Organise Debrief wide salute

10 minutes ago, GeorgeBloon said:

Interesting idea, I find Regiment Sync Salutes are fine, they are also hard to do with a large regiment so an entire server with 100+ people on a good night would be close to impossible. 

Indeed

Instead of a sync salute and debrief, I reckon bringing back the music march.

(All stage personnel stand under the stage until music is played. When music is played, they all march up and it looks really cool)

• Upvote 7
30 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

(All stage personnel stand under the stage until music is played. When music is played, they all march up and it looks really cool)

Yeah I really liked doing this. Should work with the stage layout. +1

1 hour ago, Vanilla said:

^^ Sounds sick +1

2 hours ago, Vanilla said:

I believe this would be something that would have to be agreed upon by everyone who goes up on there and would thus be an OOC formality.

Ask Cecil about brining this back because it sounds awesome.

It would be possible but also the issue is server lag once you a cretin number of people in that one area your FPS goes like crap and also Gmod Freezes alot but it's the server response time so it would depend on those factors but it would be good but hard so i don't think it's worth doing because no one would be able to do a sync salute due to those factors

IMO the only way this would work is if Kumo were to write the script. There is simply no way to successfully execute this to the degree you are hoping for without some form of control.

I have begun slowly implementing the regimental salute into the ST Corps, but we aren't even close to being on time consistently as of yet. The issue is, if someone just joins the server and comes to debrief, they will be off. Once they nail it, somebody will take their place. There will always be a few which are off-time, and i feel like that would bug people more than the current way we do it, because it will be a lot more obvious.

That being said, i'm not entirely opposed to the idea. If it is well executed, it could look good. Yet again, forcing players to salute in a SeriousRP situation may sit badly with a few people, especially the ones that like to be precise about everything they do..

Kind Regards,

Death.

I would not recommend this due to multiple inputs causing lag and most people not requiring to salute/bow anyway. (Unless Lord Vader, Emperor arrived/was on stage)

I am not going to say why or want to.

Don't question my decision or you will end up with me questioning your loyalty. 

• Upvote 2
13 hours ago, Vanilla said:

Yes definitely 

Loved that 

14 hours ago, CrazedKiller said:

I think someone (probably someone up on stage) organised a sync salute for all regiments to follow. 
I believe this would look better than individual regiments/singular troopers saluting.

Regiments already do sync salute, such as vf, doing an enture server wide one would be way to laggy especially with everyone being in the same spot. Hopefully the lag calms down doing events as well though

12 hours ago, Kumo said:

could write a script forcing everyone to salute if this is really wanted

There would have to be a few exceptions, would be real weird if Palpy or the Grand Moff suddenly cracked a big 'ol salute towards the troopers

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Ubermolen said:

How about we just add the music button back to debrief like the old days. And all the co’s and that march up

do you know how corrugated the walkway/Stage area would be? Unless they put a bigger walkway up to the stage in

Edited by Lachlan
  • Advisor

It wont be exactly a synchronised salute. However, the method of all officials that stand on the stage will be a bit different via music cue, then they approach the stage in their regiments.
Be present at the next debrief to see some unison and organised action.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 8/20/2019 at 12:03 PM, Ubermolen said:

How about we just add the music button back to debrief like the old days. And all the co’s and that march up

the man called it

• Sad 1