Jump to content

Project: Stardust


Project: Stardust  

105 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we used the current Death Star Map as a rotation map on Thursday?

    • Yes
      98
    • No
      7


Recommended Posts

  • Advisor

Hello Imperial Gaming.

In light of us visiting one of our rotation maps yesterday (Naboo) a couple ideas and thoughts were brought to light throughout the day that @zaspan and I thought we'd look into further.

 

The question is, would you like to see the current Death Star map used as one of our rotation maps?

There are two main reasons why we decided to stop using the current map being;

1. The map creator said he was working on a better version after feedback from different communities,

2. And the main reason being the playerbase always drastically decreased while we were on said map. The two reasons being it felt like you were almost playing a hallway simulator and you seemed to rarely encounter anyone. The second one being events heavily relied of passive RP elements as obviously the Death Star cannot be attacked by rebel forces due to lore.

So we thought we'd ask the community what their thoughts were on the proposed change as that's why we primarily moved back the the Star Destroyer.

Feel free to leave a comment as well as your vote below.

- Cecil and zaspan.

 

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think when placed on the Deathstar for long rotations, it grows quite stale very quickly.

 

However, if it were to only be used for the single day of Thursday I don't see that becoming an issue and would think that it would be a great map for the rotation.

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cecil said:

hallway simulator

LOL So true cause there was like.............. NO JOBS TO DO

Priority of Important people like TI was it all. But yes Death Star would be fun if some new systems that give people something to do would be cool. The quest system is not very fun and is not the type of 'system' I am talking bout.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

I think when placed on the Deathstar for long rotations, it grows quite stale very quickly.

 

However, if it were to only be used for the single day of Thursday I don't see that becoming an issue and would think that it would be a great map for the rotation.

100% of the issue was that we were there for months and mil regs had nothing to do after a while, there are enough different ways to conduct events on the battlestation to use as a rotation map, but it is not suitable as a main map. I think using it as a rotation map once a week or once a fortnight will alleviate the issues we previously had on this map.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with tonberry and sterling 

Using the map once a week can be good for everyone instead of extended periods of time 

I remember we had Navy people putting loa for extended periods of time when we tried the battle station map for about 2 weeks in late 2018 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Death Star? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the Universe? Localised solely in your Garry’s Mod Server?

Yes.

Gimme my Death Star rotation map back, I swear I’m the only one who consistently enjoyed it, I could stay on that map for Months man.

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The Death Star? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the Universe? Localised solely in your Garry’s Mod Server?

Yes.

Gimme my Death Star rotation map back, I swear I’m the only one who consistently enjoyed it, I could stay on that map for Months man.

#Deathstarforlife

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps in order to keep us entertained, have Security incidents, that a specific regiment is directed to respond to? Could be area specific depending on the reg.

Perhaps have more transports land and take off, for logistics or whatever, cause that gives us more to do with unloading, and searching. ISC could also escort the transport in, seeing as the DS is basically a no-fly zone.

I think we just have to up the small active and passive events, in such a large map, to keep more people interested.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be a monthly thing. It could be like a huge training operation where EM's (Or IHC) provide specific tasks or even setup like a circuit of trainings for regiments to participate/compete in.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bailey said:

 

Gimme my Death Star rotation map back, I swear I’m the only one who consistently enjoyed it, I could stay on that map for Months man.

It was fun for us engineers, it constantly gave us good RP 

We got to fire the damn thing 

Twice!

I agree with Bailey 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Delta said:

It was fun for us engineers, it constantly gave us good RP 

We got to fire the damn thing 

Twice!

I agree with Bailey 

Man I had fun there got to trash compact people and fire a giant laser. Building in perma props it was great fun for engineers.

 

Though I'm sure for military regiments IHC can try to devise something more that we can do on the map because it has some good facilities between the hangers, Sim rooms and stuff. Just a matter of trying to make sure people don't get spread out and lost especially given a decent chunk of the player base won't have been there before.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

More than two. I'd do anything to go back and blow up Coruscant a second time. 

On God, blowing that planet up even as a test was so cool.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rad_Cop said:

Just a matter of trying to make sure people don't get spread out and lost especially given a decent chunk of the player base won't have been there before.

Yeah, definitely worth configuring the GPS for the DS map before we return to it, not sure how many people are going to remember their way around since October, let alone all the people who would have never been there (especially since you can't load it in single player to learn your way around!)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

Yeah, definitely worth configuring the GPS for the DS map before we return to it, not sure how many people are going to remember their way around since October, let alone all the people who would have never been there (especially since you can't load it in single player to learn your way around!)

Well if all the old props are still there, there should still be the maps that were there

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kamelieon said:

LOL So true cause there was like.............. NO JOBS TO DO

Priority of Important people like TI was it all. But yes Death Star would be fun if some new systems that give people something to do would be cool. The quest system is not very fun and is not the type of 'system' I am talking bout.

Agreed, there isn't much for military people like STs, attack, defence etc, regiments to do. If we couple implement something the DS would be a good map for a rotation

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't have much issues with the DS map, I do agree that there isn't much to do RP wise outside of simulations and passive but for a day its not totally bad, but also why not just have 2 rotation maps during the week like we used to with Tatooine and Naboo, one on tuesday the other on thursday

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Whitey locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...