HP modifications

Suggestion: Lower average imperial hp by 1/4 and average EC hp by 1/2
EG: Players: 600 to 450, 300 to 225. EC: 3000 to 1500. Ect

(This is just a suggestion and should likely change based on better observation of how much hp would actually need to change)

Why?: Because we train to be tactical, but the hp people gets makes them reckless and rely on how much faster one can kill another rather than tactics and positioning.
This is shown constantly in events, players will run at each other with guns rather than use cover or fight at range.

I hope this change might provide players with the incentive to perform more strategical and cautiously

I know this change might likely make the higher ranks upset because it would effect them the most, and people may shoot this suggestion down straight away based off personal positions, but think of the overall picture.
I hope people give constructive criticism in ways to either apply this suggestion or modify it to work better for everyone.

• Upvote 1

As much as I'd love for everyone to be hp conscious and be strategic it just doesn't happen. A few points as to why I think below

- Laggy events would cause people to die before they get around a corner

- ECs need alot of health to simulate multiple rebels and to give players a challenge. Unfortunately some times it ends with reckless ECs but it's almost unavoidable

- You can die fast enough as is most snipers can one shot most people

- More HP = Longer fire fights which saves players from running alot and gives EMs time to prepare the next part

- Lower HP ECs mean we need more ECs. We struggle to get enough as is.

I would love this for immersion but it's just not viable with garrysmod at least.

Edited by Ragetank
Reasons
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For laggy event: we cant do much about that just hope you can find a better server host someday.
For ECs simulating multiple rebels: EM need to manage better and get better tools like spawners/npcs/multiple EMs running different EC squads.
Snipers OP: yeah, but in mass scale it doesnt matter
Longer firefights: Give pilots a reason to exist, add teleporters, add transporters, add spawners
Low EC numbers: Npcs? Reward ECs better?

Most of my suggestions may be called out saying it will cause lag and crash the server, yeah, i know, but it crashes alot anyway.

Edited by CrazedKiller
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CrazedKiller said:

For laggy event: we cant do much about that just hope you can find a better server host someday.

Garry's Mod only runs on one core mate, this is the best we can buy.

For ECs simulating multiple rebels: EM need to manage better and get better tools like spawners/npcs/multiple EMs running different EC squads.

We don't have enough EMs and ECs that want to be these roles in order to have this running, and the rules with NPCs is that NPCs can not be spawned with over 60 players.

Snipers OP: yeah, but in mass scale it doesnt matter

It really does, snipers are already so strong right now, if heaps of people have snipers (which they do) it definitely matters on a large scale.

Most of my suggestions may be called out saying it will cause lag and crash the server, yeah, i know, but it crashes alot anyway.

Your other two suggestions are the same, nonetheless, if it crashes a lot, we should try and keep the crashes to a minimum in as many ways as possible, not just go "EH, it crashes heaps, lets just do reckless stuff that might crash it."

• Upvote 1

This one is quite difficult. Yes, as Kristofer has stated, it will stop people who primarily use their hp to their advantage. Plus, it will require people to start thinking strategically instead of bomb rushing the enemy. But, as Tank has stated, the reasons behind the amount of health is to simulate a group of hostiles. If their hp was average, the EM would solely be relying on their ability to outmaneuver and avoid blaster fire, essentially staying alive for long periods of time. Furthermore, it would also require the EM to constantly be respawning their EC's in various places due to the overwhelming amount of people that storm the enemy. 

The way I see the current state of hp is quite balanced. The hp of EC's can easily punish those who decide to rush the enemy, instead of hanging back and thinking 'strategically'. But, the EC's can also be punished quite easily due to the overwhelming amount of personnel who open fire at first sight. On top of that, Regiments will legit chase the EC's down hallways and up levels to ensure the final kill. So, overall, do I think it's a good idea? Yes. Do I think it's needed at the current time? Unfortunately, No. However, it could be useful during Regimental Simulations or if EM's want to test the idea out. Who knows, maybe it will turn out better in game than on paper.

Absolute +1

I feel like the most important part here is the Player Health, with too much health you start feeling too powerful and in EVERY event I've seen that involves shooting a singular hostile there's been a multitude of people rushing towards the enemy and getting between the fire of troopers standing back and the EC themselves which is where a lot of friendly fire comes from. With Lower health for the players it does feel like there's an urgency to making sure you're applying cover along with tactics. I mean i could go on about how an oversupply of High Rankings along with too much of a spread out of troopers in a surplus of regiments could effect everything to do with utilising tactics and such (if anyone cares) but lowering Player health would make a great start, make events more high risk and make the decisions of the commanders/generals feel more important/crucial.

I completely Agree with Tank about the EC's having a lot of health since it does mean longer firefights and time to setup, but i feel like a reason people don't like being EC is because of how helpless it is. Getting mobbed by Generals with 700+ Health and 70 or so troopers with 300+ health each, even if the EC had 10K health he's going to get dwindled down in no time, with a decrease in player health, again it would make every commanders decision for trooper placement feel a lot more crucial. You need to give the players a challenge and i feel like currently the events don't feel like a challenge. There was a time in IG where taking crucial points in an Event map actually mattered towards the overall progress, and if they weren't there was an actual risk in failing said event. Lowering health of Troopers would also give way to many event possibilities as well. Instead of events feeling so orchestrated and static, we could have them free flowing with EC's deciding what positions they want to take aswell as strategies, as along with their Health + Weapons and a decrease in Players HP, EC decisions would matter as well (#ECLivesMatter) . As of now the positions of EC's don't matter, because wherever they hide they're going to be swampeed by high HP Players and then gunned down getting barely a couple kills.

Most of what i have said has been tried and tested with old EM's, and those are the events that most people I've talked to look back and think "Wow those were some mighty good events", events that were thrilling to fight in and events worth being an EC in. And i'm sure that EM's do their very best and i appreciate the time and dedication they put into these events wholeheartedly, you guys are some dead set legends, but with some changes there's so much more potential to events, even alleviate the stress that's solely dependent on them, let the EC's and the Players outsmart each other and see who takes home the bread at the end of the day. There's a ton of factors i can list, and i do hope an Admin or someone would be willing to have a civilised chat to me about this topic, that could make events a time of day that everyone looks forward to, have people once again fighting in OOC to be EC's, and make events feel a lot more like a battle instead of a play. But for now one little step is all i ask, and i do hope that this is taken heavily into consideration.

Edited by yeegunyeezie
6 hours ago, Ragetank said:

As much as I'd love for everyone to be hp conscious and be strategic it just doesn't happen. A few points as to why I think below

- Laggy events would cause people to die before they get around a corner

- ECs need alot of health to simulate multiple rebels and to give players a challenge. Unfortunately some times it ends with reckless ECs but it's almost unavoidable

- You can die fast enough as is most snipers can one shot most people

- More HP = Longer fire fights which saves players from running alot and gives EMs time to prepare the next part

- Lower HP ECs mean we need more ECs. We struggle to get enough as is.

I would love this for immersion but it's just not viable with garrysmod at least.

While yes I would like more tactical plays from both sides in events. I feel like this change would just make it more irritating for players. 

First off while you say it would be people with higher health affected I think it would be quite the opposite. The guns that are used by most regiments and event characters can take out a PVT in most regiments in 4 shots or less, wether you are being tactical or not. Reducing this HP would make them even more vulnerable and difficult to play as the weapons used in a lot of play is a lot more overpowered than you would think. E-11s can literally take down 1000 health people in one clip if used correctly.

Secondly, Higher health people wouldn't be effected as much though, when I was in inquisitors there was a massive change to the regiment which changed everyone's ranks and health. I went from what I think was 2000 down to 1500, and it barely affected me. I still used the exact same strategies despite losing a quarter of my health.

Finally, Speaking from personal experience even when playing tactically in the server that won't stop a rebel running into a group of people causing a lot of friendly fire and deaths. If this was to occur in somewhere like engine room or the BSD where it usually occurs I then have to walk from EVO bunks all the way back there and by then I've missed out on that entire part of the attack. I've seen this is als ok true for the rest of EVO as rarely is MH2 attacked on events. This change in UP would just make it more of a chore when there isn't any medics on. 

Ehh, imo the easiest fix to the health creep that has organically occurred (due to more people having bought health boosts + the new quest system health boosts) is just to creep the damage of all the weapons, particularly heavy sniper type weapons, to compensate for troopers having more health on average than they used to

Edited by Tonberry
  • Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Kristofer said:

+1

This will allow people who solely rely on their high amounts of HP to actually be strategical and properly RP tactically.

I noticed with Taki's event last night (3/8/19) that several members of the 501st were able to directly brawl with the full ship numerically superior ECs (at the points where 4 501st troops would run into around 6 ECs) and not only put up a fight but win without even taking cover or being tactical.

There was a fight in engine room where I (250 base + 50hp F8 Skill + 300 Pointshop Bonus HP + 240 hp Stim Bonus [840 total HP]) ran headlong into a full hp EC with a DLT-19 and won, with 150 hp to spare. There was no cover, point blank shots, I could say this was a fluke but it was happening quite a bit. Trooper HPs are too high but if we decreased trooper HPs, you'd also have to do it to ECs as well (as suggested).

+1  

Also for what Tonberry said, this is probably the easiest option but it isn't the only option. High Ranking Officers are now getting Stimmed up to 1000+hp and that is ridiculous. However, the damage creep is probably required. Your typical "op" sniper: The Pulsecannon... 100% Accuracy at Any Range scoped and unscoped, 200 Damage. That isn't even enough to kill your average ST Private who has any sort of health boost. The Commando Rifle: DC_17m_br. 40 damage, same accuracy as E-11 and still kinda ineffective. However, we cannot just make Assault Rifles do like 75-80 damage a hit because being an ST Private would literally mean nothing. We can't make the Pulsecannon do 500 damage and one shot most people. That would create an imbalance. However, it COULD be made so it one shots on headshots or upper torso/head hitboxes cause more damage. This can be done in 2 ways, with the weapon or with the Playermodel. Both would require quite a bit of work.

3 hours ago, Tonberry said:

Ehh, imo the easiest fix to the health creep that has organically occurred (due to more people having bought health boosts + the new quest system health boosts) is just to creep the damage of all the weapons, particularly heavy sniper type weapons, to compensate for troopers having more health on average than they used to

Edited by Mauler
1 hour ago, Mauler said:

There was a fight in engine room where I (250 base + 50hp F8 Skill + 300 Pointshop Bonus HP + 240 hp Stim Bonus [840 total HP]) ran headlong into a full hp EC with a DLT-19 and won, with 150 hp to spare. There was no cover, point blank shots, I could say this was a fluke but it was happening quite a bit. Trooper HPs are too high but if we decreased trooper HPs, you'd also have to do it to ECs as well (as suggested).

Yes, that 2000 health EC with the DLT-19 with the long arms and legs was me, and I deliberately missed every shot.

Neutral

As Much As i would Love to be able to Kill Ecs Faster, this Wouldn't Work In My Opinion 

As tank Stated with His Reasons

Instead We Should Add something were as, If you take Enough Damage in a Short Amount of time, your Armour Breaks and you take more Damage. 

Example 

>Gets shot By Sniper (100 Damage)/ 

Your armour has been Breached, Take Cover! 

> Wait behind cover For 30 seconds

Your Armour has Recharged, Get Back Into the Fight!

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Delta said:

Neutral

As Much As i would Love to be able to Kill Ecs Faster, this Wouldn't Work In My Opinion 

Instead We Should Add something were as, If you take Enough Damage in a Short Amount of time, your Armour Breaks and you take more Damage. 

Example 

Sounds like a good idea, but not something in the star wars universe. I think personal sheilds are a thing but not armor that recharges. If you armor breaks in needs to be replaced not recharged. It's a set or armor, not a battery. 

45 minutes ago, Delta said:

Neutral

Example 

Call of Duty: Garry's Mod

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Whitey locked this topic