Imperial Gunners Addition

Vote  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be Added?

• +
    • -

@Cecil @Kumo

To Start off,

| I would like to propose a Request of a Program/Pilot License to allow Engineers to sit in the Gunner seat of a Drop ship to provide air support.

| This will allow more event action for Navy Engineers as they would be more useful in a fight and can provide air-support for troopers.

| I will say that if this was added to be Induction Program or a Test for Engineers to acquire this Role, It must be a CL2+ to be seated in the Seat as the Low Ranking Engineer may be deemed untrusted until they show their importance in Engineers.

| PilotsIHC - Engineer CO/2IC - Navy can hold a test for Engineers.

| Reason Can be as Pilots and IHC and Navy have Authority over Air Control and Vehicles.

IHC are included as their role of controlling AT-AT  AT-ST  AT-DP for Support would become not as useful.

Engineer CO/2IC are included because they're more experienced at the Job than others.

| A tag can be added to the Key Card designated as [DSG] - Drop Ship Gunner

Thank you for taking your time to Read this and Hopefully it can be Introduced into the Server

Reference: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Imperial_gunner

Edited by AquaRicky
  • Upvote 4

I personally think this job should be left to the Pilots / Engineers. 

Assuming they do their job during events, what will they do on ship? 

In my most humble opinion, it should be added to an existing (or new) Pilots licence, however restricting it to Pilots and Engineers. 

Very good suggestions, however I don't believe a full regiment is required.

Good idea!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Marsh said:

I personally think this job should be left to the Pilots / Engineers. 

Assuming they do their job during events, what will they do on ship? 

In my most humble opinion, it should be added to an existing (or new) Pilots licence, however restricting it to Pilots and Engineers. 

Very good suggestions, however I don't believe a full regiment is required.

Good idea!

^

Like what Marsh has said, I personally think it should be left to the pilots and engineers to do so. Many events do not incorporate dropships so the sub-sub regiment will be waiting a fair bit for the gunner seat.

Sub Reg for engineers Would be Nice

Or we Just Get the Models We had from back when the Ds Map came out 

I like the idea of adding it to the pilot's license, I don't know about a Sub-Regiment for the Engineers though, it just seems unnecessary.

I personally disagree with this sub regiment and even as a role. I think it's basically useless as pilots and engineers do it anyway. If you want to be a gunner, just ask. You don't need to have a special tag on your id or a sub regiment.

Just to Back up I said   OR   So it doesn't have to be a Sub Regiment but it can be just a Pilot License.

Also added a Poll

Edited by AquaRicky

If you want to be a gunner for a dropship all you need to an NPL and for the pilot to be fine with it, not complicated.

3 minutes ago, Sky said:

If you want to be a gunner for a dropship all you need to an NPL and for the pilot to be fine with it, not complicated.

But for an Engineer Sergeant (or Possibly all engineers) to have access to the gunner seat no matter what as Imperial Gunners are an ISC sub regiment but I would like them to not be a sub regiment but rather a Pilot License so it makes more sense to the reference link

30 minutes ago, AquaRicky said:

But for an Engineer Sergeant (or Possibly all engineers) to have access to the gunner seat no matter what as Imperial Gunners are an ISC sub regiment but I would like them to not be a sub regiment but rather a Pilot License so it makes more sense to the reference link

As far as I know ISC is the only military regiment that allows you to have a pilot's license before Officer Cadet, even Navy have to get the equivalent - So why should Engineer's be different?

17 hours ago, Sky said:

As far as I know ISC is the only military regiment that allows you to have a pilot's license before Officer Cadet, even Navy have to get the equivalent - So why should Engineer's be different?

Because it Would allow Engineers to get involved on possible Offship or Onship Prop Planet rather than just place props all the time for defence so they dont die

Edited by AquaRicky

46 minutes ago, AquaRicky said:

Because it Would allow Engineers to get involved on possible Offship or Onship Prop Planet rather than just place props all the time for defence so they dont die

Government personnel, Naval personnel, and ISB Agents all suffer from the same thing, they are able to participate with the weaponry as part of their kit or have happily accepted their position, and really isn't that the point of the engineers? To be a supporting regiment.

Hey Aqua!

Thanks for your suggestion. Zaspan and myself are currently looking into the viability of the new license and will discuss the idea with the necessary parties before reaching our final conclusion.

-Cecil

• Upvote 3