Welcome to the Imperial Gaming

Welcome to my forums, full of great members.
Please register if you'd like to take part.

Star Wars Imperial RP

Join our Imperial RP Server

Star Wars Imperial RP

Join our Imperial RP Server

Sign in to follow this  
hypo

hypo's ban appeal

Steam Details

Steam Name: hypo

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32361926

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/thehypo

In Game Details

In Game Name : hypo

In Game Rank: Private

In Game Regiment: Storm Trooper Core | ST

Ban Details

(Insert a screenshot of the ban notice here): https://imgur.com/3LD0pME

How long was the ban for: Permanent Ban.

Which staff member banned you: Kody

What date did the ban occur: 16/2/19 (Approximately 4 months ago)

What was the reason for the ban: Community ban - Breach of unban conditions and alt accounts.

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned:

After Republic Gaming shut down, I was persuaded to join Imperial Gaming after we came on good terms and many members of the community (RG) were unbanned in this re-transfer of members, as a lot of people were being swayed over to connecting to IG again. Some didn’t return, but I was one of the people who decided to make the switch instead of boycotting IG for no reason, since the last time I was on there was about a year ago at that time.

I had a good few days on the Clone Wars server and made some friends, however I did also start getting into a lot of conflicts and disputes with others on the server. Back on Republic Gaming the people I would general speak to are those I have known for quite some time. People in Management that I worked with or close-friends, so when I switched over to Imperial Gaming I didn’t really make that distinction and had quite a few arguments and disputes.

Looking back now, I do really regret those choices and disputes that I made and wish that I would have chosen to migrate like the people who do play on Imperial Gaming now permanently.

There are still a lot of my friends in this community and they seem to enjoy it, so it did lead me to think back on my actions and really wish I had taken another path and reconsidered my approach at that particular time.

I ended up getting banned for breaching the unban conditions because I continuously was getting into arguments with other people in both IC and OOC, and was having a hard-time adjusting to Imperial Gaming’s community and my new role within it.

After this, I felt really angry and took out my anger on those that had swayed me to the server and also on the Staff by coming back on with alt accounts and attempting to bypass the ban. I did however get caught as being on different alt accounts and was banned on my 2 other alt accounts. I was then convinced to stop and leave the community entirely as I did not think I would be accepted or viewed positively as a result of my actions.

After 4 months of being permanent banned, I write this ban appeal with utmost sincerity and regard for Imperial Gaming with a desire to be unbanned and become a member of the community like many of my friends currently are.

I ended up getting banned for breaching the unban conditions because I continuously was getting into arguments with other people in both IC and OOC, and was having a hard-time adjusting to Imperial Gaming’s community and my new role within it.

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance:

I feel like I've matured significantly since the time of my ban. I have continued to speak to people on this server who I knew from RG and they have convinced me into reconsidering my choices that I had previously made.

It also had me think about my actions towards the individuals on Imperial Gaming, and how my actions may have offended or been abusive towards the community members, in a sense that it was not previously interpreted on RG.

I hope to be unbanned so I can prove the sincerity and genuine heart with which I write this appeal, and with the hope that I can become a member of the community and play with those who transferred to this server and have played since the time I was banned 4 months ago.

Also, I would like to apoligise to Whitey, Cody, Sterling and those who had me join IG in the first place. I am dedicated to making it up to you guys and proving that I can be a valuable asset to this community. 

I also apologize to anyone else who was annoyed by my actions a few days after the launch of Clone Wars. I do wish to make it up to you all and show you that I am reformed.

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (28).png

Edited by hypo
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Your reputation in the Star Wars RP community is actually horrid. I've seen you and your friend "Papawade" on multiple servers, crashing, exploiting, being banned and just being a general nuisance. You've also dev'd servers who have horrible reputations, accused of stealing code and such things. I understand that behavior from previous communities shouldn't affect your reputation here, but unfortunately, it does. I just don't see you coming back and taking the server seriously, let alone following the rules.

Sorry but, I don't think my opinion of you will ever change. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SiegeMonkey said:

Your reputation in the Star Wars RP community is actually horrid. I've seen you and your friend "Papawade" on multiple servers, crashing, exploiting, being banned and just being a general nuisance. You've also dev'd servers who have horrible reputations, accused of stealing code and such things. I understand that behavior from previous communities shouldn't affect your reputation here, but unfortunately, it does. I just don't see you coming back and taking the server seriously, let alone following the rules.

The whole reason i made this application was to get AWAY from my past, Just because you and "Papawade" have a bad past doesn't mean i have to be brought into. I've changed, but if people like you can't accept that, I can't really do anything to change your mind. Just because you have a terrible past with "Papawade" doesn't mean you have to bring me down with a personal grudge. You provide little to none actual reason for me to not be unbanned except my "reputation". You also mention that i work on servers that have "stole code", yet you don't mention what, who or when. You seem to think you also understand me by saying "I just don't see you coming back and taking the server seriously, let alone following the rules." When i haven't spoken to, yet seen you in about, what, 2 years? You also say my reputation is "horrid", yet you see me working on a few well credited servers, like it's just a bitttt contradictory.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 6

40 minutes ago, SiegeMonkey said:

Although almost all of these have happened, I do see a subtle change in your behaviour, knowing you, you wouldn't have typed so much on a ban appeal if you didn't mean it, I could be wrong but it does seem pretty truthful. I personally want to have a chat with you to iron out things that friends of mine have said about you and this "Papawade", maybe on discord because I know you can't on Team Speak since you are banned, I can't determine over typing so that's pretty much the only way for me. Not going to lie, the stuff you have done to members of this community and a lot other communities is extremely bad and should have never happened and you seem accepting of that, owning it. I'm going to have to go with NEUTRAL for now until I have a talk with you on Discord, I know you have me on there so no need for me to put in the details. I'll see you then.

Honestly, I think you should be given a chance but not right now, perhaps once you've been banned for six months as knowingly attempting to evade a ban is quite severe. 

6 hours ago, hypo said:

The whole reason i made this application was to get AWAY from my past, Just because you and "Papawade" have a bad past doesn't mean i have to be brought into. I've changed, but if people like you can't accept that, I can't really do anything to change your mind. Just because you have a terrible past with "Papawade" doesn't mean you have to bring me down with a personal grudge. You provide little to none actual reason for me to not be unbanned except my "reputation". You also mention that i work on servers that have "stole code", yet you don't mention what, who or when. You seem to think you also understand me by saying "I just don't see you coming back and taking the server seriously, let alone following the rules." When i haven't spoken to, yet seen you in about, what, 2 years? You also say my reputation is "horrid", yet you see me working on a few well credited servers, like it's just a bitttt contradictory.

With this, i'm going for a Neutral.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:35 AM, SiegeMonkey said:

I stand with Siege here, all i have heard about you is bad things even with the points you bring up its very hard to ignore what you have done, whilst . So i am going to have to drop a -1 due to the fact that i personally dont think its worth the risk of unbanning someone as dangerous as you with you history. Although with that said i feel like it would be far more suitable for you to have you ban reduced instead of outright denied.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:35 AM, SiegeMonkey said:

On 7/5/2019 at 10:21 PM, Bailey said:

This isn't really helpful criticism nor valid. If you had read my response to that quote, you will find that not necessarily all of it is true. To save you the time, i'll just post it here: 

The whole reason i made this application was to get AWAY from my past, Just because you and "Papawade" have a bad past doesn't mean i have to be brought into. I've changed, but if people like you can't accept that, I can't really do anything to change your mind. Just because you have a terrible past with "Papawade" doesn't mean you have to bring me down with a personal grudge. You provide little to none actual reason for me to not be unbanned except my "reputation". You also mention that i work on servers that have "stole code", yet you don't mention what, who or when. You seem to think you also understand me by saying "I just don't see you coming back and taking the server seriously, let alone following the rules." When i haven't spoken to, yet seen you in about, what, 2 years? You also say my reputation is "horrid", yet you see me working on a few well credited servers, like it's just a bitttt contradictory.

•  

On 7/4/2019 at 12:05 AM, SiegeMonkey said:

ill be leaving a NEUTRAL 

+1 for being able to play on the server again.

-1 for being able to apply for a developer position within the community. 

Along with this, a 3 month probation period should be sufficient 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Max said:

Fairo

On 7/15/2019 at 2:52 PM, Max said:

Accepted

Had a chat with Hypo on team speak.

The above quote will be put into place. Hypo guarantees that he will tidy up his reputation and follow all server rules.

If Hypo is warned during his probation. He will be put back on the ban list.

• Upvote 4