STEAM_0:0:447959196
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    Nova
  • Time Played Imperial RP:
    2 weeks 1 day
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
    364116571_timeplayed.PNG.62fca763722f72ffd2a50dc207c3f328.PNG
  • Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    I have had no warns ever.
  • Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    I have had no bans ever.
  • Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    No but since IG imperial RP is my main server i want to start here.
  • What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
    The purpose of a moderator is very important. Moderators are the ones that enforce the rules to make sure everyone has a good time and if players don't follow the rules the moderators will take them in to a sit and either warn them or ban them depending on what they did. They also help settle OOC arguments if they get to hectic. If IG didn't have moderators it would be a hectic server full of mass RDM and rule breakers ruining the fun for everyone who wants to RP.
  • Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    I am applying for Trial Moderator because IG is my main server and I want to help the community and players have fun and have the chance to RP. I also want to learn who to be a moderator since i don't have any experience with moderating. I admier and deeply respect what the Moderators do for IG, IG is a great server and has a wonderful community and RP experience and it would be my pleasure to help staff team keep IG that way.
  • What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
    I believe I can bring a can do attitude and a willingness to learn from mistakes. I am very mature when it comes down to dealing with OOC situations. I am very active on IG putting at least 1-2 hours of playtime on the server everyday and always notify my superiors if i cannot be on that day, the next day or why i wasn't on the previous day. I believe i can be trusted and i am friendly to other players in OOC.
  • Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    I get the steam ID of the player who committed RDM and check the logs to see how many people they killed and ban them for the appropriate amount of time. after their ban if they come back on the server and RDM i will perma-ban them and ban any ALT accounts that they get on the server king sure that they can't Get on the server and interrupt or ruin players RP experiences .
  • Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    If someone bullies another player i will pull both of them into a sit and hear both sides of the story. then i would verbally warn them that bullying is not tolerated on the server and to not do it again otherwise they will get a warn or a ban and if the do they will either get and warn or a ban depending on how severely they were bullying the player.bullying is not tolerated on IG and never will be.
  • You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    First of all i would get proof of them abusing their powers. Then i would ask them why they are abusing their powers and tell them that they shouldn't abuse their powers. After that i would speak the current leader of the Moderator team and give them the proof of the staff member abusing their powers and let them handle it. Moderators shouldn't abuse their powers to get an unfair advantage because it ruins players experiences.
  • Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    I would immediately get a screen shot or recording of the threat and the players steam ID immediately ban them and tell the staff team that someone threatened to DDOS the server. DDOSing in Australia is a highly illegal offence in Australia and can be taken to court.
  • Terms & Conditions
    Yes
  • Steam Name:
    [IG] Lloyd0082
Edited by Nova
Time played update

Neutral for the following reasons:

• I haven't interacted with you to a sufficient degree on the server.
  • I can't comment on maturity since I don't know you.
  • The application itself has sufficient detail and is written fairly.
  • No prior staffing history - This isn't something that you need, since everyone has to start somewhere, but it is still something to be noted.

My advice would be to get more well-known on the forums and on the server itself. Doing this will greatly increase your chances of changing my response and others, since from what I have seen there are some others who also do not have many interactions with you.

Good-luck on your application.

Regards,

Sterling

6 minutes ago, Sterling said:

• No prior staffing history - This isn't something that you need, since everyone has to start somewhere, but it is still something to be noted.

My advice would be to get more well-known on the forums and on the server itself. Doing this will greatly increase your chances of changing my response and others, since from what I have seen there are some others who also do not have many interactions with you.

Regards,

Sterling

My thoughts exactly. Willing to change to a +1 :)

22 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Regards,

Sterling

34 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Regards,

Sterling

56 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Regards,

Sterling

Agreed. Morethan happy to change if I get to know you! 

Good luck!

I will be leaving a +1 for the following reasons

I have seen you around the server and from what I can tell, you are mature and can be trusted 

The application is flushed out and you have detail in questions

You might not have prior staffing experience but I don't mind since I didn't have any staffing experience when I applied on for staff (Anything is possible) ;)

Good Luck

On 8/2/2019 at 4:33 PM, Sterling said:

Regards,

Sterling

willing to change to a +1

On 8/2/2019 at 4:33 PM, Sterling said:

Regards,

Sterling

Summed up perfectly. I have seen you around the server numerous times, but I've yet to properly meet you.

Opinion subject to change.

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, Galle said:

I have seen you around the server and from what I can tell, you are mature and can be trusted 

You might not have prior staffing experience but I don't mind since I didn't have any staffing experience when I applied on for staff (Anything is possible) ;)

Good Luck

On 8/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, Galle said:

Good Luck

+1 due to the reasons stated above.

• 1 month later...

Time for the next instalment of Sully's overly large, over the top application response....

Hey @Nova,

First off before I give my feedback on your application I would like to thank you for applying for the position of Trial Moderator, it takes guts to put yourself out there and apply for a position like this and shows that you are wanting to give back, and help make a difference within the server. Below I will go through each part of your application and give you my honest and unfiltered thoughts on it, I will speak about the good elements and the elements that I feel could do with a little bit more improvement. At the end of this response I will give my overall response to the application and give my verdict on my support of the application. Please do not take this as an attack towards yourself, this is purely for your own personal improvement :) 

Application Breakdown:

Spoiler

Information:

Spoiler

Playtime:

Spoiler

Time Played Imperial RP:
2 weeks 1 day

While it might not seem like something overly important to a users application for Trail Moderator, playtime is a key and crucial factor. A users playtime shows how long they have been on the server which lets people know how much they have experienced, the longer the playtime you have, the more you would have been immersed into the community which means you would have been able to interact and be involved with other players and get to know them this is a useful thing as when moderating a situation you will be able to understand how to best proceed with communicating to those involved. 

2 weeks is a great playtime as I feel it is long enough that you would have been able to interact with a good portion of the playbase and have developed an understanding for how the server operates.

Warns/Bans:

Spoiler
  • Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    I have had no warns ever.
  • Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    I have had no bans ever.

This is good to see, what this lets people know is that you have gotten a grasp on the server and the rules around how to interact and behave whilst on it. This shows that you understand the rules and therefore will be able to help ensure other users are following them if you were to receive this position that you are applying for. Whilst this is not a deciding factor on a persons application (unless of course this section has countless offences listed) it is a good indicator as the best way to judge a persons future behaviour is on their past behaviour.

Past Experience:

Spoiler

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
No but since IG imperial RP is my main server i want to start here.

Whilst past experience is not neccessary to have, it is always valued however, that being said everyone has to start somewhere and it is good to see that this is the place in which you wish the start your journey of self growth through the experiences of staffing on Imperial Gaming. With the part about 'Main server', do keep in mind that Staffing is a role that will require a fair amount of dedication so be prepared to commit to Imperial Gaming in order to successfully fulfil the duties of a moderator if you were to be accepted into this role.

Answers:

Spoiler

Question 1:

Spoiler

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
The purpose of a moderator is very important. Moderators are the ones that enforce the rules to make sure everyone has a good time and if players don't follow the rules the moderators will take them in to a sit and either warn them or ban them depending on what they did. They also help settle OOC arguments if they get to hectic. If IG didn't have moderators it would be a hectic server full of mass RDM and rule breakers ruining the fun for everyone who wants to RP.

This is good, this shows you have a basic grasp on the duties of a moderator and some of the tasks in which they have to undertake on a daily basis however that being said this is not the full duty of a moderator and your answer for this question could have been a little bit further elaborated on.

A Server Moderator is a highly important aspect in the success and operation of any Garry's Mod server, these individuals devote hours of their own time in order to mediate and moderate conflicts and situations that may arise within the server environment. Whether this be in character (IC) or Out of Character (OOC), In character situations that would require the interjection of a Moderator are things such as;

• People who are breaking server rules regarding role play related aspects
  • Users who are breaking server rules regarding regimental/role related aspects
  • Users who are interrupting or ruining the role play or experience of another user
  • etc.

Some out of character situations that would require the interjection of a Moderator are things such as;

• Mediating player disagreements
  • Defusing players who may become aggressive or volatile towards another
  • Dealing with users who threaten or abuse another
  • Dealing with bullying or harassment
  • etc.

Essentially, Moderators are the people who ensure the server flows smoothly and that all people who are affecting the experience of another player are dealt with appropriately and accordingly. Moderators also act as a person who users can approach if they feel that someone within the community is treating them in an unacceptable way and act as a safeguard for that person. Hopfully this explanation has given you a bit of a better insight into the roles and responsibilities of a Moderator within the server and community environment.

Question 2:

Spoiler

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
I am applying for Trial Moderator because IG is my main server and I want to help the community and players have fun and have the chance to RP. I also want to learn who to be a moderator since i don't have any experience with moderating. I admier and deeply respect what the Moderators do for IG, IG is a great server and has a wonderful community and RP experience and it would be my pleasure to help staff team keep IG that way.

From this response we can gather that you wish to Learn the ways in which to Moderate the server and want to help Imperial Gaming by learning the ways of a moderator in order to help continue the wonderful experience that the Staff Team have helped to create. This is a good reason and shows that you are willing and wanting to learn, It also shows that you wish to help the server stay amazing what it doesn't show however is why. Why do you want to learn to be a Moderator? Why do you admire the current staff team? and why do you want to continue to uphold the experience that the staff team have created?.

Not only will giving us the why help users to understand your intentions and aspirations but  it will also help you flesh out your application and make it stand out from all the other people who are also applying for this position who may have the same cookie cutter response to this question. Make yourself stand out, make yourself unique!

Question 3:

Spoiler

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
I believe I can bring a can do attitude and a willingness to learn from mistakes. I am very mature when it comes down to dealing with OOC situations. I am very active on IG putting at least 1-2 hours of playtime on the server everyday and always notify my superiors if i cannot be on that day, the next day or why i wasn't on the previous day. I believe i can be trusted and i am friendly to other players in OOC.

Again this response is good, from this we can tell that your head is in the right space of mind and you have a good attitude something that is needed for this role, you also states that you are mature and willing to be active on the server and will be conscientious in reminding Senior Staff about any absences that may occur. Additionally you stat that you are someone who can be trusted and are friendly to other players. Overall this response is good however rather generic and is a very cookie cutter response, what you need to consider when answering a question like this is HOW and WHY. HOW do you have a good attitude and WHY is that something that could help the staff team, HOW are you mature and WHY will that help, HOW can you be active and WHY is that important, HOW can you be trusted and WHY should people trust you. do you get where I am coming from? again this is about making you stand out from the other applications not just mindlessly blending into the mix of potential applicants.

Situations:

Spoiler

Mass RDM:

Spoiler

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
I get the steam ID of the player who committed RDM and check the logs to see how many people they killed and ban them for the appropriate amount of time. after their ban if they come back on the server and RDM i will perma-ban them and ban any ALT accounts that they get on the server king sure that they can't Get on the server and interrupt or ruin players RP experiences .

When dealing with a case like Mass RDM yes you do get the steam ID of the user and get them banned for the appropriate amount of time but what you also should be doing is finding out why they MassRDM'd first, as for all you know the killings could have been justifiable within an RP sense. They way you could go about someone Mass RDM'ing is to first freeze the person who is killing people with the ULX Freeze command, then you should teleport to the person and ask them why they are MRDM'ing, next you should bring one of the people who was killed (ideally the highest ranked or someone who you know tells the truth) and ask for their side of the story, if the person who MRDM'd was in the wrong you would proceed by punishing them (being sure to adhere to the guidelines stipulated within the player punishment guidelines), being a TMod you will be unable to ban the user so you would have to contact a member of Senior Staff to fulfil the ban to the appropriate length. You would then, as you said, keep an eye out to ensure that they do not return on an Alternate account and then you would if you wanted to apologise to the people who were affected by the user and let them know that he/she has been dealt with. Does this explanation sort of make sense?

Bullying:

Spoiler

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
If someone bullies another player i will pull both of them into a sit and hear both sides of the story. then i would verbally warn them that bullying is not tolerated on the server and to not do it again otherwise they will get a warn or a ban and if the do they will either get and warn or a ban depending on how severely they were bullying the player.bullying is not tolerated on IG and never will be.

Ok so this is one where I am not going to sugarcoat my response and I am going to tell you straight up this this is incorrect. Bullying is something that the server has a Zero Tolerance for, all of the staff members including the server owner, Wolf, have a strong stance when it comes to bullying. Any reported instances of bullying get dealt with in a sit and if found that the user was found to be bullying another they will receive a warning and then you are to pass on the details of the offence and the users SteamID to Senior Staff immediately and they will decide on how they wish to proceed with punishing the user, the user will most often than not receive a lengthy ban or a permanent ban as the last thing we want is someone on the server to be targeted for bullying whether it be in or out of character and feel as if they are unsafe within the community.

Abuse of powers:

Spoiler

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
First of all i would get proof of them abusing their powers. Then i would ask them why they are abusing their powers and tell them that they shouldn't abuse their powers. After that i would speak the current leader of the Moderator team and give them the proof of the staff member abusing their powers and let them handle it. Moderators shouldn't abuse their powers to get an unfair advantage because it ruins players experiences.

You are correct, the first step would be to secure proof that the Staff Member in question is abusing the powers in which he or she has been given, following this you can confront the person in question and ask them why they are misusing their privileges. Following this you would contact a member of Senior Staff and or Management and provide them with the proof you have gathered whether that be screenshots or recordings. From there the offence will be looked into by management and they will deal with the situation appropriately. Your response was correct however just needed to be more specific and fleshed out in order to show your full understanding.

DDOS Threats:

Spoiler

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
I would immediately get a screen shot or recording of the threat and the players steam ID immediately ban them and tell the staff team that someone threatened to DDOS the server. DDOSing in Australia is a highly illegal offence in Australia and can be taken to court.

Again this is something the server does not take lightly, given your position as a lower staff member (meaning you have less abilities in which you can punish a user) you would proceed by contacting a staff member who is able to deal with the threat via admin chat is someone is available on the server or through the steam staff chat.  From here the user will then be banned. Regardless of if the threat was real or just a joke, they are treated in the exact same manner as we can never be too careful. Additionally you have pointed out that DDOSing in Australia is a highly illegal offence and can be taken to court, this is correct which further re-enforces why Imperial Gaming does not take these threats lightly.

Overall from the responses in your application and the responses given within the spoiler boxes above it is safe to say you have the basic handle on what a moderator is and how to somewhat proceed with offences that may take place. Please do keep in mind some of the things I have spoken about within the breakdown in order to help you improve not only your application but your outlook on the role and the ways in which to better engage certain situations that may arise. You have not had a moderating role in the past so I was not expecting a complete grasp of how to do everything, however from what your have responded with I feel it is safe to say that with correct training and guidance you could make a good addition to the Imperial Gaming Moderator team and could prove to be a valuable asset. For those reasons I will be giving your application to become a Trial Moderator a +1, I wish you all the best in your journey regardless of the outcome.

Regards,

Sully

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...
  • Wingza locked this topic