Welcome to the Imperial Gaming

Welcome to my forums, full of great members.
Please register if you'd like to take part.

Star Wars Imperial RP

Join our Imperial RP server

Solar

What do you think of shock/riot.

Heya everyone i'm making this post to see what everyone thinks of shock/riot and what we could improve on as a whole.

If you don't know i'm the 2IC of shock troopers and i'm looking to see what we could improve on and make the regiment better then it already is!

Please comment with what you think shock/riot could improve on and what you think of the regiment.

Thanks in advance.

- Solar

• Upvote 4

You guys are good but, please stop tasing people that are standing still

I think you should seek back about a year where Shock and Riot would be more communist, the good times.

Conduct more patrols to show your true power, make some checkpoint dupes and use them more often, go around in groups just asking every person you see for identification and 'just be more security' and make sure our ship is a safe place while being communist!!!!!

I think something about tasers is that people in shock and riot just get hungry to use them, like someone that is AOS'd can just be staandding still and you guys will tase them. Also remind people in shock more often that EC's can't be tased unless given permission by EM

Edited by Kamelieon
  • Upvote 3

Maybe more RP? You guys are basically police so act like police. Conduct searches, make checkpoints try to put more rp into your arrests. Hell you could even set up something similar to a breathalyzer test. What i'm saying is I think that Shock/Riot has huge possibilities for rp. Look at what real police do and try to incorporate that into a SWRP friendly alternative.  just my idea

Also about the thing we tasers. Beside everything that's already been said only use tasers for police reasons as well. it shouldn't be your go-to the second you see an aos always try TALKING if it's a debated case ask questions. It can create more rp for both yourself and the aosed individual. Deescalate the situation and attempt to get them to cooperate. Only when they are running away or acting with hostility you should use tasers.

-Rigidy Ragdig   

Edited by Ragdig
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Max said:

Taser accuracy is uh...lacking sometimes.

*Flashes back to sterling’s video where a shock trooper missed a taser shot twice in a row*

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I keep stepping on the taser boots still on the groundplease . 

Beside that shock are ok 

I wish riot still did more police RP stuff 

Shock and Riot at this point in time remind me of GTA V police. They're far too aggressive (tazing every AOS'd person without giving them a chance to come along quietly), aren't spread around the ship enough to have a constant presence (and therefore be a deterrent to crime) and all of them aggressively hone in on a single AOS case, swarming them, even if it's for a light reason.

I might be exaggerating a bit, but there has been times in this server's history where Shock and Riot have had proper police roleplay as stated above: with checkpoints, random ID checking and not instantly tazing any AOS'd individual. A tazer should only be used if a suspect is fleeing and can't be flanked/blocked by other troopers, because nobody in the real world tazes a suspect who is either submitting to their arrest warrant or isn't moving and therefore won't get away from the police.

Also, and this a reminder to all security, DON'T BE AFRAID TO ID HIGH RANKS. Security are meant to be keeping an eye on ALL people on the ship and making sure they're both legitimate Imperial personnel and don't have an arrest warrant. I'm not saying you should forget somebody has been ID'd the second you turn away from them or exit a secured space, but keep people in check. You may be scolded by high ranks for wasting their time (in-RP) but it's a necessity. It takes a few seconds to pull out your ID card, show it, and put it back. If people are never approached to show their ID, myself included, they won't do it off their own back as they will want to adhere to what is obviously a lower standard.

(it will also let me show off my amazing ID card PAC)

Edited by SCHEFF
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

I these things need to be improved:

• Tazing people standing still or awaiting arrest
  • Tazing accuracy
  • Tazing people who aren't even AOS but in the way of a pursuit
  • Attitude towards third party members or the captives 
  • Not listening to direct orders from a MJR Gen+ or equivalent 

That's just about it for me, these can easily be improved over time and I hope you do so over time with the training of new shock or riot.

• Upvote 1

Start tracking arrest numbers again, it used to be that every time someone got arrested 5 times in a week they were immediately referred to ISB, I am unsure if this is still happening but I suspect not as I have heard little from SK/RT in regards to operational matters in the last few months.

Also would be helpful if you stopped kicking DT out of the brig. You don't kick out CS or 996th who are partially security regiments (as evidenced by them having cuffs in their loadout) and there is literally no reason to kick DT out, particularly as generally they are only dragging someone in or dragging someone out. ISB and SK/RT are meant to work together but I have heard numerous reports of hostility/non-cooperation lately.

Let me know when you have good numbers online and ISB will conduct taser training on the battlestation that you are welcome, in fact, encouraged to attend.

When I have been arrested as an EC I have noticed a lot of in character abuse when jailed (such as beatings with fists, being called rebel scum, etc). While this is actually fine in character and likely to have actually occurred IMO, be careful not to be caught when doing so.

Also if someone in ISB ID's you please just show ID, we don't argue when we are asked to present ID. It's not powerplaying, it's literally part of our RP and something we do from time to time to troops in any regiment - not us trying to 'flex' on your regiments as has been assumed in the past during routine ID checks.

If you get repeat offenders, people that are difficult to capture or offenders you deem particularly dangerous, hit us on the comms and we will organise a SWAT raid together, it's been ages since we've swatted as a combined security force!

Just a couple of things that come to mind based on observations and discussions with people over the last couple of months

• Upvote 9

Thank you to everyone for being constructive in your criticism, be assured that all suggestions and complaints are taken seriously and will be considered for future SK/RT training and meetings.

Please keep in mind that a bad experience with a individual shock/riot trooper does not necessarily represent the values and attitudes of the regiment as a whole, and any complaints regarding troopers who you feel behaved out of line should be directed to high ranking SK/RT personal for review.

Edited by Theo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ragdig said:

Also about the thing we tasers. Beside everything that's already been said only use tasers for police reasons as well. it shouldn't be your go-to the second you see an aos always try TALKING if it's a debated case ask questions.

I think this part can go with almost all troopers though not just shock and riot. I have noticed a lot of people all around just act overly aggressive towards non-hostile civilians / Event characters. Just try normally talking and directing people while as members of the empire you shouldn't be afraid to show force there is no reason we have to scream at and attack everyone outside of the military as realistically that would make more rebels.

So while this goes double for all security regiments i would expect all troopers to try and talk and de-escalate things rather then trying to use threats and intimidation especially if this goes against the wishes of higher ups such as when we are dealing with VIP's. 

Edited by Rad_Cop
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

When does the 5 Minute timer start. When you enter the brig, the cell, the RFA? In my opinion it should be when the prisoner enters the brig as the time can vary when entering the cell or when the RFA is processed. Some Shock aren't as fast, this means for an unfair time being held. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

When does the 5 Minute timer start. When you enter the brig, the cell, the RFA? In my opinion it should be when the prisoner enters the brig as the time can vary when entering the cell or when the RFA is processed. Some Shock aren't as fast, this means for an unfair time being held. 

When the Prisoner is in the Cell, the time starts.

3 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

• Tazing accuracy

That's just about it for me, these can easily be improved over time and I hope you do so over time with the training of new shock or riot.

This is everything I wanted to say, thanks Wombat, now I don't have to write it all :^)

• Upvote 1

Uhhhhh making Silar CO. Nah but taser training, when someone gets AoSd second or third time in a week you could give them like a heavy lecture. Honestly down to management/IHC if you could extend time like how ISB does the if they're inactive then add more time rule in re-eds. Honestly feel for you guys though since 5 minutes can't change anything, so you just have to write names, Comms in, document then they're out.

• Tongue 1

3 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

• Tazing accuracy

My main problem is the Tazing when people are surrendering and replying with the excuse you COULD runaway. I feel like it's Failrp because in real life if someone is standing still you don't tazer them you crash tackle them to the ground. Give people warnings such as "Warning 1 | 2 | 3 | Stop or We'll use Force!" before tazering.

• Upvote 3

Tasers:

I have been in so many situations where I was attempting to arrest a criminal/civ and so was a SK/RT and they did not use their tasers, they just proceeded to chase the criminal/Civilian with their Red Cuffs. That was not apart of any training during my time in Riot {Captain Yuri}, I'm not sure if this is an issue where they get so far into the situation they forget they have a taser but I thought that this was something that needs to be worked on.

General Behavior/Maturity/Decision Making:

There have been times where I question how troopers in the past have been able to continue as their role in SK/RT, for example, a member of Shock that attempted to bribe a trooper set to guard a restricted area by a general, and when confronted about bribing the trooper, they declined and fled. There have also been instances of SK/RT Troopers cuffing or tasing the wrong criminals. They have also been seen not listening to other peoples stories/reasons for doing what they did resulting in the AOS. 

ID Checks/Checkpoints:

I can see the need for Checkpoints during events to determine any possible infiltrators, spies, rebels or unwanted entities aboard the ship that doesn't contribute to FailRP/Metagame by it being set up after a defcon change or a sighting of a suspected hostile aboard the ship. But if the SK/RT Troopers are going to put up their checkpoint that has two entrances/exits to the area they have the checkpoint set up at and they do not block off the other entrances/exits with either a checkpoint of a wall to the area that isn't considered prop block due to there being another possible entrance. ID Checks are a different story unless the event mode/Unknown Player | Unknown Regiment | Unknown Health | Unknown Name, because I will refuse to present my ID if we are under Defcon 4 or there is no need for you to check my ID, I will either inform you to back away or present you with a google document ID with all my valid information on it that can't be taken in character.

You can question any part of this as you like if you need clarification or it to be expanded.

Edited by Yuri

4 minutes ago, Yuri said:

Tasers:

I have been in so many situations where I was attempting to arrest a criminal/EC and so was a SK/RT and they did not use their tasers, they just proceeded to chase the criminal/Civilian with their Red Cuffs. That was not apart of any training during my time in Riot {Captain Yuri}, I'm not sure if this is an issue where they get so far into the situation they forget they have a taser but I thought that this was something that needs to be worked on.

Tasers can't be used against event character's tmk

3 minutes ago, Marsh said:

I'm out of reactions for the day but assume I upvoted this

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yuri said:

I was attempting to arrest a criminal/EC and so was a SK/RT and they did not use their tasers, they just proceeded to chase the criminal/Civilian with their Red Cuffs.

We are not allowed to taze event characters unless given permission by the event master (which never happens)

a member of Shock that attempted to bribe a trooper set to guard a restricted area by a general, and when confronted about bribing the trooper, they declined and fled.

If this EVER happens gather evidence and send it to a shock/riot HR such as myself and we will deal with them swiftly.

I will refuse to present my ID if we are under Defcon 4 or there is no need for you to check my ID

Doing so will result in an aos on yourself so i suggest just taking the time to show your ID and move along. 

Another thing is that a shock/riot sergeant+ are allowed to randomly ask someone for ID without reason.

2 hours ago, Marsh said:

Meant to put civilians. I even edited it but it didn't change it from EC

20 minutes ago, Yuri said:

Meant to put civilians. I even edited it but it didn't change it from EC

I see. Then I agree. Although, I am not sure about civilians either to be honest

Edited by Marsh

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.