Reminiscence. Your story.

Considering a lot of nostalgia posts are being made currently; I figured why not. Let's open the flood-gates, shall we?

What is your favorite memory from this server? What is something so pure in reminiscence that it takes you back to those times, re-experiencing those stories, and appreciating those people.

For me, it was just as I left @wflizzi's Inferno Squad back in the day. I felt like a chick leaving its nest. Finally free to explore the world of SWRP as how I saw fit, and ready to take on any challenge that would present itself. I'm the type of person to always take up a challenge, so it was natural of me to reach for the highest-hanging fruit at the time, regiment-wise. In many ways it was sad, looking back. I was so innocent, going up to Mars (commander of RG) and asking to see Apollo (the best SG commander I have ever seen). He obliged, and gave me an audience so I could share my wishes. We set a date and time, and off I went to train, and by god did I train.

Almost 5 hours a day, non-stop dueling. I learnt to turtle, rush, counter, manipulate, predict, strike, slash, and dominate my dueling opponents. I have to thank @Happy for being my dueling partner, you have no idea how much you helped, even if you probably can't remember it. This went on for about 4 days, then tryouts came. I failed miserably, but was taught a few lessons. And whilst I was feeling very down at how I'd failed, I picked myself back up and trained even harder; doubling down on both times and hours (I had way too much spare time). I ran Mods to the edge of sanity in my constant asking for a saber. But over time, I got the hang of it. I tried again, and got up to the dueling section, but fell short due to pressure and me not being able to cope. It was very much a low point for 13 year old me. However, old habits die hard, and I picked myself back up again, and trained just as hard. I realized it was not the intensity of training, but the amount. I started branching out, asking different regiments of Sith to duel me, so I could see how I measure up. When I got to the point where I could consequentially beat a member of each Sith regiment 3 times in a row, I was happy. I did so after about 2 weeks of training, and showed up for my 3rd Shadow Guard tryouts. I smashed it, and got into the regiment. Apollo is, and always be, one of the greatest commanders I've ever had, he probably won't remember me. But, attempting to describe the euphoria I experienced once Apollo had changed me to an initiate is disrespectful to the moment.

Time passed, and I had a blast. It catapulted me into the realms of Sith, ISB (for spying because that was something I was actually okay at, lol), and the server as a whole. It is a moment I will never forget, and one that I will always admire as one of the most pleasant I've had whilst playing a game.

What about you?

Edited by Demonic
  • Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, Demonic said:

What is your favorite memory from this server?

My first time on IG was in late 2018.

I didn't know anyone and the first regiment I joined was 224th. We had Whitey/Rigby as our CO and Rickle as the 2IC.

Favourite memory was probably the insane amount of time I spent with Neil and Ana (my 224th comrades) guarding the trash compactor and trapping people inside.

Besides that, when I returned to IG in February of 2019 my second day on the server was me being beaten to death by DT because Gusky had been hiding on the bridge and said that I was making too much noise for the spirits they were hiding from.

Both are now fond memories.

This is big brain story time 

I joined remnant Company way back in 2017 then it quickly got removed. Due to me just bring a Corporal I was never offered Co position. I was a little bit upset because the boys in remnant were amazing. I was soon asked by Wiles if I wanted to join shore and I did. I felt really happy that someone was asking for me to join them. I had an incredible time in shore. I learnt alot of New things and I made alot of amazing friends through my Sandy boi chinatiganes. I had sad times as well. When the split happened. I left shore since most of my reg did. 

I soon returned to ig. And joined vector Company. My cos we're really inactive. I also was involved in an incident that almost got an em demoted. I liked flames and fire. Soon I joined engineers under Ramirez and @Gregis. Believe it or not but radcop was once below me, but got Co when Greg is left because he was obviously the better choice. For about 3 months @Rad_Cop and I were neck and neck for ranks. Together we recruited smoke, Chris, aera and frost (the good one) it was amazing. Firing the battlestation and cleaning the ISD. 

I soon left eng for medics and had fun serving under mono and Bob, sadly I missed out on when Loki was Co because I went to cw.

I joined 7th on cw to become the medic co. However I me wasn't given that role since basil had to leave us due to IRL. We had Lincoln come in and command us but then he left as well. Then @Mongo became the big boi co. Then I got bored of mongo bullying my microphone and I found it boring and not a challenge. 

So I became fixer of Delta squad and had the best time of my life, @LimeStrider taught me PAC @Fox was an amazing Co and @Nada was an amazing person who provided amazing commentary and great voice changers. I soon rose to becoming boss, the Delta leader. 

Then cw shut down, I was devastated, the reality of never being able to shoot things with my deltas ever again hurt me.

I am currently a senior engineer in the engineers. I have worked with multiple regiments to make there stuff 

And well life is sweet 

Also I became a mod in between all that haha 

25 minutes ago, Delta said:

is left because he was obviously the better choice

Funny story, I actually recommended RadCop not be CO. Obviously I am retarded.

There is a Parallel universe out there where you are Operations Manager Delta

• Angry 1

I mean just being on the server back when everything wasn’t so strict was some good times. I mean, one of my top moments was back in 2017 when I was the biggest minge and I shot up debrief.

Ehh, oh thinking back I’ll class this as my favourite memory. In 2017 I was in year 7 with a very high pitched voice that everyone would ask which gender I was and even management had to come and ask me once because they were confused. So going back, there was this big Storm Trooper group that thought I was a girl and there were these two guys who literally worshiped me and would ask if I was ok and if I needed anything like I was some Queen. So after parading around the ISD (I was just walking round and the group would follow) we ended up in the engine room where the two main guys started to fight over me and mass rdm’d people so they could have me to theirselves. 

Anywho, management came and told them they were getting banned (they committed other crimes before right) and one of them was like

”I will come back for you, remember me.”

Pretty good times, I had an army for a while.

Oh, honourable mentions would be Trunks execution at debrief and the riot that went on because Trunks did not make it into a regiment. Tinky singing on stage was pretty good too. 

Edited by Kamelieon
  • Haha 1

Lets see here.

I first joined in  2017 and was in RST under @wflizzi as a Corporal named blink. when RST Disbanded  I left until late 2018 when I returned  as a 2-1B medical droid back when Mono was LTCOL  and Loki was OC

I attached to 212th which apparently I learned now was never supposed to  be allowed but for some reason management allowed it back then so I was 212th's medical droid for Joel,Goat and Kris

I left being a 2-1b and transferred to a KX droid assigned to Kris for a while, Gusky hated me so I decided to swap out of being a droid  and joined Riot up until staff sergeant and then departed for  clone wars.

Joined 7th on Clonewars,  bought waxer up until second lieutenant  and then applied for Cody got CO of 7th and worked up  to Marshal Commander (Brigadier equiv) and then it shut down

I was put  into  Range Troopers with Siege then that disbanded (no surprise there) I joined 996th until Lieutenant  and then departed for DT until WOI  due to  the entire  regiment being uh [REDACTED] cough tank.

I joined ST Command until WOII  And then departed for Pilots, nothing really interesting  happened for me in  pilots. then I've been an engineer ever since.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Mongo said:

Joined 7th on Clonewars,  bought waxer up until second lieutenant  and then applied for Cody got CO of 7th and worked up  to Marshal Commander (Brigadier equiv) and then it shut down

No mention of your favorite gulag trooper smh 

I enjoy every day on the Server, whether or not I personally feel the same passion for RP that I once did, I want to make sure others are able to feel that and enjoy their time on the Server so in a years time when people have been playing for a year they can make these reminscing posts and think back on the good times that they're having right now.

• Like 1

Been in a total of 4 regiments on Imperial, First ST, then JT, then ST, then 212th and now ISB. Left for CW after finding it more enjoyable than Imperial, worked my way up to Jedi Council with some of the boys. Served with the 104th, 501st and 212th over there, Trained and dueled some people with WILTOS, Taught some younglings how to slaughte... wait, wrong timeline. Eventually came back after the server shut down, stayed in ST until we found another home, one in 212th. Served there for ~2 - 3 weeks then got scooped up by ISB. 

Aaand I think that just about does it. I hope.

My absolute favorite time on IG, has to remain as being Iden Veriso. That was the time when, I was going through a transition, and it really helped, being able to lead as a Lore character that is also female. Regardless, as Pablo as my co, I can honestly say that nothing since has been as fun as playing as Iden. I would give anything for it again.

@Twinkie, Rhom, Ralla. My crew.

2 hours ago, Marsh said:

@Twinkie, Rhom, Ralla. My crew.

wasn't i in your crew?

Also wasn't I an honorary Inferno back on  Rishi when I was IC?

I have several fond memories... including Kobi's rampages back in early 2017/last 2016. 

I remember join the server to minge originally and mess around but I got stuck into the rp and I really enjoyed it, but for a few months when I was around 12 turning 13 years olds I had such a high pitched voice I even tricked the squeaker himself @Kamelieon into thinking I was a girl, I was known for being a squeaker good times they were and I didn't get in trouble for anything I did, cough Killed Krennic a few times and a few debriefs were ruined

Hopefully I wont get in trouble for that now ;) 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Bailey said:

I enjoy every day on the Server, whether or not I personally feel the same passion for RP that I once did, I want to make sure others are able to feel that and enjoy their time on the Server so in a years time when people have been playing for a year they can make these reminscing posts and think back on the good times that they're having right now.

That's basically me all the time now when I came back from my break in mid 2018 I got my 212th memories :) 

11 minutes ago, Mauler said:

wasn't i in your crew?

Also wasn't I an honorary Inferno back on  Rishi when I was IC?

I have several fond memories... including Kobi's rampages back in early 2017/last 2016. 

Not the OG gang, although I think you were at one point

When I was a 212th Sergeant, I managed to solo first place the the regiment when I was the only one on. To this day I'm still unsure how I did it, I recalled it being a Welshy event. After the event, I was called to IHC by Major General Hammer and was given a promotion by him to Staff Sergeant. That promotion gave me the confidence boost to apply for ISB, and here we are.

My time on IG goes like this:

1st Regiment - Royal Storm Troopers - Bridgadier
2nd Regiment - Royal Guard - Commander
3rd - Royal Representative Gallius Rax
4th and Final Role - Darth Vader 

Originally joined the server by accident, ended up staying for over a year and did thoroughly enjoy it. Some people may not know who I am but im certain their are still those who have fun memories with me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

My time on IG goes like this:

1st Regiment - Royal Storm Troopers - Bridgadier
2nd Regiment - Royal Guard - Commander
3rd - Royal Representative Gallius Rax
4th and Final Role - Darth Vader 

Originally joined the server by accident, ended up staying for over a year and did thoroughly enjoy it. Some people may not know who I am but im certain their are still those who have fun memories with me.

go away kendrick

(i remember the great times of both of us waiting for our PAC apps

21 minutes ago, Cure said:

Favourite moment was definitely when I ended an event before they got on board and everyone didn't like it but @SCHEFF congratulated me on my efforts. 

It is an honour and a pleasure.

In that same vein, in 2017 I remember congratulating @Rooster for an amazing event and walked up to the stage to order everyone to salute him for his creativity and the effort he put into his event. He actually had to pause during this speech to regain his composure as I had made him cry.

I wouldn't say that's my favourite memory, but it's definitely a very distinct one, and Cure definitely helped me remember it. I've had so many amazing experiences on this server I couldn't list any of them individually right now. It would be unfair to pick one as a favourite out of many equally fantastic times I've had here.

I honestly cant remember what my first regiment was, I think I joined DT with Ridge, when Gusky was Krennic, then I left for RST commander, and had @Mongo be my bitch for 1 day, then I went on a massive journey around the place, can't remember it all rip.

I remember it being my 2nd day on the server and we were on Naboo, the only people advertising were Regional Government. So I went along and was interviewed by Grand Moff Chopz, back when Jman was the midget General Romodi and Kelly was the amazing Chief of Staff. I was the first secretary to reach 100 CL2 tests conducted which is probably my greatest achievement on the server so far.

Being in DT, those were the days

I just joined the server some time mid 2017 and we had this big training session for all the ST's and after we did all this training for maybe an half an hour some authority figure (can't remember who it was exactly I believe it was someone high up in ISB) asked if anyone had a particular regiment that they really wanted to join. DT being these hulking navy seal-esque super troopers who I saw as gods among men I of course stood up and said I'd love to be apart of DT. Me and some other fella who also wanted to join DT got pulled aside by Direx (shout out to this magnificent son of a bitch best commander DT's ever had) and had a little training session in the engine room. We went at training for probably 20 minutes until Direx had seen enough to determine that the other guy was in tip top shape and I sucked ass. I was of course heart broken but carried on with my ST adventures for a little while (bugging Direx every single time I saw him for another shot at my dream reg) until I Direx let me know he changed his mind and gave me a spot on DT (I later learnt this was not Direx's decision and that apparently that ISB guy from before told him that I had some real potential and he wanted me on DT) and so began the funnest times I have ever had on this server. I loved so much about DT, the people, the gear, and of course being apart of the baddest mother f**kers on the server. Even just standing guard at ISB was so much fun to me, sitting in teamspeak shooting the sh*t with some top notch lads, It was great. It all went to sh*t after a while, Direx left, I joined Shadowguard (biggest mistake I ever made) and eventually I stopped playing but by golly I'll never forget my time in DT.

Edited by Choccymilk
  • Upvote 1