1. 1. Poll

• Positive Support
    • Negative Support

• Steam Name:
    Coldron
  • SteamID32:
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • Age?:
  • What Part of the community are you from?
    Imperial RP Server
  • Programming languages you know (etc. LUA, CPP, C#, PYTHON - MUST KNOW ONE LANGUAGE):
    I know a little lua, and Glua done some work with Python but i am trying to improve my skills all the time.
  • What type of content do you want to create for our server?
    Ease of use.
    I want to play on a server that is not complicated to learn or play, I cant imagine coming onto that server and getting told oh hit f2 for the Regiment Selector, f3 for Point shop, f4 to see what regiments there are, and f7 for what quests to do and f8 to improve skills.
    I am not the best coder i will admit that my skills are not amazing but i still want to use what i know to improve How others play a game that i love and spent time to learn how to code.
    I want to make things like a Menu were you can see all the regiments, Get information about them, find out how many people are in the regiment so it stops the PMing commanders every day to know about a spot and also Put in who are the commanders.

I think that i could Improve the server in small ways not big ones, Making small addons.

Thank you for looking at my application, I am trying to improve my coding all the time.
  • Have you made any other scripts or content we should know about?
    Yes I have a few things that i have made i have made a custom game mode (Not finished just a challenge) and i have made the information sheet that i was taking about. and i have made a system when you do chats and put your regiment like this if your 501st you do /501st and in comms its (501ST)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1840195010
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1840194991
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1840194974

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184019495
  •  

• https://imgur.com/a/jLYRbpf
  • Do you accept the Terms & Conditions of this application?
    yes
Edited by Veles
Adding networking

Neutral Changed to +1

For now I will be leaving a neutral on this application. I do not know much about Lua or Glua but based on the examples you have provided they are quite basic compared to other previous applications. Once there is some more feedback provided by people who understand this type of stuff better than myself. 

You have demonstrated you are willing and able to improve your skills with Glua and took criticism and suggestions to your application very well. You have also provided more examples when asked for and I think you would do a good job as a Developer in the future. 

Edited by Cure
10 minutes ago, Cure said:

Neutral

For now I will be leaving a neutral on this application. I do not know much about Lua or Glua but based on the examples you have provided they are quite basic compared to other previous applications. Once there is some more feedback provided by people who understand this type of stuff better than myself. 

-1 for now, Examples are really basic (your derma formatting is clean and Impressive). If you can present something with more complication, especially networking i would be willing to change to a +1

Edit:

changing to a +1 good job very impressive!

Edited by Gregis
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Veles said:

@Ragetank @Gregis

I have adding in a networking example as you have asked, I am planing on updating this throw time but this is were its at now

Thanks veles

Nice though what part is actually doing networking and what are you doing with the networking library? Its hard to tell from the video

@Ragetank

Yeah all good so what it is doing with networking is that when you write into the box it broadcasts the message, so when anyone opens that box they can read that message 

so say i put hey in there and you open it up later it will show what i said so its like another chat box. If you want i would be happy to share the server side code

Edited by Veles
  • 2 weeks later...

Couldn't Quote so Copy pasted it from @Cure:

Neutral

I know some pretty basic stuff for gLua and are working on a project. Entities are pretty hard to work, especially with box frames, so it would take a lot of time and effort but I will stay Neutral for now as I have seen good dev apps before but I want to see who you are as a person.

Edited by Ironman
  • Like 1
  • Kumo locked this topic