27 minutes ago, Billybob1061 said:

That could make is better, maybe have an option to be healed quicker with credits being spent on the droid

Yeah that would be really cool so you start with a default droid then have the option to slowly upgrade the droid to make it more efficient and faster at its job, like upgrades for its speed, hit points and healing power.

6 minutes ago, Splonter said:

Yeah that would be really cool so you start with a default droid then have the option to slowly upgrade the droid to make it more efficient and faster at its job, like upgrades for its speed, hit points and healing power.

Oml swrp turning into dark rp with droids instead of printers 

I love this idea! I have a few suggestions to make this actually workable into the server.

- Make it walk around on its own, maybe a set path or random path around the map.

- Make it so that it has HP and is killable.

- Make it so that for it to spawn an engineer has to come and create one, maybe at a terminal or something at the med bay or something.

- 1 credit per 1% of hp sounds like a great idea! Also make it not instant healing so it has to take time to heal you, this is to avoid combat healing.

This is pretty much all i have come up with when it comes for suggestions for this amazing idea, i hope it becomes an actual feature for the server.

52 minutes ago, Solar said:

I love this idea! I have a few suggestions to make this actually workable into the server.

- Make it walk around on its own, maybe a set path or random path around the map.

- Make it so that it has HP and is killable.

- Make it so that for it to spawn an engineer has to come and create one, maybe at a terminal or something at the med bay or something.

- 1 credit per 1% of hp sounds like a great idea! Also make it not instant healing so it has to take time to heal you, this is to avoid combat healing.

This is pretty much all i have come up with when it comes for suggestions for this amazing idea, i hope it becomes an actual feature for the server.

This is pretty much a summary of what I want to do so far, fairly simple and straight forward things to code(somewhat complex but I’m sure I’ll figure it out)

I would love it if the droid was a spoof of a player and sent out actual comms messages to engineers to come and fix it when breaks down or to all personnel when it's spawned or despawned. Example:

"(COMMS) Healing Droid: [ALL] Hello! Healing Droid #### reporting for duty!" *used when the droid spawns

"(COMMS) Healing Droid: [ENG] Alert! I require assistance! I am located at [insert location here]!" *the droid could travel to set nodes around the ship which it can use to plot its location when it sends out a comms.

"(COMMS) Healing Droid: [ALL] Alert! I am returning to my terminal to recharge my battery; I will no longer be available." *used when activating Event Mode or going off-ship.

Don't know how hard this would be to code, but I assume it could work similarly to the blue descriptive text that staff put into chatbox in events or the !it command; but I think it could definitely make the droid feel more "alive" than a regular NPC.

Edited by SCHEFF
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

I would love it if the droid was a spoof of a player and sent out actual comms messages to engineers to come and fix it when breaks down or to all personnel when it's spawned or despawned. Example:

"(COMMS) Healing Droid: [ALL] Hello! Healing Droid #### reporting for duty!" *used when the droid spawns

"(COMMS) Healing Droid: [ENG] Alert! I require assistance! I am located at [insert location here]!" *the droid could travel to set nodes around the ship which it can use to plot its location when it sends out a comms.

"(COMMS) Healing Droid: [ALL] Alert! I am returning to my terminal to recharge my battery; I will no longer be available." *used when activating Event Mode or going off-ship.

Don't know how hard this would be to code, but I assume it could work similarly to the blue descriptive text that staff put into chatbox in events or the !it command; but I think it could definitely make the droid feel more "alive" than a regular NPC.

Would also give a use for the droid charging station outside government

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

As far as my gmod lua goes, this is somewhat near impossible for me, but maybe I can look at this as a end goal because I love the idea that much

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure if this still alive but i would recommend already using the resources available from HL2. Stealing the Script from a HL2 medic Rebel and then giving a custom model with animation possible. 

Set the weapon value to false (Or how ever it is set) and do this along with join squads) If you wanted it to be static it can once again be turned off making it a static healer. Removing the weapons and using the default HL2 healing kit. 

Im not 100% but the NPC gives 30 hp every min? I think. Which i'm sure if you were to attempt to edit could be changed. And using the tool gun settings already on the server you could set it to follow a person using simple squad.

Problems: You may need to make custom animations or models on which way you set it and play with item values. Also making it a NPC means it is Killable.

Alternatively you can use a HL2 healing wall entity (Like the already made bacta walls) And have it so that it remains static only and change its values.

• Upvote 2
28 minutes ago, LimeStrider said:

Not sure if this still alive but i would recommend already using the resources available from HL2. Stealing the Script from a HL2 medic Rebel and then giving a custom model with animation possible. 

Set the weapon value to false (Or how ever it is set) and do this along with join squads) If you wanted it to be static it can once again be turned off making it a static healer. Removing the weapons and using the default HL2 healing kit. 

Im not 100% but the NPC gives 30 hp every min? I think. Which i'm sure if you were to attempt to edit could be changed. And using the tool gun settings already on the server you could set it to follow a person using simple squad.

Problems: You may need to make custom animations or models on which way you set it and play with item values. Also making it a NPC means it is Killable.

Alternatively you can use a HL2 healing wall entity (Like the already made bacta walls) And have it so that it remains static only and change its values.

As far as im concerned this is always alive, always looking for new input. I really like the idea of ripping the code (cause ya bois lazy), i might look into it next time i do some work on it, it might just be the case that I use the same method to code it as they did. Cheers lime

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

Bruh [DROID-ENG]

Droid might leak our comms 

• Thinking 1

So just A update.

For the first implementation im making a static entity (like quest NPC's) that can be placed down and when used, this derma comes up!

droid heals you for 1 cred per percent, and fixes legs for 50 creds.

@Bailey is making a custom texture for the droid to make it sexy, and i am just ironing out bugs and making the derma more appealing.

Thankyou everyone for your support and suggestions. expect more updates soon

20190826164045_1.jpg?width=400&height=22

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Gregis said:

So just A update.

For the first implementation im making a static entity (like quest NPC's) that can be placed down and when used, this derma comes up!

droid heals you for 1 cred per percent, and fixes legs for 50 creds.

@Bailey is making a custom texture for the droid to make it sexy, and i am just ironing out bugs and making the derma more appealing.

Thankyou everyone for your support and suggestions. expect more updates soon

20190826164045_1.jpg?width=400&height=22

IM MAKING IT TONIGHT OK AHHHHHHHHHH

• Upvote 1

OK,

First of all thankyou @Bailey For creating the beautiful droid and then @Vanilla for fixing the Physics model on it.

yeah_the_boys.jpg?width=381&height=300yeah_the_boys.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yzO4kMmTD0UzjXeJmTgFL7FnSwg7fc7H/view?usp=sharing

Current progress, currently waiting for managements approval. 

I would like to thank @GeorgeBloon and @Horus1 for giving me ideas on howto initially implement the ideas gathered from the community

And would like to thank everyone else for helping out.

The next step will to be making another version of this that moves and distributes health and fixes legs, more of a "combat healing droid" 

• Upvote 3
13 minutes ago, GeorgeBloon said:

That is a dope ass looking droid nice work peeps!

Also if he doesn't constantly say GONK like a pokemon I'm KOS it.

Yeah get flexed on. All me baby. I do dat texture things you know fam.

• Like 1