• SteamID32:
    STEAM_0:0:42576905
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    Lieutenant [AC] ARC-50 'Maxine’
  • Time Played Imperial RP:
    1W | 4D | 22H
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
  • Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    N/A
  • Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    N/A
  • Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    Yes,
    Moderator (x2): Imperial Gaming - 2016 (2-4 months) | 2017 (2-3 months)
    Administrator: Empire Gaming - (late 2017 - 2018) 6-? Months (Unsure specifically)
  • What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
    Moderators on any server are to ensure that the rules are being followed, and that a sufficient standard of RP is being established. Moderators are put in place to ensure that people remain kind to one other, allowing users to play on the server without suffering from any type of abuse or discrimination, and are also there to help with the future of the server, being picked by the users, for the benefit of the users. Finally, they’re there to ensure that the future of the server will be healthy and to partake in future decisions regarding topics relating to the server
  • Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    I am applying for Moderator as I want to ensure that Imperial Gaming has a future in the SWRP scene and that its players follow the rules, and more importantly enjoy the Roleplay provided by the server and its users. I also wish to become Staff as, many times before, I have found it quite enjoyable, meeting and interacting with new people, talking to people I wouldn't normally and have a say into decisions for IGs future. In the past I have found that the impact I bring to the health of the server further benefits myself as a person, allowing me to grow and develop my skills in both the online world and in real life.
  • What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
    I believe I can bring a very unbiased view of a situation and ensure that Staff situations are dealt with professionally. I also believe I can bring a fresh set of eyes to the team, providing a unique view of situations, coupled together with, and assisting, my 3+ years of experience of playing on and moderating SWRP servers.
  • Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    In accordance with Common Practice, an individual who kills equal to, or more than 3 people for no reason (RDM) is eligible for a week or more ban. For someone who RDMs 3 - 4 people, instantly I would grab their Steam ID, and dependent on my current powers by rank, ban them for 7 days, or, ask a higher ranking staff to ban them for that period. For 5 or above I would recommend a perma ban. Dependent on if they make an appeal, I would give evidence.
  • Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    Assuming I see it…
    Immediately I would Private message the victim asking them if its just banter, or otherwise bullying. If they state that it is not friendly banter, I would talk to the victim and ask them if its an ongoing issue, and what has been said. I would ask for evidence before talking to the accused. I would verbally warn the accused if I deem it necessary, ie, if I suspect not much damage has been done, and tell them continuation will result in warnings and/or bans. Otherwise if I see that the bullying has made an impact by the victim I would warn the accused (Server side) and then inform them that if they believe that a miss carriage of justice has been performed, they can talk to my superiors with adequate evidence.
    Assuming Its reported…
    I would talk to the accused and the victim, and ask them for evidence. If they do not provide any, I would ask them to send me any evidence from thenon, and talk to the accused. If it continues, I would do as I mentioned prior, determine severity, deal judgement.
  • You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    Considering I have Shadowplay active all the time, I would save the footage of said abuse and send the footage to a rank that is higher than theirs ie Moderator ranks to Admin, Admin ranks to Server Management, Server Management to Community Manager and Community Manager to Owner. If requested to by the higher rank, I would assist in the investigation.
  • Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    Immediately I would suggest to the person that this is a really easy way to get banned and give them a verbal warning, however if the person continues, and sounds quite serious and I deem them a threat / minge then I would report it to the Server Admin staff. Similar to Mass RDM, based on Common Practice, they would be banned for a week or permanent dependent on the situation and certain factors.
  • Terms & Conditions
    Yes
  • Steam Name:
    Red “Mecha-CAT” Spielberg VI
  • Upvote 2

Maxine, I think you're dedicated to the Server and do genuinely want this position, but the problems that keep coming up with you are how you act on the forums and the way you speak to people consistently. Many times I've heard people not wanting to comment on a thread because they're worried you, or another person is going to reply in a negative way to that thread and get blown up on the spot by you and others on the forums that are friends with you now, or were in the past.

Nonetheless, I wanted to neutral this, but I can't put past the fact that you make problems on the forums and on IG Related Discords. If you're able to improve on the forums and attempt to bridge the gap between those who do and don't like you I will happily change my response, but for now, I don't think you're a good fit for the Staff Team due to your controversial nature and the fact that you do have tendencies to get into arguments very easily with a lot of members of the community.

My response is subject to change, good luck with your application.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Maxine, I think you're dedicated to the Server and do genuinely want this position, but the problems that keep coming up with you are how you act on the forums and the way you speak to people consistently. Many times I've heard people not wanting to comment on a thread because they're worried you, or another person is going to reply in a negative way to that thread and get blown up on the spot by you and others on the forums that are friends with you now, or were in the past.

Nonetheless, I wanted to neutral this, but I can't put past the fact that you make problems on the forums and on IG Related Discords. If you're able to improve on the forums and attempt to bridge the gap between those who do and don't like you I will happily change my response, but for now, I don't think you're a good fit for the Staff Team due to your controversial nature and the fact that you do have tendencies to get into arguments very easily with a lot of members of the community.

I won't be supporting this application for the following reasons.

The problem I've seen with you is that you like to create controversy on the forums. I would understand if you called out users for doing something wrong once or twice, but when it is re-occurringly being done by the same user it begins to seem as if you enjoy creating these situations on the forums and within the community itself.

That's not why I'm leaving negative support however. The reason I am leaving negative support is due to the disgusting things you've said on the old RG Discord, saying things like "[Person] is better dead" and other terms that I have not seen you repeat within the Imperial Gaming community. You trolling on the Discord especially your refusal to listen to the Staff members present there is something that I remember distinctly.

An important trait for Staff Members an is keeping consistency between servers. I don't like it when people act a certain way on one community and then a completely different way on another.

If you want to discuss this further you can either respond here or can DM me in private, I don't mind.

I still wish you good-luck in this application and in your future endeavours.

Regards,

Sterling

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Bailey said:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sterling said:

The problem I've seen with you is that you like to create controversy on the forums. I would understand if you called out users for doing something wrong once or twice, but when it is re-occurringly being done by the same user it begins to seem as if you enjoy creating these situations on the forums and within the community itself.

That's not why I'm leaving negative support however. The reason I am leaving negative support is due to the disgusting things you've said on the old RG Discord, saying things like "[Person] is better dead" and other terms that I have not seen you repeat within the Imperial Gaming community. You trolling on the Discord especially your refusal to listen to the Staff members present there is something that I remember distinctly.

An important trait for Staff Members an is keeping consistency between servers. I don't like it when people act a certain way on one community and then a completely different way on another.

If you want to discuss this further you can either respond here or can DM me in private, I don't mind.

Regards,

Sterling

A response filed in PMs

Both positives and negatives have valid points so I will be leaving a neutral. 

• Like 1

Hi Marsh 
Unfortunately I am going to be having to give this application Negative Support

While your application is decent and you have plenty of experience staffing there is a lot more I have seen from the negative side of you than positive I have seen on the forums as Bailey and Sterling mentioned that you prefer to create trouble and respond in a hostile manor to many posts.

However, the biggest problem I can see is like what Sterling and Bailey have said:

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Many times I've heard people not wanting to comment on a thread because they're worried you, or another person is going to reply in a negative way to that thread and get blown up on the spot by you and others on the forums that are friends with you now, or were in the past.

This is downright unacceptable behaviour for any level member of a staff team, if you are literally making someone scared to come to a public place and give their opinion then that is quite honestly a disgusting thing to do. While I haven't had people say this I believe Bailey because of what I have seen you do on the forums in the past. 

My final and probably biggest problem is from what Sterling said

1 hour ago, Sterling said:

due to the disgusting things you've said on the old RG Discord, saying things like "[Person] is better dead" and other terms

This is again absolutely unacceptable for a staff member on any server. Saying things about people like this I assume behind their back as well is unwarranted behaviour of any staff member. Even the people that I truly hate, I would never say that I want them dead, even as a joke.

Edited by Joel
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Joel said:

Hi Marsh 

While your application is decent and you have plenty of experience staffing there is a lot more I have seen from the negative side of you than positive I have seen on the forums as Bailey and Sterling mentioned that you prefer to create trouble and respond in a hostile manor to many posts.

However, the biggest problem I can see is like what Sterling and Bailey have said:

This is downright unacceptable behaviour for any level member of a staff team, if you are literally making someone scared to come to a public place and give their opinion then that is quite honestly a disgusting thing to do. While I haven't had people say this I believe Bailey because of what I have seen you do on the forums in the past. 

This is again absolutely unacceptable for a staff member on any server. Saying things about people like this I assume behind their back as well is unwarranted behaviour of any staff member. Even the people that I truly hate, I would never say that I want them dead, even as a joke.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joel said:

Even the people that I truly hate, I would never say that I want them dead, even as a joke.

The comment was made towards Biggie Smalls, a convicted criminal. This comment was also made over 8 months ago, where my behavior has surely changed. Furthermore Sterling failed to mention that whilst I was saying that he , and his Staff team failed to pick up on , and combat jokes about terrorism. 

Unfortunately I'm going to have to -1 this application due to the reasons stated above in the previous posts. Whilst I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have changed, you had to point out the fact Sterlings previous staff team made a mistake, this simply has nothing to do with this application. While it may be an issue it's not one that should be brought up as it simply is just you pointing fingers. I feel like is an example of what Bailey and others have pointed out about how you present yourself on the forums. On another note I do believe your application is well thought out and written.

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

14 hours ago, Sterling said:

Regards,

Sterling

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Basil said:

Unfortunately I'm going to have to -1 this application due to the reasons stated above in the previous posts. Whilst I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have changed, you had to point out the fact Sterlings previous staff team made a mistake, this simply has nothing to do with this application. While it may be an issue it's not one that should be brought up as it simply is just you pointing fingers. I feel like is an example of what Bailey and others have pointed out about how you present yourself on the forums. On another note I do believe your application is well thought out and written.

Hey Basil,

I agree with the first point, and apologize for being toxic on the forums and is in favour of Bailey's response and have talked to him. Note that the point I made 'pointing fingers' was made to show the double Standards of Sterling. Agreeing with terrorism however NOT the death of an felon. 

Please further note that my behaviour HAS changed, otherwise I would not be applying for a Staff position. 

I here formally apologise for my comments towards Christopher. 

Thanks Basil none the less for the response, and hope you can re consider. 

Obliged, 

Maxine.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Joel said:

Hi Marsh 

With the overwhelming amount of negative votes I would re-consider keeping this application up. You need to mend these relationships and/or your reputation before you are ready for a staffing position.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Joel said:

Hi Marsh 

Everything's already been said. Though I think you could be a good mod in the future you'll obviously have to improve on some stuff. I hope that one day you do become a mod but right now the already stated things will have to be changed.

• Like 1

Those -1s that you sow, so do you reap.
-1, at least until you can restrain yourself on the forums a bit more. Nothing lamer than scrolling through a thread and seeing that it has been derailed and shat all over with downvotes and snide comments. That said, I've seen a huge amount of +1s posted by you just in the last 48 hours, but tbh looks like posturing to me. If you keep the -1s off the forum, within reason (there is a difference between -1ing one post and being known as one of several people who consistently -1 everything), for a reasonable length of time while keeping up the positivity (in a believable and genuine way) I will reconsider my -1.

________________________________________________________________________[EDIT]___________________________________________________________________________

Changing to NEUTRAL as the issues raised in the application comments have indeed been addressed over the past month

Edited by Tonberry
  • Like 1

Bump:

I believe I have acted upon many of the criticisms, and is happily awaiting more advice!

Love,

Maxine.😊

On 7/14/2019 at 7:24 PM, Bailey said:

I agree with this comment in its entirety and believe it accurately represents my stance on this application, unfortunately I will be giving you a -1 due to the reasons Bailey has stated above which I believe are both relevant and important areas of concern.

Regards,

Sully

+1

Maxine has been a great Moderator on IG before and served the community faithfully, I believe certain criticisms of Marsh are correct, yet they strive to improve themselves, especially due to their new commanding position. I highly doubt most of the current staff and or users are proud of their history on the server. But I believe in looking to the future and not living in the past. Criticsing Marsh for leaving -1's on Applications, is not the way to go, you are bashing people for having an opinion.

Certain Community Members see themsleves as "White Knights" - I believe Maxine doesn't show these charecteristics which means they would make a good Moderator. You don't need people to like you, its the internet, you just need to be good at your job which they have proven time and time again

• Upvote 1

Neutral

Currently, i'm not willing to give you a +1, however, you have improved on your behavior both in-game and on the forums quite a bit since your app was posted. Keep it up and stay active and i'll be willing to change to a +1. You're on the right track.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this