In Game Rank: Private-First Class

In Game Regiment: 212th

Ban Details

ban.png.2ca755932d587c3f760db09fc58e4129.png

How long was the ban for: Perma

Which staff member banned you: Frank(?)

What date did the ban occur: 10/05/19

What was the reason for the ban: Staff Dis

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned: A friend of mine got really pissed and made a "hate group" about frank. Later, I was invited to a steam group called FRANK IS GAY, I was given the title of officer and invited 3 people (that I knew), as a laugh, to the steam group. I wrote a single comment about frank and it was in a topic in the steam group asking whats the most retarded frank moment and I said "frank existing".

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance: The ban was a long time ago, I am kind of sorry to frank and I regret my actions (mainly cause I got banned) and I just wanna play some good IG StarWars RP again. I don't know what else to say here.

Edited by Dexoys
  • Thinking 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Upvote 4

For some reason I can't @Frank, but I thought I'd @Welshy because I think he was Tarkin at this time still (unsure if I'm being honest), nonetheless I won't be leaving a decision on this until Frank replies because its one that he is definitely involved with because its directly attacking him.

Opinion is subject to change.

I'm gonna wait until Frank comments but from my point of view, it was a stupid act done by the members in that group chat, although you did comment on it degrading Frank I do think you only meant it as a 'dark joke' but was very unnecessary. Like I said my opinion is subject to change.

6 hours ago, Dirthi said:

I think you're missing the point of the ban. The ban was put in place to punish you for doing something wrong, in this case going after a member of the community. I will not go into the details of the ban but rather the logic surrounding it. With that ban, a reason. With a ban, it usually let's the perpetrator think about their actions, and realize that what they have done is wrong. Most of the time, these bans are a smaller time period, 24 hours, 3 days, etc. With your ban, it's taken 2 months, and it appears you still haven't taken the time to reflect, as your replies clearly state that you are not fully sorry. I have read somewhere that you have tried adding Frank on steam, and used that as an excuse as to why you haven't apologized, yet bragged about not being community banned, still having access to Forums, and coincidentally, a direct system where you can message frank, if you wish to do it privately. My advice, is try level things out with the people you've sought after that has lead to you being banned. Reflect, realize you've made a mistake, admit it was a silly thing to do in the first place, and then make a ban appeal. For now though, -1, subject to change.

Edited by Galle

44 minutes ago, Dexoys said:

I am kind of sorry to frank and I regret my actions (mainly cause I got banned)

You are kind of sorry? This is not a proper apology. You also say that you regret your actions because you got banned. This means that again, you aren't really sorry at all and so I will be leaving a -1.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Vanilla said:

You are kind of sorry? This is not a proper apology. You also say that you regret your actions because you got banned. This means that again, you aren't really sorry at all and so I will be leaving a -1.

I'm just being honest alright? I am sorry to Frank for my actions but that's about it if I want to apologise to him it's be in the dm'd but he doesn't accept my friend requests

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Vanilla said:

48 minutes ago, Dexoys said:

Note, when does not being sorry mean you don't deserve to get unbanned? Just a quick question

29 minutes ago, Helsing said:

When the point of a ban appeal is to show the staff of the server that you understand what you did was wrong, why you wont do it again and prove to them that you deserve to be unbanned and allowed back on the server. If you don't even understand that what you did was something deserving of being apologetic you're throwing your ban appeal in the direction of being declined section pretty much off the bat.

Pretty textbook way to show the community you don't really regret your decision, you just wanna be un-banned.

@Vanilla puts it nicely, -1 from me.

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1

From what I can recollect, you  were apart of the little group of Emerald, Brass, and Snoozy who created   the  "Frank is Gay" Group and tried getting more members to join, this is partially reasons why these members were banned but a main  reason for why you were banned. it is an act of immaturity and the fact that you wont even acknowledge your mistake or that you "are partially sorry" shows me you are still not ready to be let back into the community

18 hours ago, Dexoys said:

The ban was a long time ago,

Id like to point out it dosent matter how long ago the ban was. 

18 hours ago, Dexoys said:

I am kind of sorry to frank

This shows me that you are not sorry and you don't really care what you have done 

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mongo said:

From what I can recollect, you  were apart of the little group of Emerald, Brass, and Snoozy who created   the  "Frank is Gay" Group and tried getting more members to join, this is partially reasons why these members were banned but a main  reason for why you were banned. it is an act of immaturity and the fact that you wont even acknowledge your mistake or that you "are partially sorry" shows me you are still not ready to be let back into the community

If you genuinely want to be unbanned, you would've submitted a sincere apology. On top of that, you've stated that you regret your actions only because you got banned. That questions whether or not, if you didn't get banned would you have regretted your actions? Or is it because you've been banned? Until you own up to your actions, you should not be let back into the community.

1 hour ago, Luigi said:

That questions whether or not, if you didn't get banned would you have regretted your actions? Or is it because you've been banned? Until you own up to your actions, you should not be let back into the community.

I wouldn't cause 1. I said I regret about my actions just cause I was banned and 2. If I wasn't allowed to be in the community I should have been community banned off the forums I have posted content for the community even after I was banned so I can make people smile but I guess I ain't good enough or "I'm too good" to play some goddamn starwars rp.

2 hours ago, Mongo said:

From what I can recollect, you  were apart of the little group of Emerald, Brass, and Snoozy who created   the  "Frank is Gay" Group and tried getting more members to join

Don't diss my friends like that and lumping Snoozy with those 2. Snoozy got pissed off at Frank and decided to go make fun of Frank without (according to Sky) "witch hunting" and I joined as a laugh. "But you joined the group well aware of your actions and proceeded to bully, harass and attack Frank" I know what I was doing but I didn't think of the possible future of getting caught and now I'm in this position where I'm supposed to publicly apologise to Frank even though I want to apologise face to face and also I really don't care. I know some people will crucify me for saying I don't care, and I really don't care about this situation anymore, people will call me "immature and rude" just cause of my general view on life now I just want to move on. I even got told by a certain staff member I would be suspended cause I'm trynna "incite drama" and "acting childish" for joking around. This community takes itself too seriously when it needs to be and sometimes punishes those with negative or neutral standing with the populus. I'm really trying hI'msorry for frank still like I said this 1 billion times before but noone would, including Frank, care that I'm sorry and think I'm lying (yes i know, it's based off what I said before).

• Downvote 3
  • Upvote 2

If frank actually wants an apology, he should be the one to friend me on steam this time

i know you guys want me to be the big man and speak to frank but he wont accept my friend requests so i will wait for him to come to me. if he doesnt then whats the point of being sorry if he himself wont go out and seek out my word.

Edited by Dexoys
  • Thinking 2
  • Downvote 7

11 minutes ago, Dexoys said:

If frank actually wants an apology, he should be the one to friend me on steam this time

i know you guys want me to be the big man and speak to frank but he wont accept my friend requests so i will wait for him to come to me. if he doesnt then whats the point of being sorry if he himself wont go out and seek out my word.

So you're telling me, you went out of your way and joined this group which attacked Frank, but you want him to make all the effort to get an apology from you for something you did? Apologise in public, what you did was in public, so the apology should be public.

On this note, after all these replies and the way you've shown yourself, I'll be leaving a -1 on this appeal. Own up to your actions or stay banned mate.

• Upvote 4

• Advisor
8 minutes ago, Dexoys said:

I wouldn't cause 1. I said I regret about my actions just cause I was banned and 2. If I wasn't allowed to be in the community I should have been community banned off the forums I have posted content for the community even after I was banned so I can make people smile but I guess I ain't good enough or "I'm too good" to play some goddamn starwars rp.

Don't diss my friends like that and lumping Snoozy with those 2. Snoozy got pissed off at Frank and decided to go make fun of Frank without (according to Sky) "witch hunting" and I joined as a laugh. "But you joined the group well aware of your actions and proceeded to bully, harass and attack Frank" I know what I was doing but I didn't think of the possible future of getting caught and now I'm in this position where I'm supposed to publicly apologise to Frank even though I want to apologise face to face and also I really don't care. I know some people will crucify me for saying I don't care, and I really don't care about this situation anymore, people will call me "immature and rude" just cause of my general view on life now I just want to move on. I even got told by a certain staff member I would be suspended cause I'm trynna "incite drama" and "acting childish" for joking around. This community takes itself too seriously when it needs to be and sometimes punishes those with negative or neutral standing with the populus. I'm really trying hI'msorry for frank still like I said this 1 billion times before but noone would, including Frank, care that I'm sorry and think I'm lying (yes i know, it's based off what I said before).

Not once in there is there any diss towards your friends nor did he imply any diss towards your friends, you also 

This is what helsing stated and i believe what he writes is right on the point:

"When the point of a ban appeal is to show the staff of the server that you understand what you did was wrong, why you wont do it again and prove to them that you deserve to be unbanned and allowed back on the server. If you don't even understand that what you did was something deserving of being apologetic you're throwing your ban appeal in the direction of being declined section pretty much off the bat."

You only regret this because you got caught, not your actions themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Bailey said:

So you're telling me, you went out of your way and joined this group which attacked Frank, but you want him to make all the effort to get an apology from you for something you did? Apologise in public, what you did was in public, so the apology should be public.

On this note, after all these replies and the way you've shown yourself, I'll be leaving a -1 on this appeal. Own up to your actions or stay banned mate.

well you see i didnt really go out of my way to join that group and plus ive tried to apologise to him but i never found time to. Also "apologise in public", (not to throw shade or start drama) would you have apologised to Snoozy after your quick diss to him and say that to 2 people having a fight in chatbox right after someone else says to take it to the dm's? of course you wouldn't, you are changing your opinion for this thread. Also yes, I am owning up to my actions its just you don't interpret it like I am, you paint me as the bad guy for this thread. stick with your opinion. good day.

• Downvote 3
  • Upvote 7

I think you're missing the point of the ban. The ban was put in place to punish you for doing something wrong, in this case going after a member of the community. I will not go into the details of the ban but rather the logic surrounding it. With that ban, a reason. With a ban, it usually let's the perpetrator think about their actions, and realize that what they have done is wrong. Most of the time, these bans are a smaller time period, 24 hours, 3 days, etc. With your ban, it's taken 2 months, and it appears you still haven't taken the time to reflect, as your replies clearly state that you are not fully sorry. I have read somewhere that you have tried adding Frank on steam, and used that as an excuse as to why you haven't apologized, yet bragged about not being community banned, still having access to Forums, and coincidentally, a direct system where you can message frank, if you wish to do it privately. My advice, is try level things out with the people you've sought after that has lead to you being banned. Reflect, realize you've made a mistake, admit it was a silly thing to do in the first place, and then make a ban appeal. For now though, -1, subject to change.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Dirthi said:

Dirthi sums it up well. I will be leaving a -1.

9 hours ago, Dirthi said:

-1 Until I can see genuine change and realisation of your actions.

• Advisor
5 hours ago, Imposing said:

Holy sh*t.... In all the times I check up on this community this is by far one of the most stupidest posts I've read...

Since day one this community has had its fair share of problems and hate from little ungrateful nerds like yourself who expect this and that with almost 0 understanding to what actually goes on behind the scenes or how much work actually goes into creating a community for all to enjoy free of charge and which is then moderated by people who give up their time to be there to help you they don't get paid for what they do but instead they get the satisfaction of just being there and helping, providing the server with what it needs to move forward as a community.

Just by reading your ban appeal I can already tell you expect to be unbanned, Why? why should we unban a rude ungrateful immature child if you cant even be bothered to put 5 minutes worth of effort into a ban appeal of which is an apology to the community and staff who run this server, you literally join a hate group to hate someone who is providing you a chance to play the server to even begin and you cant even be bothered show remorse for what you did nor do you even care enough to apologize and take responsibility for what you did clearly down-playing and brushing off your actions Its appalling.. 

You state multiple times that you do in-fact "Own up" or "Take responsibility" for what you did and yet you cant even find the time to put some effort into this appeal or even find time to apologizing to frank.. your every reply since posting this contradict your words from the previous reply... you also then go on to say "If I wasn't allowed to be in the community I should have been community banned off the forums I have posted content for the community even after I was banned" If I was still around for this situation I would've community banned your ungrateful ass.. from what it looks like the management team had hopes for you to become a reformed community member after an extended break on the bench you say multiple times "Its been a long time" all over your post and yet you still haven't properly thought about what you did..

You also state that "This community takes itself too seriously when it needs to be and sometimes punishes those with negative or neutral standing with the populus." This server from day one has been serious and believe me I know more then anyone being serious all the time gets tiring and boring but as soon as you connect to our "Serious RP Server" its 99% super serious and its like that to give the community a better roleplay experience.

I may not be management anymore but I thought I would give my two sense on your ban appeal as I was usually considered back in my time as the nice one considering I gave so many people such as yourself chances even more than the so called "second chance" All of those people I gave these chances to all had one thing in common.... they were actually remorseful for what they did most of which even sat on the bench for 3x longer than you have because most of them knew what they did was wrong and did not expect to be unbanned rather they asked for our forgiveness and requested to move forward.

You know whats great? even though they know what you did this community is still wanting or hoping for you to see the better side of you and give you that chance even after your appalling attempt on this appeal. Even after everything you are still expecting this and that... YOU did wrong and EXPECT for frank to go and seek out an apology from you...

You certainly do not deserve an unban and you'd be lucky in my books to even be allowed to stay around in this community... but hey I don't make the decisions around here anymore so you might scrape away a lucky little boy but you best grow up quickly..

I wish you luck..

Sincerely Imposing,

With this, 

DENIED

REAPPLY AGAIN IN 6 MONTHS AS IMPOSING HAS STATED YOU ARE NOT READY TO COME BACK AND YOU SHOULD TAKE MORE TIME TO REFLECT ON YOUR ACTIONS

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 4

• Wolf locked this topic