[IMPORTANT] Steam Account Hijacking NOTICE

My steam account was just hijacked, anyone that receives this link DO NOT OPEN IT, it will take over your steam account like it has mine. My account was hijacked and they took everything, changed the email and all. When you log in they ask for a code to verify, this code from your mobile authentication gives them full access to your steam. DONT GO TO THIS LINK, watch out for your mates as well, I got this from an old mate!

35dff08b83be1ee9c60017f612019248.png

Edited by Larko
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

idk why anyone would ever trust a sketchy link sent to them by some random and then proceed to type their steam details and mobile authenticator into this random website.

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, Kumo said:

idk why anyone would ever trust a sketchy link sent to them by some random and then proceed to type their steam details and mobile authenticator into this random website.

It appeared to be a legit steam login, I thought if you logged in with steam then 3rd party things can't get those details, but silly me didn't look at the URL and it was taken

2 hours ago, Kumo said:

get on it kumo develop something to block all enemy hostile account stealing gamer bots OH wait....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
9 minutes ago, Imposing said:

get on it kumo develop something to block all enemy hostile account stealing gamer bots OH wait....

steam could just make it so mobile authenticator code changes on login, easy fix.

14 minutes ago, Imposing said:

we call those devices, nukes.... long story short, kumo needs to build us a nuke.

48 minutes ago, Sully said:

we call those devices, nukes.... long story short, kumo needs to build us a nuke.

We call those nukes... nekos... we need them more, I'm sure Vanilla will agree... I have alert most of my mates about this scam and scams similar thanks for the heads up and sorry about your account being Hijacked. 

1 minute ago, Wombatiacus said:

We call those nukes... nekos... we need them more, I'm sure Vanilla will agree... I have alert most of my mates about this scam and scams similar thanks for the heads up and sorry about your account being Hijacked. 

Image result for alert

ALERT! Unidentified NEKO forces entering our airspace.

@Vanilla deploy all availible resources and neutralise those FREE KEY SCAMMERS! It is our only hope of winning this battle

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Sully said:

Image result for alert

ALERT! Unidentified NEKO forces entering our airspace.

@Vanilla deploy all availible resources and neutralise those FREE KEY SCAMMERS! It is our only hope of winning this battle

ALL NEKOS PREPARE FOR BATTLE.

• Upvote 1

Today is a good morning, the glorious steam has uncovered and returned my account to me in one piece. It turns out when they took my account they messaged a number of people on my friends such as Welshy, but he is a smart man so it didn't worry him. But yeah it is an easy trap to fall into if your a silly person especially (like myself).

118c3f3ae120f834f3a0aff92d08670c.png

• Haha 1

A good way to tell if the steam login is legit is to check where the information is sending to via f12 or something like that or simply checking the url of the page you are putting your details in. It should ALWAYS say Steamcommunity in the url as the domain.

11 hours ago, Larko said:

My steam account was just hijacked, anyone that receives this link DO NOT OPEN IT, it will take over your steam account like it has mine. My account was hijacked and they took everything, changed the email and all. When you log in they ask for a code to verify, this code from your mobile authentication gives them full access to your steam. DONT GO TO THIS LINK, watch out for your mates as well, I got this from an old mate!

35dff08b83be1ee9c60017f612019248.png

You and slice both big dum dum.

Thankfully both of you got your shiz back.

56 minutes ago, Larko said:

Today is a good morning, the glorious steam has uncovered and returned my account to me in one piece. It turns out when they took my account they messaged a number of people on my friends such as Welshy, but he is a smart man so it didn't worry him. But yeah it is an easy trap to fall into if your a silly person especially (like myself).

118c3f3ae120f834f3a0aff92d08670c.png

You got your account back that fast!? It's taken steam support about 3 years for them to do that for me for one of my other accounts >:C 

1 minute ago, Wombatiacus said:

You got your account back that fast!? It's taken steam support about 3 years for them to do that for me for one of my other accounts >:C 

Technology these days my friend, they get quicker and quicker by the year. Next year it will probably only be an hour.

But yeh, I submitted the ticket at like 9 last night and it was all fixed by 1 this morning so fairly fast.

• Confused 1
18 hours ago, Kumo said:

Yeah i dont understand why you clicked it in the first place.