How did you create your name?

My name was the setup for a joke. I've no idea why I came up with such an awful joke, but I did. Unfortunately, no one made the joke, so I'm stuck with a silly name. Fortunately, it's allowing for a somewhat alright story to be told, so I've come to terms with it.

I have had a couple of name, my first name was Spicer which was because I had nothing else to think of, then I got the name that I really liked Legion which sort of stuck until I had to change it due to a PK threat, then I went with Prophet because I have a knack for knowing things before they happened, and now for the sake of SCAR I am named after a mint chocolate.

Back when I lived in Darwin and I was in a group with my friends we decided to start playing a lot of games so we decided to choose Australian animals, I chose the most deadly and feared animal on this planet that is known as a Wombat-iacus.

Edited by Wombatiacus
  • Haha 1

Thought the cars looked cool, not really knowing much about the cars. So when people make car jokes about my name I sort of just shrug and giggle.

Edited by Camaro
6 hours ago, Marsh said:

I had a few names before I chose Maxine, however that's a long story on why I prefer using female names for my character, moreso a personal identity. However ALL of my names are derived from the game, Life is Strange. (E.g.. Marsh, Maxine, Kate) 

My favourite name was Maxine and I was sad boi when you changed it

6 hours ago, Matrix said:

My name’s an abbreviated version of my old MCSG name when I used to play it back in 2014.

I thought it was related to like the movie matrix lmao

6 hours ago, Solar said:

I actually have 2 names i go by online, the first one is Solar (duh) and i got this name because of the solar pannels that were installed on my house, i also liked the name 'solar' so i just stuck with it.

My second name i go by is 'Sokolver' and i got that name from a game called 'Spiral Knights' (gr8 game before it died out) and my favourite armour set in that game was called the skolver armour so i just decided to add an extra O to it and yeah, now it sounds russian and i like it.

one day if you find someone named panels just march side by side with them for the meme

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

First name was Omo because it was short for Omoshiroii which sounded like a cool name when I was 14, so I had my name as that.

When I moved to iG I changed to Bailey because its my name and I wanted to get away from my old name. During that time before I moved to iG I was changing most of my names to Bailey anyway.

I remember Omo especially with your monkey profile picture I genuinely didn't even know that your old name was Omo

5 hours ago, Kamelieon said:

Wow, good question. Well after the shoot up of debrief I decided to change my name from epic to Kamelieon. I honestly don’t know how this came to my mind and even the level of spelling it wrong. It’s probably the most random thing I’ve thought of in my life.

And now I use that name for everything online yee yee.

When we were in Incenerators I wanted a lizard name aswell so I changed my name to Iguana good times.

5 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I was originally Pringles back on Poseidon Star Wars RP, then I went to Toastee when I minged one time on IG and stole a Lambda, then I went to Twinkie, more because at the time I was watching Frisky, but ironically all of my SWRP names have been foods.

I see you have a re-occurring trend of naming yourself from types of foods?

5 hours ago, Ragdig said:

Originally it was a character from Kingdom come deliverance called "Radzig" But I forgot what his name was and did "Ragdig" instead. 

I had to read that sentence a few times I thought it said Fallen Kingdom and was disappointed when it wasn't but ive heard of kingdom come a few times but I haven't seen any videos of It before.

5 hours ago, Department said:

My name was the setup for a joke. I've no idea why I came up with such an awful joke, but I did. Unfortunately, no one made the joke, so I'm stuck with a silly name. Fortunately, it's allowing for a somewhat alright story to be told, so I've come to terms with it.

I was always wondering why you had Store after Department but I guess its a joke that will never be used sadly

5 hours ago, GeorgeBloon said:

I was watching Oceans 11 with George Clooney while playing Bloons TD 6.

I got to thinking

George Clooney

Bloons

George Blooney

And the rest was history.

I like the name and how you put both of them together but your profile picture lowkey creepy

5 hours ago, Goliath said:

I had a Razer Goliathus mouse pad, and so Goliath just came to me when I needed a name.

I thought your name was from David and Goliath

3 hours ago, Shepard said:

Commander Shepard from Mass Effect

I feel like I'm the only person that plays one game 24/7 I have never played any of these games everyone is talking about also all you need now is a stick and robe and some sheep

3 hours ago, Legion said:

I have had a couple of name, my first name was Spicer which was because I had nothing else to think of, then I got the name that I really liked Legion which sort of stuck until I had to change it due to a PK threat, then I went with Prophet because I have a knack for knowing things before they happened, and now for the sake of SCAR I am named after a mint chocolate.

wait so if your named after a mint chocolate I'm guessing its called "Legion Milk Chocolate"?? couse that's a weird as chocolate if it is one

2 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

Back when I lived in Darwin and I was in a group with my friends we decided to start playing a lot of games so we decided to choose Australian animals, I chose the most deadly and feared animal on this planet that is known as a Wombat-iacus.

Wombats are the scariest animals especially when they are superior to you in a video game ;(

1 hour ago, Camaro said:

Thought the cars looked cool, not really knowing much about the cars. So when people make car jokes about my name I sort of just shrug and giggle.

Honestly I have no clue what cars are what I just go in them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Everyone here knows me as 'SCHEFF', and that is the result of shortening two things: my irl last name, and the nickname my teacher gave me in Year 6 which was 'Scheffinator'. Obviously, my character names of Chef, Chef Jr., Shef and Mathieu Scheff are derived from this name.

However, as everybody with my email address knows, I used to go by a different, much weirder name; that being 'Noodleman137'. I've had this name ever since 11 and I distinctly remember the circumstances in which I made it up. I was setting up my newly purchased Minecraft account around lunch time not knowing what to name myself. While sitting at the computer, Dad served me some chicken noodles and that just stuck in my mind. My favourite numbers at the time were 13 and 7, due to them being both unlucky and lucky numbers. I could've gone with 'Noodle137', but that name seemed a bit too short and not catchy enough to me, so I decided to shove 'man' into it because why tf not? I'm a boy, I'm a big man with a Minecraft account.

Don't think I'm gonna be switching anytime soon, 'SCHEFF' was embroidered onto my Year 12 jumper xD

Edited by SCHEFF
21 minutes ago, Crunchy said:

wait so if your named after a mint chocolate I'm guessing its called "Legion Milk Chocolate"?? couse that's a weird as chocolate if it is one

My new name is a Lore name, the name I go by is Aero

48 minutes ago, Crunchy said:

I remember Omo especially with your monkey profile picture I genuinely didn't even know that your old name was Omo

Mm. My old picture was Caesar from Planet of the Apes.

4 hours ago, SSV-Normandy-SR1 said:

Simple story, my current name came from my old DarkRP days: Archer Macintyre Johnson, which I chose after i got tired of my old default name i chose: Bob Fisher 

that is a long name almost as long as my Spanish friends name

4 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

Everyone here knows me as 'SCHEFF', and that is the result of shortening two things: my irl last name, and the nickname my teacher gave me in Year 6 which was 'Scheffinator'. Obviously, my character names of Chef, Chef Jr., Shef and Mathieu Scheff are derived from this name.

However, as everybody with my email address knows, I used to go by a different, much weirder name; that being 'Noodleman137'. I've had this name ever since 11 and I distinctly remember the circumstances in which I made it up. I was setting up my newly purchased Minecraft account around lunch time not knowing what to name myself. While sitting at the computer, Dad served me some chicken noodles and that just stuck in my mind. My favourite numbers at the time were 13 and 7, due to them being both unlucky and lucky numbers. I could've gone with 'Noodle137', but that name seemed a bit too short and not catchy enough to me, so I decided to shove 'man' into it because why tf not? I'm a boy, I'm a big man with a Minecraft account.

Don't think I'm gonna be switching anytime soon, 'SCHEFF' was embroidered onto my Year 12 jumper xD

wait so your year 6 teacher created who you are today, can we take a second to realise that if your teacher didn't call you scheff you probably wouldn't be here and that would not be good

3 hours ago, Legion said:

My new name is a Lore name, the name I go by is Aero

I'm guessing your a SCAR trooper then

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Mm. My old picture was Caesar from Planet of the Apes.

Those were the good ol days

3 hours ago, Lachlan said:

My name is Lachlan i created it because no one else had the name on the server I'm the first :) i have never been Pked or had a name change 2 years right now with my current name 

Damn dedicated name picker

2 hours ago, Higashi said:

My brothers previous name on steam was: "Hiyashi", legit just changed the y to a g: "Higashi". Ezpz

that is a name I have never heard but id be more then happy to talk to you on the ship :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ban evading on colossal, kept changing my name to random stuff every alt account and I randomly thought of Kumo and haven't changed it since

• Thinking 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Kumo said:

ban evading on colossal, kept changing my name to random stuff every alt account and I randomly thought of Kumo and haven't changed it since

A bit naughty but also you can't really evade a ban on Arma 3 the ban systems should ban your IP and your steam ID GUID unless you have Multiple steam accounts with different GUID'S and a Dynamic IP Address though your modem 

1 hour ago, Kumo said:

Naughty boi but Kumo is a one of a kind name

1 hour ago, Boris said:

I just looked at my cat and decided I'll steal his name

Your cats taking you to court

1 hour ago, Lachlan said:

A bit naughty but also you can't really evade a ban on Arma 3 the ban systems should ban your IP and your steam ID GUID unless you have Multiple steam accounts with different GUID'S and a Dynamic IP Address though your modem 

I just realised that your profile picture was a phoenix I thought it was a face this whole time

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Lachlan said:

xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxD

No one's ever said that to me before

Well now someone has

18 hours ago, Zote said:

forgot

damn forgot that sounds like a cool backstory for your name

14 hours ago, John said:

E9B591B2-D803-4D18-B5EA-A4BA008514F6.jpeg

as soon as you sent the picture i knew exactly were it was from