Hey everybody,

so since I’ve joined the dev team I have been committed to one project that has driven me to insanity and back, and I feel like a good respite from it would be to work on something else.

so I’ve been working on an addon that makes a droid   enitity, that runs around and players can click on to heal themselves.

now yes. This is really simple, but that’s why I’ve come here. 

We have a extremely strong community with a lot of players who have a strong understanding of the game mode and the needs of the server. 

I have created this thread to get your feedback on ideas and features I can implement, in order to make the best final product possible.

The current ideas I’ve thought of is adding a feature where you can make the droid follow you and adding a feature were the droid can only heal certain amounts over time.

all input is highly valued. I would really like to see this become a fun little community project 

cheers Greygoose

Edited by Gregis
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Splonter said:

Would be a cool idea, To prevent is completely taking the jobs away from medics maybe make it so it costs credits to heal yourself?

I really like this maybe make it cost credits so the quest become a little less redundant 

17 minutes ago, GeorgeBloon said:

Awesome Idea sounds nifty, maybe it can come out as public when there are no Medics on/low numbers, that said medics always have to heal broken legs and the diseases, so having a droid along a single medic can help them out.

This is what I was going to say xD But place the healing droids at locations where people break their legs often (main elevator and MH1) that would be awesome :D 

• Advisor

Things the droid should do:

• Slow down to a stop when its about to run into someone (maybe)
  • Roll along slightly off-centre so it doesnt block the exact middle of the walkways
  • Heal, but not fix broken legs unless you pay credits
  • Make a quiet ambient droidy noise - maybe sporadic beeps
  • Dont set up any menu system for it - you'd have to add a priority system for who it travels to etc
  • Give it a set path around the ship
  • Make it disappear when !eventmode is active to avoid ECs and players healing in combat.
  • Upvote 3
34 minutes ago, Rook said:

Things the droid should do:

• Slow down to a stop when its about to run into someone (maybe)
  • Roll along slightly off-centre so it doesnt block the exact middle of the walkways
  • Heal, but not fix broken legs unless you pay credits
  • Make a quiet ambient droidy noise - maybe sporadic beeps
  • Dont set up any menu system for it - you'd have to add a priority system for who it travels to etc
  • Give it a set path around the ship
  • Make it disappear when !eventmode is active to avoid ECs and players healing in combat.

Loving the ideas but I kinda thought these could be utilised in events where’s medics are lacking, they can be made killable and follow a certain person 

2 hours ago, Gregis said:

Loving the ideas but I kinda thought these could be utilised in events where’s medics are lacking, they can be made killable and follow a certain person 

The only problem with that is I imagine it would be pretty abusable in terms of combat healing. It could be good to make it heal on defcon IV and V, and maybe just stick to revives on Lower defcons? 

28 minutes ago, Dirthi said:

The only problem with that is I imagine it would be pretty abusable in terms of combat healing. It could be good to make it heal on defcon IV and V, and maybe just stick to revives on Lower defcons? 

Pretty easy to set up like a 5 second timer each heal so it doesn’t get abused, plus if there’s a credit cost

• Upvote 1
  • Advisor
5 hours ago, Ragetank said:

Can you make an addon that makes the server uncrashable 

We have one , called the script we have that finds the lag in addons and our glorious dev team works on them ;)

• Confused 1
8 hours ago, Gregis said:

Pretty easy to set up like a 5 second timer each heal so it doesn’t get abused, plus if there’s a credit cost

Make sure its % max health not just flat health or it'll be useless for Sith to use.

• Upvote 2

Don't let them heal ec's and it would help relieve medics of their  jobs, maybe make it cost a couple credits per x amount healed. And also maybe let them be purchased from the point shop or earned from the skill point shop

Edited by Billybob1061
  • Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Billybob1061 said:

Don't let them heal ec's and it would help relieve medics of their  jobs, maybe make it cost a couple credits per x amount healed. And also maybe let them be purchased from the point shop or earned from the skill point shop

Maybe 1 credit for 1 HP for troopers and 1 credit for 5 HP for sith? That way its balanced