I know it isn't really my place to make a post like this one however i want to because i want the SantosRP server to become a more enjoyable server for all.

Why are people not enjoying the server?
What makes you, the people not want to play and what makes you want to play?
I personally enjoy this server to its full extent, and love coming back to play it everyday, however the population of the server is on an immediate decline.
I know that it is exam week for most people, however i know that that isn't the main problem.

I honestly want people to respond to this post as truthfully as possible so that it will give people knowledge on how to improve it and to create a better and more enjoyable environment for all players. Put as many suggestions as possible on this topic please.

• Upvote 8

Main reason I don't play anymore is because I found out people were abusing bugs and ruined the economy. It doesn't help when people are overloaded and when cops try to pull them over, they just gat them down, ruining the RP. I know that's the nature of a DarkRP/SantosRP server sometimes but just doesn't click with me. Cops need a buff somehow, or the people who abused the bugs need to be toned down or start new characters. Just my reason though.

Edited by Max
  • Upvote 1

Being a legitimate citizen is impossible, especially when squared up against all the criminals and gangs. I thought I would go against the grain and make money entirely through legitimate means, being a bus driver, taxi driver, sales truck driver, all that. The pay is way too low to tackle against the money you can make illegally. If your vehicle gets destroyed, you're out of a job entirely as you can't (de)spawn it. Worst of all, you will be forced to give up large chunks of your money anyway if you're mugged (which happens far too often) or are pulled over by the cops who give out exorbitantly high fines.

You can buy pistols at the gun shop, which is something I very much can get behind, but what I don't agree with is the fact that the police can confiscate my legitimately purchased firearm if they detain or arrest me, setting me back over $6,000 (much more if the sales tax is implemented). It takes forever to get that amount of money through legitimate means.

It should be fun to play both as a citizen and a criminal. Even if a citizen role was boring and tedious, it should at least be a viable option. The server simply isn't balanced. You're basically forced down the route of crime, making this server not SantosRP but instead Cops vs Robbers.

Edited by SCHEFF
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, SCHEFF said:

Being a legitimate citizen is impossible, especially when squared up against all the criminals and gangs. I thought I would go against the grain and make money entirely through legitimate means, being a bus driver, taxi driver, sales truck driver, all that. The pay is way too low to tackle against the money you can make illegally. If your vehicle gets destroyed, you're out of a job entirely as you can't (de)spawn it. Worst of all, you will be forced to give up large chunks of your money anyway if you're mugged (which happens far too often) or are pulled over by the cops who give out exorbitantly high fines.

You can buy pistols at the gun shop, which is something I very much can get behind, but what I don't agree with is the fact that the police can confiscate my legitimately purchased firearm if they detain or arrest me, setting me back over $6,000 (much more if the sales tax is implemented). It takes forever to get that amount of money through legitimate means.

It should be fun to play both as a citizen and a criminal. Even if a citizen role was boring and tedious, it should at least be a viable option. The server simply isn't balanced. You're basically forced down the route of crime, making this server not SantosRP but instead Cops vs Robbers.

I believe the pay has changed in recent days in regards of legel jobs, I do get where your coming from before police I was a civ all i did was firefighter,tow-truck driver, but also with the new court system which has been just added there can be more RP.

Also a couple of days ago some people wanted 100K for a hostage I was police with a couple of others the issue is Who has the money on the police side to spare 100K and also how come there's no economy system. Like taxes go into the a city vault and police get a cut so therefore with hostage situations we can actually RP them out without going guns blazing every 5 sec so we can RP with hostage situations.

Also gangs are very OP ATM within 15 days of the server opening the gangs completely run the streets with guns that have one shot kill and more OP then what police are allowed to carry and majority of the gangs/civs have done everything with in the server and have money and run out of things to do. The only thing gangs are really doing is illegal stuff in cars and then getting police to chase them and pull them over so then police are getting robbered,killed and held up (fear RP) and hostage ect. There's Alot of police baiting going on. And also there needs to be more RP happing within the server the RP has been more shooty and RP later which really should be RP first Shoot later. Police are getting told not to go lethal and try to do more RP but then we can't really do more RP because were getting shot so much. as well as I feel what @SCHEFF is saying is there needs to be more legal way of making money. As well as not so much shootey more RP dose need to happen within the server and stricter rules and guidelines need to be made. With the new lawyer/judge/attoney system this should help with RP like suing people/taking the government to court but not for stupid reasons actual RP reasons.

And the Rules do need to go more in depth with examples. And it needs to be more of a strict RP server in my opinion not so mingey/trolling because we had people who were coming on from imperial who just trolling/mingy/not really doing RP. And I think that strict RP needs to be inforced more l think that why the player-base is shrinking is also becise it’s not really a RP server I think if we start inforcing a strict RP sever then it might gain a player base of its own but it dose take time to grow a player base and also I think people like more Imperial RP over Santos RP.

Also if we can get gang numbers cut down the currnet gangs according to the rules can have a Max of 12 players but this number should be cut down because with 12 players per gang that is more members then what the police force has right now but also image if all the players were on at once Times the amount of gangs on the server (e.g 3 gangs times 12 members per gnag is 36 so therefore the gangs would rule 55-65% of the server at full capacity if we got the player base every night) (this is very unlikely to happen) also can there be a rule added in stating that gangs cannot be together during a bank  heist/ store robbery or work together. Because if 2 gangs were to work together and one starts the store robbery and the police show up and the other gang that did not started the robbery open fire wouldn’t that count as Failed to dec Because the gang that shoot police are assisting the other gnag with robbery and no dec has been made on police? 

Kind regards,

Lachlan

Edited by Lachlan
  • Thinking 1
6 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

This 

This is why I love scheff 

Also cops ignore hostages 

Just gonna drop that 

7 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

There definitely needs to be more legitimate ways to make money.

SantosRP should involve more RP, but this server doesn't it's more about killing and so it should be named DarkRP that's why I don't enjoy it. Not only That but the police force is not serious enough imo which makes the role play less enjoyable. Furthermore, the constant takinG RP into Ooc whilst in situations makes it extremely un-enjoyable. Also, SantosRP should have a Sense of reality and it just doesn't because of these aspects so changes need to be made in order to make it enjoyable.

• Upvote 2

Santos RP = VDM and RDM Fest

It's literally like a Roman Orgy of shooting, "Drop 5k or you die" and selling drugs cause there is not legit way to make money

Within the first 2 weeks literally 1 gang controlled everything, even though they split into "2 Gangs" they're still the same, with the same motives. There is nothing to do, if you wanted to make legit money, you would make a tiny bit of money and then get robbed for all of it. Get harassed by gangs with bigger and better cars than you. There is no RP - It's just people who want to get away with RDM and VDM - Even staff are in on the action...

Come on Down to IG Santos RP - Where you'll see more toxicity than Chernobyl!

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Auzii said:

SantosRP should involve more RP, but this server doesn't it's more about killing and so it should be named DarkRP that's why I don't enjoy it. Not only That but the police force is not serious enough imo which makes the role play less enjoyable. Furthermore, the constant takinG RP into Ooc whilst in situations makes it extremely un-enjoyable. Also, SantosRP should have a Sense of reality and it just doesn't because of these aspects so changes need to be made in order to make it enjoyable.

I completely agree with you on the constant RP situations that get taken to OOC. 85% of the time you shot or arrest/mug someone, it ends up being a staff sit or some form of OOC discussion/argument which really takes away from the RP flow on the server. I think this is mainly due to the complexity, and lack of rules on the server as they are extremely concrete and if what happened didn’t fall under one of the examples of the rule, it wasn’t covered by that rule when it makes sense that is should.

Edited by pinejack
4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Within the first 2 weeks literally 1 gang controlled everything, even though they split into "2 Gangs" they're still the same, with the same motives. There is nothing to do, if you wanted to make legit money, you would make a tiny bit of money and then get robbed for all of it

I don’t think this is necessarily the problem, just because our gang were dedicated to the game and played a lot in the first week, on top of this, we didn’t rob people that didn’t rob us, that was a rule of “Never dog the boys.”

The split wasn’t our idea either realistically, it was Management’s because we had too many Staff in one gang and couldn’t take our own gangs Staff sits when we were the only ones on.

The RDM and VDM gets sorted with admin claims, like admin claims on ImperialRP, VDM isn’t allowed, period. RDM wise the Server has a lot of killing but it’s mainly between the Cops and the Civilians.

I don’t think your post is the relative reason for the Server’s low population at the moment.

• Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, Bailey said:

we didn’t rob people that didn’t rob us

Strange, cause I can recall three instances of myself being harassed by members of the gang to 'give us five kay or die' when all I was doing is walking around.

10 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

Ontop of this through my experience of playing Mods were harassing me and bending the rules they were suppost to be enforcing which made me develop a disdain for santos.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sky said:

Strange, cause I can recall three instances of myself being harassed by members of the gang to 'give us five kay or die' when all I was doing is walking around.

Well mugging people is still allowed 

And it's not robbing technically 

8 hours ago, Lachlan said:

Because if 2 gangs were to work together and one starts the store robbery and the police show up and the other gang that did not started the robbery open fire wouldn’t that count as Failed to dec Because the gang that shoot police are assisting the other gnag with robbery and no dec has been made on police? 

There is already a rule in place regarding gangs teaming up on police in combat situations.

The 2 main things I've seen people suggesting are that there should be more ways to make money/you should make more money through legitimate means and that the RP in certain areas can be improved upon.

Obviously making and selling drugs is supposed to yield you the most amount of profit due to the high risk that goes along with doing it, but doing legal jobs should also be made worthwhile since the pay used to be way too low. Recently, legal jobs did receive a buff to how much they make per pay so hopefully they're a lot better now (and if they still aren't good enough then they can always be changed again).

In regards to taxes, I too would like to see something being done with them since they currently don't play much of a role. The idea that Lachlan suggested about the taxes going into a city vault and the police getting a cut is sort of interesting to me. For example, let's say an important person such as the police commissioner or mayor gets taken hostage and the person that's captured them wants money for their release, then this gives the police the grounds to negotiate with them and thus create more RP. Perhaps a system could be implemented where all the money from taxes goes into the government in which they can put their money towards certain things, such as the police so they can actually RP out hostage situations with being able to properly provide ransom money. Also, providing the government with money can also give more RP and things to do for someone with the Mayor role, and thus making the role at least a little bit more interesting.

(Maybe the money built up from taxes could be split among the people on the server after a bank robbery has happened to semi-compensate all the people that had lost money in the robbery - idk just a thought) 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Vadrian said:

In regards to taxes, I too would like to see something being done with them since they currently don't play much of a role. The idea that Lachlan suggested about the taxes going into a city vault and the police getting a cut is sort of interesting to me. For example, let's say an important person such as the police commissioner or mayor gets taken hostage and the person that's captured them wants money for their release, then this gives the police the grounds to negotiate with them and thus create more RP. Perhaps a system could be implemented where all the money from taxes goes into the government in which they can put their money towards certain things, such as the police so they can actually RP out hostage situations with being able to properly provide ransom money. Also, providing the government with money can also give more RP and things to do for someone with the Mayor role, and thus making the role at least a little bit more interesting.

Some good ideas here @Vadrian.

5 hours ago, Delta said:

Also cops ignore hostages 

Police try not to ignore hostages but because the reason why is because we don't have any money from the city going into a city vault think of IRL if there was a hostage situation they would get the money from the government to release the hostages but also they would try to save hostages and take the suspect down if they can depending on the situation. so if we could get like some sort of vault that would have money from taxes so there for we could actually RP hostage situations out and create more RP for the server.

3 hours ago, Auzii said:

Also could the rules be more stricter on RP and the server's name should have strict RP in the name. And could civs not get such a buff because of what people are saying there needs to be more strict RP enforce but the rules need to be made more clear with more examples And more rules implement.

police do try to RP when we can depending on the situation. but we are right now understaffed due to not many members coming most members play civ over police but also because of the ratio of police per civ also has something to do with it  3 civs = 1 police so depending on the players on civ at anyone given time the police force is sometimes=majority of the time understaffed due to this rule.

20 minutes ago, Splonter said:

Make it so when someone bails another person from jail, the cops get a cut of the bail money.

very interesting idea   @Splonter. In regards to the bail system when civ's go to jail there gang members just come and bail them out like straight away and then the bailled jail member gose back to doing illegel traffic offense to get police to chase after them and then down the road the gangs members that are in car open fire and kill police because we have declared on them. and players are still baiting police through doing traffic offenses because there've got nothing else to do could we get more things for civs to do added in as well?

Could we get like after a cretin timefram or after a certing amount of unpaid tickets there should be added on to the bail system given to the jailed member. In-regards to the time-frame like after 30 mins no bail can be granted or it cost alot of money to get the person out. And a cut gose the police bank system so when there is a hostage situation we can respond and RP it out. 

11 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

also In regards to mugging players there is a rule in place now i believe that sates that there is a 60 min window to mug the same player and that goes for gangs as well. and players can only be mugged for $2500 max not 5K like what happened to me a couple of weeks ago someone demand I drop 5K i only had $300 on me but i dropped and we went on our Mary ways. also it dose states that "you cannot conduct mugging more then once in a 30 min window" i think some players have broken this rule or was this rule just added?.

Kind regards,

Lachlan

Edited by Lachlan
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Peter said:

I honestly just got Mugged, Killed by some guy and then run over within the First 25 mins.

Didn't Enjoy it

I haven’t even seen you play

How are people getting robbed so bad? I just say "aw come on mayne I'm a broke ass, I got child support to pay mayne" and nobody has ever continued the robbery past that. Don't just drop your pants and bend over for any thief, try RP your way out of getting mugged lmao

3 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

How are people getting robbed so bad? I just say "aw come on mayne I'm a broke ass, I got child support to pay mayne" and nobody has ever continued the robbery past that. Don't just drop your pants and bend over for any thief, try RP your way out of getting mugged lmao

I RPed my way out of been held hostage @Vadrian can tell you that i told him such a sad and weird story

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

I got mugged at the servo once. Was getting yelled at by the dude who was trying to make it intense and stuff. I just turned to him, looked him dead in the eye, and dropped my 2k without saying a word and kept on buying my food.

If you're going to inconvenience my day, I'm not gonna give you a fulfilling reaction.

38 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

I RPed my way out of been held hostage @Vadrian can tell you that i told him such a sad and weird story

The only sad thing about the situation is that I had you captive for like 15 minutes trying to negotiate something with the police and not a single one of them even came to find you man 

• Haha 1