Injured / Broken Leg Suggestion

3 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

Neutral

While in theory this may sound like a good idea, we already know that medics already have the massive responsibility with sorting out diseases as well as general injuries throughout the ship, and slapping another integral responsibility on top of their pre-existing role sounds overwhelming in my eyes.

At least with diseases, there is a chance you'll overcome them, but you obviously can't recover from physical injuries like you can a common cold. Also, injuries sound way too crippling and not fun in its current form - I can agree with no sprinting or jogging, but walking is already slow as it is; to go any slower would neither be fun nor practical.

Imagine playing in an off-ship event and you glitch into terrain or fall down into a place you're not familiar with. Would you want to spend the whole off-ship crawling back to base as you can't describe to a medic where you are? If I was a new player and this happened to me, I would quit straight off the bat; that is far too frustrating to deal with.

This kind of function will need a lot of tweaking and a lot of testing if it were to come to light, which I don't personally see happening tbh, but I'll definitely say that, conceptually, it's a neat idea.

I agree with you that the idea of limping to help would suck but then troopers would be very cautious of their movements and would learn very quickly to avoid cliffs.

I also like the idea of supports being able to fix legs with splints and I'm going to be honest medics really aren't that overwhelmed with responsibility curing diseases is a 2 minute job Max and this gives them (including supports) more opportunity to rp

• Upvote 1
On 7/28/2019 at 11:57 AM, Ragetank said:

I agree with you that the idea of limping to help would suck but then troopers would be very cautious of their movements and would learn very quickly to avoid cliffs.

I also like the idea of supports being able to fix legs with splints and I'm going to be honest medics really aren't that overwhelmed with responsibility curing diseases is a 2 minute job Max and this gives them (including supports) more opportunity to rp

+1 - I like these Ideas, Especially the one for the support role to give them more relevance and need.

Regards,

Sully

• Whitey locked this topic