Naval Turbolazers

Hi there, I am part of Naval and have been very interested in the space battles which we have occasionally. At the moment we have Turbolazers on the ship and we do not utilize them at the moment because they:

a) Provide something for Minges to minge with

b) Destroy enemy ships too easily

c) They are simply too far away to bother with.

I want to suggest that we begin to use the Turbolazers again to provide even more RP, immersion and overall fun to the server. 

By adding Turbolazers it means we can see our rolls fulfill an action such as hitting specific spots along the ship (Bridge, Hangar, Engines) and whether we even hit the ship or not. 

Addressing problems stated above

a) If a minge even finds the Turbolazers (Even I don't know where they are) there is very little they can do with it besides a situational problem where there are no shock/navy on to locate the minge on the Turbolazers.

b) Instead of using the entity of the capital ships we can use the props instead, This means they have infinite HP and can be destroyed whenever the Gamemaster want it to be. 

c) Distance should not be an issue, Especially when we have Comms to communicate over long distances.

I hope this can be considered for future use, This has been discussed within navy and we are interested in using them again as long as managment is on board with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah like Matrix and Ramirez stated, they are in the Sith temple behind props, so it's up to the make maker if he were to make a updated version where the controls are moved to the bridge. So until then I don;t really see how navy are meant to use them.

• Advisor

Also the turbo laser are cheeks like the likelyhood of you actually hitting a full speed fighter is highly unlikely and the field of view is like 5% of the whole ships hull. They're practically useless.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Wingza said:

Also the turbo laser are cheeks like the likelyhood of you actually hitting a full speed fighter is highly unlikely and the field of view is like 5% of the whole ships hull. They're practically useless.

Point defence was never a strong point of Star Destroyers. I'd say it adds to the experience.

But I gotta agree, if the turbolasers were operated remotely from the bridge in a secure, keycarded room (which isn't exactly lore friendly but it fixes so many problems), they could be utilised much more. I love watching them fire upon capital ships when they are used, which is hardly anymore. Lord Trilobite made some odd decisions when he added that whole empty space where the turbolasers are tbh, there are so many ways he could've approached both the turbolasers and the space where the Sith Temple is now.

• Upvote 1

Well originally one of the elevators on the bridge was supposed to connect to the controls for the turbo laser turrets but that more or less has been pushed aside for other issues, plus those guns can lag the server at higher player counts hence we really had only one person who was allowed to use them at one point before he left IG, I do agree that seeing them in action would be great but the other issues would have to be worked out first.

The server dose not have much control over the map development we can make suggestions as a server to Lord Trilobite about the placements of the turbo laser controls I agree it should be done from the bridge and also there are no problems with the turbo lasers there place is in the sith temple. We used to use them a year and a half ago when where the sith temple was ISB HQ. but also becsue they do lag the server as well. And by memory Tubo lasers didn't do much damage to propped hostile ships.

Edited by Lachlan

Just a few notes, the Turbolasers are cool, agreed, but when there's a lot of people on they can provide lag and have been known to also literally kill everyone on the map if you get unlucky, you can also kill yourself by shooting the bottom of the turbolaser even though you're far away, another note, the turbolasers are hidden in the Sith Temple, which is self-explanatory as to why that wouldn't work either.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Just a few notes, the Turbolasers are cool, agreed, but when there's a lot of people on they can provide lag and have been known to also literally kill everyone on the map if you get unlucky, you can also kill yourself by shooting the bottom of the turbolaser even though you're far away, another note, the turbolasers are hidden in the Sith Temple, which is self-explanatory as to why that wouldn't work either.

This and if we were to get the turbo-lasers to be operational we would either a. move Sith Temple or b. allow excepts which I know the Sith wouldn't be inclined to do. 

If these are similar to the Turbolazers on the venator extensive they don't cause any lag, So as long as it has actually been considered to bring them back and that it's confirmed Turbolazers are the source of the lag then I am happy with the decision.

• Whitey locked this topic