Injured / Broken Leg Suggestion

This is quite simple so I will keep it short, 

I had an idea. When players fall from a certain height they injure themselves. What this means is they can't sprint and jogging as well as walking is also slowed down. 

I came up with the idea to combat troopers just jumping off of the MH1 catwalks as it is Fail RP. I think that this would deter people, as they don't want to have the reduced movement speed.

Players would then have to go find a Medic and Medics would heal them similar to how they cure diseases. The feature should also turn off when there is no medics on the server similarly to diseases. 

This is just a very brief idea, and I would love to see what everyone else has to say about it.

Thanks, 

Ramirez

Edited by Ramirez
  • Upvote 7

I gotta give this a fat +1 because I really like it personally and it would be decently fun for the medics (at least me). I have 1 question though. Will MTs be immune to this like they are diseases or will there be a way of self fixing (but it takes a bit longer idk)?

• Upvote 2
Just now, Fludders said:

I gotta give this a fat +1 because I really like it personally and it would be decently fun for the medics (at least me). I have 1 question though. Will MTs be immune to this like they are diseases or will there be a way of self fixing (but it takes a bit longer idk)?

I don't think you should be immune. The idea of self healing but it then taking longer is a better idea. Thank for the input :D

My dumb ass thought you were making a thread trying to get help on a SWRP Forum about your injured / broken leg.

After understanding what this is, I like this idea. 

I think that maybe it shouldn't happen every single time you take a big drop, but maybe like 33% of the time, so when it does occur it's a pain and you need to go find a Medic. 

Even when you do find a Medic, I think it should take some time to heal the leg, maybe abit longer than curing a disease.

• Upvote 2

I mean - I wouldn't want the slowness to be too slow and furthermore would hope that it doesn't last forever as -IF- a medic goes afk for ages and is the only one on, you're going to have a problem here. Nice idea just some problems is all :)

+1, seems like the chances are this could work, or at least would be worth a test run.

Edited by Welly
Changed position to full +1
  • Upvote 1

If you break your leg from the correct height, +1.

But please don't have it as small of a fall as it is on Santos, I don't want to find a medic every time I drop 20cm. It works well on Santos, but I think the height at which your leg breaks should be increased above that threshold for a gamemode like ImperialRP.

Edited by Butcher232
  • Upvote 1

I thought you were going to ask for suggestions for what to do now that you've broken your leg and I was gonna say "Play more IG." then I saw it was an actual suggestion for the Server, and I mean, it seems interesting to say the last, maybe @Kumo can look into it.

+1

Can't wait to lag, fall, and break both my legs, and crawl in excruciating pain back to the ST Bunks where i'll scream at every member of ST who joins while i desperately wait for medical attention.

Kind Regards,

Death.

• Downvote 1
7 hours ago, Welly said:

I mean - I wouldn't want the slowness to be too slow and furthermore would hope that it doesn't last forever as -IF- a medic goes afk for ages and is the only one on, you're going to have a problem here. Nice idea just some problems is all :)

Neutral leaning +1, stance'll change when these problems get addressed to me yo.

I know this isn't exactly a full solution to this but I think I would like to see this implemented as something a support role can use as well as medics. I also think supports should have it because in their support tests we do test them on rp e.g. treating a deep cut and i think treating a broken leg would be a thing a support can do.

• Upvote 1

Neutral

While in theory this may sound like a good idea, we already know that medics already have the massive responsibility with sorting out diseases as well as general injuries throughout the ship, and slapping another integral responsibility on top of their pre-existing role sounds overwhelming in my eyes.

At least with diseases, there is a chance you'll overcome them, but you obviously can't recover from physical injuries like you can a common cold. Also, injuries sound way too crippling and not fun in its current form - I can agree with no sprinting or jogging, but walking is already slow as it is; to go any slower would neither be fun nor practical.

Imagine playing in an off-ship event and you glitch into terrain or fall down into a place you're not familiar with. Would you want to spend the whole off-ship crawling back to base as you can't describe to a medic where you are? If I was a new player and this happened to me, I would quit straight off the bat; that is far too frustrating to deal with.

This kind of function will need a lot of tweaking and a lot of testing if it were to come to light, which I don't personally see happening tbh, but I'll definitely say that, conceptually, it's a neat idea.

• Upvote 2
  • Whitey locked this topic