Anybody Else Miss That Feeling?

I'm not sure how many of you will be able to relate to this but it's something that I've thought about over the past few days as I hit my one year anniversary with IG and got some flashbacks to my first experiences on the server, particularly within Vader's Fist. The feeling that I'm talking about of course is that initial innocence of when you first joined the server, taking things really seriously, not knowing where to go around the map and discovering new things every day, working as hard as possible when promotions from PVT to PFC felt rewarding and well earned. Without me even noticing until now, that feeling is completely gone and it kinda sucks to be honest as it was something that made every experience on the server exciting and interesting.

Maybe it's just me but I'd love to go back and play through those first couple of months all over again.

• Sad 5
  • Upvote 10

I'm glad you made this rivers

Being where I am now in engineers makes me feel so trapped, don't get me wrong I love the RP and sh*t 

It's just painful, it feels like back in 2017 when I was in shore troopers, I was the only one that ever came on in a month. 

I can understand how you feel wanting your old regiment back I understand how you feel. I miss my shore troopers and I miss my old shore trooper and og friends. It feels like the universe has something out for me. The same feeling can be acquired with clone Wars. No amount of engineering RP that is theoretically possible can replace these two amazing periods in my ig career. 

Life is a funny thing huh.

Call me crazy for caring too much 

Rivers

<3

-Delta 

• Sad 4

Oh my lordddd...

This one hits home. Had these feelings all before I stopped playing actively. Reminiscing on my first days and first regiment. Learning all the faces, formations, training, running tryouts: quite magical. I felt sparks of "my first days" when Clone Wars started, but that faded quite quickly. There is really no definitive way to feel like this again, unless you were to take a very large break or join a completely different server with a new play style. 

• Sad 4
26 minutes ago, Rivers said:

I'm not sure how many of you will be able to relate to this but it's something that I've thought about over the past few days as I hit my one year anniversary with IG and got some flashbacks to my first experiences on the server, particularly within Vader's Fist. The feeling that I'm talking about of course is that initial innocence of when you first joined the server, taking things really seriously, not knowing where to go around the map and discovering new things every day, working as hard as possible when promotions from PVT to PFC felt rewarding and well earned. Without me even noticing until now, that feeling is completely gone and it kinda sucks to be honest as it was something that made every experience on the server exciting and interesting.

Maybe it's just me but I'd love to go back and play through those first couple of months all over again.

:feelsbadman:

yes. original rishimoon golden days.

damn rivers why you gotta ask the real questions :((((((

Edited by Mord
  • Sad 4

Yeah nothing can replace that feeling of you're first few days. I miss it so much. But I just try to think that I can give that same feeling to other new players which brings some positives.

Edited by Camaro
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 4

I feel that deep in my soul, the days before bureaucracy and politics, when all I wanted was not to be painted as an auto-minge like the other Storm Troopers, and do my bit for the Empire. The ISB Operative grind, the satisfaction of having your promotion report approved with your sick report on the latest offship, not having any real responsibility or OOC stuff to do, trying to figure out why the Event Character AI was so good (spoiler alert: they were players), those were the days

Edited by Tonberry
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

I feel this, I came onto SWRP Wanting to minge after watching call me kevin, but back in the day Regret was CO of ST's and I just fell in love. The first day I came on we went to Naboo and patrolling around felt like magic and when the event came around I felt like I was playing A real scripted game it was Unreal. The magic does eventually die off though but I would like to think that other things take its place, like feelings of aspirations and friendship. But yes, I do regularly wish I could just go back to those first few days as a ST tryharding.

15 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

I feel that deep in my soul, the days before bureaucracy and politics, when all I wanted was not to be painted as an auto-minge like the other Storm Troopers, and do my bit for the Empire. The ISB Operative grind, the satisfaction of having your promotion report approved with your sick report on the latest offship, not having any real responsibility or OOC stuff to do, trying to figure out why the Event Character AI was so good (spoiler alert: they were players), those were the days

Agreed, the OOC arguments and hierarchy everyone gets caught in is exhausting. I miss just being a player :'

I miss the old ISB Gusky days, although I appreciate where I am now. Time will tell if I ever return to ISB, but as ARC CO, I probably won't any time soon.

Navy was also quite good, very interesting, being early 2017.

I love bureaucracy, hence my desire in mostly RP roles.

• Like 1

I'd give anything to be back as a PVT of Inferno Squad with just @wflizzi as my Commander, and not knowing what was happening, or what the hell anything was. Good times.

I've grown, and with growth comes knowledge, and with knowledge comes skill. I would love to be back there, but during that time I was naive to a lot of things in life. If given the chance to go back to those times, I wouldn't take up the offer. They are just fine as a memory, it helps me appreciate how far I've come, and how far I'll go.

Just something I wanted to share, being an old timer.

Also @Marsh bullied me back in the day. Again, good times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man i relate to this waaayyyy too much, when i first came onto the server (well technically returning to the server) all i wanted to do was to minge (from watching call me kevins videos of course) however i never had it in me to start minging, I then decided to attent a tryout for shock troopers and holy cow the amount of respect people showed me in shock just made me want to stay apart of the server, the endless grind for arrests was amazing and the thrill was so fun. Oh how i miss the old days when every arrest would be something to look forward to. 

personally i believe the reason why all the OG's and stuff are leaving is because they dont get that spark, the thrill of working their way up the ranks in their regiments and it just gets boring after a while. 

Being stuck at a certain rank due to being rank blocked by someone hurts someones morale hard and makes them just give up and begin going inactive... then leave the community.

thank you so much for bringing this topic up rivers.

This makes me wish I was back in 212th, God I miss those days due to the fun I had and the people I met, I was so fresh back then now I'm in that deep water with all those responsibilities to not only myself but other people. I will one day return :) 

• Like 1

We were speaking about this exact topic two days ago with Pubs.

After you learn how a server functions, how people work and how the roleplay fits together you lose that initial curiosity and willpower to try the best you can at everything.

I remember my first days with NovaWubbz as Captain Rex were the days when I took SWRP the most serious. After I became Rex however that feeling wasn't there, and the initial curiosity from being new to the SWRP Scene soon turned into familiarity. 

That feeling of innocence was lost early on.

Really wish I still had it.

2 hours ago, Rivers said:

not knowing where to go around the map

And you’d look fishy just standing anywhere being a low ranking st because stereotypes amen

And yeh those were some good days, but now it’s like real real serious rp and anything you do, minecraft:hoes be mad

Edited by Kamelieon

Ignorance is bliss my friend, I've spoken about this a few times on the forums recently, but I'll say it again here.

The longer you do something, the more desensitized to it you become, if you skydived everyday, a year in you'd probably just be like 'Yeh aight. Whatever.' whereas others are like 'Holy crap, this is amazing.' and that's where our experience comes into play. We need to make it so that, even though you no longer feel 'the magic' in a sense, that others who come after you do.

Just some food for thought.