So... SantosRP?

Marlu

15 hours ago, Lachlan said:

Also gangs are very OP ATM within 15 days of the server opening the gangs completely run the streets with guns that have one shot kill and more OP 

Gangs are only OP because the players in the gang have grinded days and hrs on end on the server to get in that position, we also don't even use 1 shot kill guns btw.

Edited by Rickle
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rickle said:

Gangs are only OP because the players in the gang have grinded days and hrs on end on the server to get in that position, we also don't even use 1 shot kill guns btw.

This is accurate, the M82 is literally a one shot gun that doesn't get used by us because it feels cheap.

• Downvote 1

To me it just didn't seem like my cup of tea. In terms of player/player interaction it felt like the only interaction was with gangs and people that mug/shoot at you. In my opinion Dark role play had more interaction mainly due to having more jobs available and being able to do the jobs most of the npc's do. While on that subject there are a lot more jobs available/can be created with dark role play and it doesn't require editing of a map to make them viable and I felt that you can do a lot more in dark role play instead of just joining a gang take for instance a common civilian in Santos roleplay it seems you can't really do much but in darkRP if you had the talent for good role play you can do pretty much anything as a civilian like for instance be a civilian consultant or a private investigator or (what I used to do) be a mule for the gangs/mafia as long as its within the rules.

In regards to gangs being overpowered as some have stated I agree with this since they can basically self sustain themselves without needing to interact with anyone in DarkRP you would have to make business dealings with other people in order to get what you wanted like say guns from a gun dealer yes that is what the npc's do but to me it felt more genuine when you got your stuff from players plus there are a lot of them at least in darkRP you can limit the amount of gangs that are available.

All in all I think a good old fashioned darkRP server would do much better than santosRP :)

If i can think of anymore points ill add em to this post.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

Being a legitimate citizen is impossible, especially when squared up against all the criminals and gangs. I thought I would go against the grain and make money entirely through legitimate means, being a bus driver, taxi driver, sales truck driver, all that. The pay is way too low to tackle against the money you can make illegally. If your vehicle gets destroyed, you're out of a job entirely as you can't (de)spawn it. Worst of all, you will be forced to give up large chunks of your money anyway if you're mugged (which happens far too often) or are pulled over by the cops who give out exorbitantly high fines.

You can buy pistols at the gun shop, which is something I very much can get behind, but what I don't agree with is the fact that the police can confiscate my legitimately purchased firearm if they detain or arrest me, setting me back over $6,000 (much more if the sales tax is implemented). It takes forever to get that amount of money through legitimate means.

It should be fun to play both as a citizen and a criminal. Even if a citizen role was boring and tedious, it should at least be a viable option. The server simply isn't balanced. You're basically forced down the route of crime, making this server not SantosRP but instead Cops vs Robbers.

^^ from my 1 hour of game play i have noticed that this is an issue