogue One and when I came back to Australia, I started getting some vids of StarWarsRP from Frisky. Once I got on the computer I went to go check out SWRP, I saw Imperial Gaming at the top of the list.

I haven't heard the name frisky in a while but I do remember watching Kuledud3

3 hours ago, Cure said:

I was playing Counter-Strike and one of my IRL friends joined my Discord Channel and told me to hurry up and get onto Gmod and play StarWarsRP with him. This was back in 2017 and I managed to get into Vader's Fist with MnM as the commander. I played for a day and then left. Then on my Birthday last year in November I decided to play with him again for the first time in a year or so. We both joined Widow Squad together. I was Cure and he was Je. He left after about a week but I've kept playing ever since.

MnM, I haven't heard that name in forever, he was a really good commander of VF

3 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

I remember playing on a Star Wars RP server way back when I first got Gmod in about 2015(?) and I got the position of Inquisitor but stopped playing Gmod when my irl mates stopped playing DarkRP.

Hopped onto Gmod in January of 2017 wondering if that old community was still there (don't remember a thing about it now) and funnily enough I thought Imperial Gaming was the name of that community. Oh boy was I wrong. And the rest is history.

rp_stardestroyer_v10000.thumb.jpg.c2dcb4bef236a02425d55b32847068b5.jpg

First screenshot I took on Imperial Gaming on January 7th, 2017. I've probably shared this picture a few too many times...

I joined in 2017 but I never remembered that salary thing being there ew a salary.

3 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

I thought it was inactivity :( 

I joined after TGC (The Gaming Council) diedish… That was also after playing 3-4 years of clone wars already. I wanted to change things up so I saw this Imperial 40-60 slot server so I was like "Hey that's pretty good". And now here :) 

Bruh it was from my minging and I got kicked during an Event XD

2 hours ago, Tonberry said:

"What kind of person would actually take this seriously and do this" Tonberry: *joins server* This does put a smile on my face

2 hours ago, GeorgeBloon said:

Felt like playing Star Wars RP, Imperial was my first experience with it and now it consumes most of my life <3

Its consumed 3 years of my life, imagine IG, SWRP, VR

2 hours ago, Sterling said:

Came here after leaving another community.

Imagine if you didn't leave a whole set of different events could have happened...

1 hour ago, Jeb said:

I got the idea to play SWRP from seeing some cool youtube videos, originally I tried to join a couple other servers but they all sucked, so I kept hopping around between servers and eventually ended up on IG which stood out and it felt way different to all the other SWRP servers that just used the basic gamemode since IG was all custom and polished. Everyone was cool, got trained by my boi @Mono and the rest is history <3

IG not only feels different but its members, map, models and everything is different IG is a one of a kind server.

26 minutes ago, Solar said:

I first joined IG all the way back like 3 years ago when my IRL bud was like YO I FOUND THIS COOL THING CALLED STAR WARS RP WANNA GIVE IT A TRY and i was like sure i guess. We walked around for a bit after being trained by some random guy that i dont remember and we tried to join 442nd but since we had no idea what we were doing all we did was just walk up to some random 442nd guy who was guarding something and said "hey can we join" which obviously ended in us getting told to GTFO. The next day my friend decided to stop playing and i decided to join DT which was a sinch for me (somehow) and i was active for a day and proceeded to go inactive for like 2-3 years and then decided to give it another shot after watching call me kevin and frisky's videos on star wars rp. I wondered around and walked into a shock tryout hosted by @Camaro and somehow i got in and now look at me, a good o'l major thats 2ic. (i had to get trained again cause my rank got reset to recruit and i was trained by timtam)

442ND was the first regiment I ever felt at home in Commander Volt of 442nd, made that regiment feel unique to me he made everyone feel special in their own way, volt believed in me and trusted me with a majority of things I did but sadly he had to leave for uni work etc... ever since volt left 442nd died, and I gained no happiness out of it, every other regiment I ever joined after never gave me the same emotion as volt gave me and hopefully I join a regiment one day that will bring that back.

• Sad 1

I was a huge Collosal Gaming nerd, played Military RP a lot. That was back in 2016, damn. During July I decided to try out some Star Wars servers. I was absolutely stunted by the amount of coordination they had back in the day (a lot of that is gone now..) and so I made my farewells on Collosal, and decided to jump headfirst into Imperial Gaming. Haven't looked back since.

• Upvote 1

Well in 2017 it was my first year of high school when I played on a real crappy lap top and only played Minecraft. My friends started talking about Star Wars which I always had an interest in even though I’d never watched an original Star Wars back then. Anyway, they started talking about this Star Wars game they played and Sentry said that I would probably like it, so he showed me a few trailers made by media team and it was just so confusing to understand for me how a Star Wars game was inside some Garry’s Mod game.

So a few weeks after, I finally got it as it was cheap and I though ehhhh why not. I joined the server with nothing but an expectation to see storm troopers running round. Someone tried to start but Sentry just grabbed me of them because he was the one that invited me and could answer all my questions. I just remember everything looking so weird for me back then like a whole different universe. Anyway it was kinda easy getting used to everything because I knew some people at my school to help me and their online friends oh and Jelly was there to help me a lot as well.

• Upvote 1

What made me join SWRP at first? It was the following video.

Video

What made me join IG? Well, I'd been speaking to @Cody about the Server and we decided to try each others' servers (I was on Gateway at the time) and after literally 4 hours playing iG I decided to resign from my Admin and Admiral position on GG and move to iG as a Private and a User. That was all it took, he just showed me how much more polished and professional the Server was. No offence to the GG guys of course, bunch of them are good blokes, I just enjoyed IG more.

• Upvote 2