Hawkeye Pierce | Trial Moderator Application

Before Applying did you end up deciding to look as some of the past applications, Accepted and Rejoect, as a point of reference? This method I thought, for at least me, helped me move forward more than the specific rules. I think the reason the Rules can't really explain minimum and maximum word requirements is because it is kind of a, 'read between the lines' situation. One line/sentence answers for some of the more indepth questions are supposed to be a negative stigma for many of the people apply. Many people tend to realize that the Community not only judges you by the way you act ingame, but the way you can articulate yourself on the page. If all you can explain about yourself, what you think strengths, weaknesses, places to improve, things that make you different, what you want to do, and where you come from, on sentence answers to the set questions, the perception is that, one hasn't properly thought about the application itself. So how would they Apply the experience they say they have in one sentence, to almost everyday, and situation they would have as a staff member. Even after achieve a rank, you must know that you are still earning it. Basically if you can't do proper research and read through the lines for an application, how are you gonna read between the lines with a rule break confrontation.

Now yes you may know you are up to the job, but the point of applying is acknowledging that you want to upskill to this position, and demonstrated in worded format that you are ready for the Head Community of Staff to accept your app. Do you know you can write an acceptable application, "No, not entirely" but you are atleast confident, and you will put in great effort to improve your chances. You will follow proper Forums rules, follow Application formats, check your spelling, Make sure what you write on screen is how  you truly act ingame, and whats better you can can look at the previous answer for the test, who go through. You can ask people in the community about application techniques, following by example, and once you feel confident enough that you have wrote something truly glorious, you will "Submit Topic".

You won't need to edit, because you checked your spelling, proper application format for the right Steam ID. You will have made sure that even look at other applications you did not copy anyone's work (not saying you did). And after that the comments from it, shall be very useful, bcoz goddamn the senior members in this community are incredible, almost harshly honest (obviously some more than others/about different things). 150% is what it takes, and if it doesn't get accepted right away like some of them, unlucky submit timing (they decide on them in batches sometimes). I think it's If nothing has been posted on it in 2 weeks, you can advertise it once, but other than that, never ever advertise. The bricks end up falling, and the road appears to be going to a rejected application, depending on how close it was to the other way, a Time will be set, untill you can re-apply, hold a positive outlook and your chances will hold well. 

The best way to really up your game, for a lot of people, is positively, or loudly calling out the proper RP involved in the serious setting of the "Outside of event hours."   Examples of this includes a loud and broad Trooper Influence of "Admiral on Deck! Salute!". Things like these are in eternal need, and the more troopers that acknowledge their confidence to do them the better. "Too many people in the middle of the hall way, General turns the corner." It will be your voice he hears, Actioning (not ordering) the troopers of best practices, informing them the the General is coming, and that you all need to stand on the walls, and Salute. You do it, others do it, everybody wins.

To be honest bro, I don't mean to offend you, you can make your own decisions online, but it kinda looks like you've fumbled the ball a bit, this server ain't a democracy, far from it. There is a large bustling SWRP community out there, bad luck you didn't properly enjoy your time on OCE's biggest server, I guess this is where you part ways with all of us then?

Good Luck bro, remember to learn from your experiences, and take on a positive outlook with strong tolerance where ever you go.     (~*~)

Edited by -CML- [IG] Divisionary

Disrespect to players on the forums.

Childish Behaviour.

Unacceptable.

Very little time of the server.

Lots of experience but by the way your acting it is questionable...

Cant Take criticism.

If it were up to me, you would be denied... 

and hopefully banned.

if you want this place to be what you call a "good" community

(Which, in my opinion, i think it is)

LEARN HOW TO BE A RESPECTFUL AND NICE MEMBER.

Then you may see change.

Edited by Fox/Footloose
7 hours ago, -CML- [IG] Divisionary said:

Before Applying did you end up deciding to look as some of the past applications, Accepted and Rejoect, as a point of reference? This method I thought, for at least me, helped me move forward more than the specific rules. I think the reason the Rules can't really explain minimum and maximum word requirements is because it is kind of a, 'read between the lines' situation. One line/sentence answers for some of the more indepth questions are supposed to be a negative stigma for many of the people apply. Many people tend to realize that the Community not only judges you by the way you act ingame, but the way you can articulate yourself on the page. If all you can explain about yourself, what you think strengths, weaknesses, places to improve, things that make you different, what you want to do, and where you come from, on sentence answers to the set questions, the perception is that, one hasn't properly thought about the application itself. So how would they Apply the experience they say they have in one sentence, to almost everyday, and situation they would have as a staff member. Even after achieve a rank, you must know that you are still earning it. Basically if you can't do proper research and read through the lines for an application, how are you gonna read between the lines with a rule break confrontation.

Now yes you may know you are up to the job, but the point of applying is acknowledging that you want to upskill to this position, and demonstrated in worded format that you are ready for the Head Community of Staff to accept your app. Do you know you can write an acceptable application, "No, not entirely" but you are atleast confident, and you will put in great effort to improve your chances. You will follow proper Forums rules, follow Application formats, check your spelling, Make sure what you write on screen is how  you truly act ingame, and whats better you can can look at the previous answer for the test, who go through. You can ask people in the community about application techniques, following by example, and once you feel confident enough that you have wrote something truly glorious, you will "Submit Topic".

You won't need to edit, because you checked your spelling, proper application format for the right Steam ID. You will have made sure that even look at other applications you did not copy anyone's work (not saying you did). And after that the comments from it, shall be very useful, bcoz goddamn the senior members in this community are incredible, almost harshly honest (obviously some more than others/about different things). 150% is what it takes, and if it doesn't get accepted right away like some of them, unlucky submit timing (they decide on them in batches sometimes). I think it's If nothing has been posted on it in 2 weeks, you can advertise it once, but other than that, never ever advertise. The bricks end up falling, and the road appears to be going to a rejected application, depending on how close it was to the other way, a Time will be set, untill you can re-apply, hold a positive outlook and your chances will hold well. 

The best way to really up your game, for a lot of people, is positively, or loudly calling out the proper RP involved in the serious setting of the "Outside of event hours."   Examples of this includes a loud and broad Trooper Influence of "Admiral on Deck! Salute!". Things like these are in eternal need, and the more troopers that acknowledge their confidence to do them the better. "Too many people in the middle of the hall way, General turns the corner." It will be your voice he hears, Actioning (not ordering) the troopers of best practices, informing them the the General is coming, and that you all need to stand on the walls, and Salute. You do it, others do it, everybody wins.

To be honest bro, I don't mean to offend you, you can make your own decisions online, but it kinda looks like you've fumbled the ball a bit, this server ain't a democracy, far from it. There is a large bustling SWRP community out there, bad luck you didn't properly enjoy your time on OCE's biggest server, I guess this is where you part ways with all of us then?

Good Luck bro, remember to learn from your experiences, and take on a positive outlook with strong tolerance where ever you go.     (~*~)

well i have to say you have probably been the nicest person from this community that ive met so hats off to you. but tbh when i first wanted to apply i didnt want to bullshit the server. The server was actually not half bad so when it came time to writing my app i put in the truth, i wasnt gonna put in some stupid shit that all players do when they apply for staff like "i wanna be staff cos when staff arnt on there are alot of mingers and i wanna help out and catch all the baddies" crap. what i put on there was my honesty everyone else chewed it up and spat it out like it wasnt even there. so no i didnt look at other apps cos i didnt need to, i;d thought people would actually think before replying. 

5 hours ago, Fox/Footloose said:

Disrespect to players on the forums.

Childish Behaviour.

Unacceptable.

Very little time of the server.

Lots of experience but by the way your acting it is questionable...

Cant Take criticism.

If it were up to me, you would be denied... 

and hopefully banned.

if you want this place to be what you call a "good" community

(Which, in my opinion, i think it is)

LEARN HOW TO BE A RESPECTFUL AND NICE MEMBER.

Then you may see change.

mate as ive already said above this app is already rejected so why bother -1ing it? 

• Downvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...