STEAM_0:0:71575572

• Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    Lieutenant Commander Gideon Hask (Alystair), Inferno Squad

• Time Played Imperial RP:
    7 weeks, 6 days, 18 hours

• Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
    alystairs_ingametime.PNG.fbe64b3d53dbfc194d8d3feb3a49e716.PNG

• Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    I have not received any warnings, or currently have an active one.

• Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    I have not received any actual bans, temporary or permanent.

• Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    For the server names I can remember, I have been staff on another server, I was Head Administrator with Assistant Manager role but not title on Poseidon Servers Clone Wars Roleplay (2017/2018 version), Poseidon Servers Imperial Roleplay (2018) and Poseidon Servers Zombie Survival Administrator (2018). Hydra Networks TTT Administrator (Early 2019).

• What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
    I believe Moderators are the lowest tier of server Moderation/Administration, the lower tier handle light and or more frequent situations to help keep day-to-day activities running.
    Their primary role is to ensure the players of the server adhere to the rules and that punishments are handed out accordingly to the extent of the breach in server rules which vary from verbal warnings, warnings to temporary bans if need be.

Server Moderators and Administrators are considered to be role models, which means it is required of them to keep calm if an issue arises which proves to be too stressful, follow the rules that you enforce, or be a helping hand for those who need one. Being a server Moderator or Administrator is a voluntary role which one is chosen for, Moderators and Administrators represent the commitment of the community and themselves.

Server Moderators will act accordingly in situations to the players request, if the request requires further attention, like what most people would refer to as a “staff sit”, it is the role of the staff member handling the sit to listen carefully to all parties involved and to come up with a solution to the problem with the information you’ve been given or confirmed with logs.

• Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    Being apart of the staff team is voluntary work, it’s not mandatory, but people chose to join the team, in which I find a particular enjoyment and satisfaction from helping someone else. I believe a lot of staff members find enjoyment from helping others, it’s one of their roles. I wish to commit more to Imperial Gaming, I wish to help others and enforce the server rules.

I had thought about applying for Event Master, but I disregarded it, I had second thoughts about it, in which I myself do not like. I nearly had a completed Event Master app before I changed my mind. However I asked some staff members, Is it possible for a Moderator to run and or assist with events if you have permission.

Being an Event Master is an amazing opportunity, but it is something I didn’t think I’d enjoy in the long term, applying for Moderator however while possibly being able to run and or assist with events maybe every now and again seemed like the right choice for me.

Link to my nearly completed draft of an Event Master Application in google doc.

• What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
    I offer my voluntary service followed by previous experience in the Moderation and Administration side of being a member of a staff team, alongside my knowledge of ULX. If I eventually reach the Senior rank in the Moderation side of the team, I’ll be able to use my past experience as a Moderator and Administrator trainer to help new staff members whom are new to ULX and allow them to get a better understanding of it.
    Also, if possible, I am able to offer my skills to the Event side of the staff team every now and again. If you’ve seen my Event Master Application draft, you’ll see that I’ve got experience in that field.

• Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    I will find his steamid, typically by logs, however I’m not certain what staff ranks on IG have access to immediately seeing printed disconnect messages in console, assuming that I am required to open the logs to find out the offenders steamid, I will do so. I will find his steamid and warn him with something along the lines of “MRDM or RDM x(Number) | DCTAP (Disconnect to avoid punishment)”. If the offender returns and continues to RDM I will in act a punishment of a temporary ban, three days.

• Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    Being vastly aware that bullying is not tolerated on the server nor should anyone have to undergo such treatment, I’ll respond with carefully listening to the individual reporting the matter while taking notes, once the individual has finished I’ll ask some questions like how long has it been going on for, is there anyone else you might think the offender might be harassing?

Evidence of bullying would be a plus, but I would keep an eye on the individual in question for a few weeks. Depending on the extent of the offense, it may vary from a verbal warning to an actual warn. If it continues to be a problem I would temporarily ban the individual for a few days two - three, and if is an extreme case of bullying with the intention to hurt the victims feelings I would report the matter to the current server Manager, with my recorded notes and or evidence.

• You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    I would take down notes such as time and date of the incident(s), record if possible, check logs to confirm and act as evidence if unable to record the matter and once the evidence has been compiled I will then forward it to the Management team or the Server Manager.

• Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    I have dealt with people like this in the past, threatening to DDOS the server or anyone is an offense in itself and warrants a permanent ban. I’ll start by collecting evidence and or confirming what someone may have reported by checkings logs or have them forward evidence if they have any and act accordingly. If there are no superadmins online and I have evidence to confirm the offender has threatened to DDOS anyone or the server, I’ll temporarily ban the individual in question and forward the evidence to management when one becomes available for them to turn the temporary ban into a permanent one. Threats like this are a serious matter and unnecessary.

• Terms & Conditions
    Yes
Edited by TheNegotiator
Formatting, make it easier to read.
  • Upvote 2

Absolute legend +1

- Mature

- Active

- Friendly

Everything you'd need for a good moderator. Other thing would be to add a lil' more to the High ranking staff member abuse question and I think this is a solid application.

Edited by Welly
2 minutes ago, Welly said:

Absolute legend +1

- Mature

- Active

- Friendly

Everything you'd need for a good moderator.

+1 due to the reasons stated above. You've done so much for the community so far can't see a better person obtaining the role. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

Probably the easiest +1 I've ever given. Alystair is an incredibly active individual and long-time member of the server. He's trustworthy and has reached a considerably high rank. He has his downs, yes, but that can be overlooked. I cannot give greater support even if I tried.

Edited by Kristofer
15 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

Probably the easiest +1 I've ever given. Alystair is an incredibly active individual and long-time member of the server. He's trustworthy and has reached a considerably high rank. He has his downs, yes, but that can be overlooked. I cannot give greater support even if I tried.

Big +1

- Active

- Mature

- Has a lot of experience in staffing SWRP.

Whenever I enter a staff ticket or entersinto a staff related situation for any reason, I have are two reasonable expectations of trial to senior moderator level staff:

1) Professionalism 

2) Impartiality 

Based on my previous interactions with Alystair, if he, as a member of staff, came to a situation or ticket where I was, my first thought would be "oh f***, here we go". In my time in the ISB and as a general member of the community, I have found Alystair to believe himself better than most of those around him, talking down to and patronising those around him. This extends to treating any with a differing viewpoint as idiots who just don't understand the situation or matter at hand. This along with other factors, leads me to simply believe that it would not be reasonable for me to expect impartiality and professionalism from Alystair as a member of staff.

Please keep in mind that this is what I think, I am sure others have had different interactions with him, and that is okay. I verry may well be an outlier and the only person who has this opinion, but I still feel the need to express it, and will happily discuss it with anyone who wants to do so.

Edited by Goliath
Better way to put my point
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Welly said:

Absolute legend +1

- Mature

- Active

- Friendly

Everything you'd need for a good moderator. Other thing would be to add a lil' more to the High ranking staff member abuse question and I think this is a solid application.

1 hour ago, Kristofer said:

Huge +1

Has proved to be an extremely dedicated and mature person. Has great prior experience and an overall well written application. I have no doubts that Alystair would make a exceptional Mod.

Good Luck!

7 hours ago, Kristofer said:

8 hours ago, Kristofer said:

7 hours ago, Goliath said:

Based on my previous interactions with Alystair, if he, as a member of staff, came to a situation or ticket where I was, my first thought would be "oh f***, here we go". In my time in the ISB and as a general member of the community, I have found Alystair to believe himself better than most of those around him, talking down to and patronising those around him. This extends to treating any with a differing viewpoint as idiots who just don't understand the situation or matter at hand. 

Many months ago I used to have the same thought but I can safely say that since then Alystair has made HUGE progress in becoming more professional and has grown immensely through his experiences on Imperial Gaming. He would no doubt make a good staff member therefore I will be leaving a +1 on this application.

• Upvote 2

+1

I am giving this +1 on a relatively trusting basis, you are dedicated to the community and are definitely one of the best candidates for a new position in regards to becoming a Moderator, but there are some things I'd like to bring up that may be conceived as negative.

As Goliath has said above, you can be a tad quick to anger and do seem to have this aura of superiority, however, this is most likely because you've been playing as Gideon Hask, a person who believes all of these things for such an extended period of time and sometimes you can meld your personality from your character into your OOC personality.

However, even with some of these small negatives, you have many desirable qualities in regards to being a Staff Member such as dedication, knowledge, high activity and having been known throughout the community as one of the Senior Members who isn't apart of the Staff Team.

Overall, good luck, and I'm glad you have made this application because even if you're not given the chance and privilege at being a Staff Member this time around, if it comes next time you'll know what to improve on and where your strong points are.

My opinion is subject to change.

Good luck with your application.

• Confused 1
32 minutes ago, Bailey said:

+1

I am giving this +1 on a relatively trusting basis, you are dedicated to the community and are definitely one of the best candidates for a new position in regards to becoming a Moderator, but there are some things I'd like to bring up that may be conceived as negative.

As Goliath has said above, you can be a tad quick to anger and do seem to have this aura of superiority, however, this is most likely because you've been playing as Gideon Hask, a person who believes all of these things for such an extended period of time and sometimes you can meld your personality from your character into your OOC personality.

However, even with some of these small negatives, you have many desirable qualities in regards to being a Staff Member such as dedication, knowledge, high activity and having been known throughout the community as one of the Senior Members who isn't apart of the Staff Team.

Overall, good luck, and I'm glad you have made this application because even if you're not given the chance and privilege at being a Staff Member this time around, if it comes next time you'll know what to improve on and where your strong points are.

I honestly had wagered bets as to when this application was going to go up, when you first joined over from Poseidon I thought you were a bit of a dick but since then you are certainly one of the most dedicated players to the server and I would love to see you as a moderator.

Goodluck my friend +1

Even though I have been re-educated by you (and how it was extremely sh*tty in terms of the reason why). I think that you are extremely mature and whenever I speak to you you are extremely good at your roleplaying with your character. I think you would fit the position of a moderator on the server. Your application is extremely detailed and perfect for the role you are applying for in my opinion. Good Luck 

+1

Edited by Billybob1061
  • Upvote 1
On 7/29/2019 at 12:12 AM, Goliath said:

Whenever I enter a staff ticket or entersinto a staff related situation for any reason, I have are two reasonable expectations of trial to senior moderator level staff:

1) Professionalism 

2) Impartiality 

Based on my previous interactions with Alystair, if he, as a member of staff, came to a situation or ticket where I was, my first thought would be "oh f***, here we go". In my time in the ISB and as a general member of the community, I have found Alystair to believe himself better than most of those around him, talking down to and patronising those around him. This extends to treating any with a differing viewpoint as idiots who just don't understand the situation or matter at hand. This along with other factors, leads me to simply believe that it would not be reasonable for me to expect impartiality and professionalism from Alystair as a member of staff.

Please keep in mind that this is what I think, I am sure others have had different interactions with him, and that is okay. I verry may well be an outlier and the only person who has this opinion, but I still feel the need to express it, and will happily discuss it with anyone who wants to do so.

I feel a need to strongly agree with Goliath here. I've had quite a few interaction with Alystair IC'ly, and while not all of them have been bad, they tend non-enjoyable more often then not. You appear to constantly demean other members of the community, and I think your views could ultimately lead to a very biased opinion on the situations you would get involved in as a staff member, and even putting yourself above everyone as you would be a member of the staff team.

For the reasons Goliath has stated, and I have added I'll be leaving a;

I've had the pleasure of having Alystair in Inferno for 155 days under my command he is active, friendly and overall a great person he take things serious. He is also a long term member of the IG community and hasn't abused any of the powers he had been given to help build things for EMs and the Sith temple for these reasons i believe he would be a good fit for the staff team i wish you luck with your application

Huge  +1

On 7/29/2019 at 9:06 AM, Bailey said:

+1

+1

Never have personally spoken to you but have seen you to be a very dedicated member of the community, overall nice lad and has helped INQ with multiple dupes.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 12:42 AM, Goliath said:

Well written and captures my thoughts <3

• zaspan locked this topic