Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wolf

Forum Suggestions (Colouring for new template)

Post below what you think would look good for this type of forums look.

• Angry 1

I feel like we definitely need a blue honestly, we're very new to blue and a lot of our titles, as well as our profile pictures and aesthetics are based on the blue, on top of this, on the right side of the screen with the gametracker, that's quite blue as well and looks sorta trash in comparison to the red, I really would like to see a light blue or a dark blue like we had.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheNegotiator said:

I prefer dark theme to be honest, bright colours usually create eye sores.

Agreed, dark theme is very soothing on the eyes 

I'm on phone, but I like this theme. Maybe make it blue instead of red though, unless you plan on turning the IG Logo red?

Since I usually hop on forums for like 12-1am, like Aly said, no bright colours yo. Also I only use mobile and the boxes will need to be widened to fit the stupid resolution of my 720 phone haha. Once these two things are fixed and some aesthetics, this could be really neat, definitely some more ups than downs

For all time this community has been Blue and White... unless we fully convert to this Faceit Template and Red/Black, we need some blue up in here.

I love the bigger profile pics and especially the icon showing how far you're down the page instead of a scroll slider, but I personally think the extra red squares over the post count on topics and the topics themselves on the right side of the home screen need some tweaking. Little things, I know, but it all comes together in the end. I think getting rid of these double square outlines would look much more cleaner and the size of the topics on the right side should be made bigger to compensate for the lack of a scroll slider, so that they can more easily be seen. Also, the avatars in the chatbox definitely need to be sized up as well, as well as the text on topics be brightened for better contrast against the dark background.

But overall, I love this. I really like the extra information that is presented on topics, whether it be what number profile you are, amount of days won, etc. The only thing that I think could be improved on that regard is the amount of reputation somebody has should be more pronounced, as it's wasn't immediately obvious to me what Prestige meant and it's tiny in comparison to the IG badge you're given for your reputation. Also the reputation displayed on your profile is very harshly coloured; bright lime green against a dark backdrop.

Also, I love the fact that pictures in signatures no longer have a border on them, which allow for very flush signature designs and overall better presentation in topics and signatures.

With the correct blue colouring added, I would definitely highly approve of this, or even better, customisable colours, with blue being the default! Nice work!

Edit: Another thing I've noticed, which links back to the bigger profile pics, is that the forums overly compress the pictures to the point where even the highest quality png looks like a blurry mess. It would be really good if you could tweak that.

Edited by SCHEFF
  • Upvote 2

Everyone is replying with a change to Blue which is what I thought at first as well. A lot of people would say that it would flow due to the designs also being blue. Although all of the logos and banners with the blue were good I’m pretty sure they are old. The server doesn’t really have a colour any more so it’s hard to say... But I would suggest warm colours or just shades of Grey.

Edited by Kamelieon

3 minutes ago, Kamelieon said:

Everyone is replying with a change to Blue which is what I thought at first as well. A lot of people would say that it would flow due to the designs also being blue. Although all of the logos and banners with the blue were good I’m pretty sure they are old. The server doesn’t really have a colour any more so it’s hard to say... But I would suggest warm colours or just shades of Grey.

Our image has always been blue, it's an old tradition. As soon as I saw a red version of our logo and the way the forums look as they do now, it feels way too alien. The only reason the content pack has a red background to it is because the Clone Wars server in turn had a blue background.

I'd say add Blue to it and keep the theme of it darkish then it would be perfect for IG since most of our logos and main colours are blue, the darkness also helps peoples eyes and stops eye soreness keeping people on the forum for longer. I like the old traditions it brings back great memories and really reminds me of where we are. 

Edit - I was here for the theme change but didn't see this post so I'm putting this here for before ;) 

Edited by Wombatiacus

There was too much on my screen with the new template. It was cluttered and unorganised. The bar on the left with all the options I think should be able to be opened and closed. That’ll clear up the screen.

• Upvote 1

Keep it in theme with the logo*, so I would say, dark, orange, possibly blue? 

* forums logo 

In my honest opinion, Red and Black is a little too edgy for me, kinda like a 12 year old kid in a flame print button up shirt.

Dark grey with blue and white accents looks clean and nice without looking as try hard imo, black and red is so played out

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

In my honest opinion, Red and Black is a little too edgy for me, kinda like a 12 year old kid in a flame print button up shirt.

Dark grey with blue and white accents looks clean and nice without looking as try hard imo, black and red is so played out

Agreed, the IG Community is well adapted/comforted with the primaries as Dark Grey and Blue. It's been something people have always found visually pleasing.

• Upvote 1

Dark Theme is always the best choice IMO especially since most of the time I have this open is while I'm playing at night. 
Blue and Purple sound dope, maybe a function where you can switch the colours of the site from a light theme to a dark theme, that way you can create two colour schemes if you wanted.

The current template is good, so I would probably add more colour to it. Make certain pages for imperial rp have blue in it and other pages for santos have ..... other colour in it? (haven't played santos yet). Chats and that can maybe have individual colours and users could set a colour for their profile page.

I dunno man I just work here.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.