See Something? Say Something.

Hello Imperial Gaming,

Bailey here again and today I'm sort of going to be tackling an interesting topic because its one that may end up with a lot of backlash, but I'm ok with that, its recently been brought to my attention that a lot of players and Staff SEE other players or Staff doing things that they disagree with, rather than speaking to them, or speaking to someone higher-up, they are keeping any evidence they have or any resentment they have for said person to themselves and/or their friend group on the Server, which can lead to a lot of rumours, pent up aggression and generally a distaste for each other in the long run.

Now, the reason I am saying this is because of the new SantosRP Server, with it being such a competitive environment, there is bound to be people who are disgruntled with each other and don't believe people are being fair in regards to Staff sits, or even Users talking to each other in such a way that might be disrespectful, you need to speak to people about it, speak to a Staff Member, if its a Staff Member, contact Staff above them, do NOT sit on knowledge and get a ball rolling, just look at the situation and speak to them, if they don't take it on board or reply with something you agree with, take it higher.

This isn't just for SantosRP, this goes for Imperial too, if someone says or does something that you disagree with, let them know, ask them about the situation and try to get it resolved.

The reason I'm making this post is because of this video I was given this morning, I spoke to the User who posted it (Thank you for the conversation, by the way, @funyguy1), but the video paints me in an extremely bad light without context, it shows me no-clipping into the bank and then starting the bank heist, now the reason that I noclipped in for you people that are curious is because when a person is dead, you can't teleport to them on SantosRP, it doesn't allow it for some reason, so I had to pm this person and ask where they were (It was @Marlu for anyone curious) and had to resolve his ticket, then I needed to return myself to my old position, which was inside the vault, and so this video was created. After a talk with Zaspan, I realised that this needed to be made and people needed to be told;

"If you see someone do something you don't agree with or don't think they should be doing. Speak to them, or speak to someone higher than them, it fixes the problem faster than telling others that they did something you don't agree with."

(This post isn't made to attack anyone, nor is it made so people in the comments can call out other people publically, speak to them, or speak to someone higher, don't let pent up anger happen, get justice or get an explanation.)

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 4
Just now, Goliath said:

"X abused, but I didn't take is to staff because why not" is almost as bad as abuse itself.

Exactly. It needs to be shared, especially if you don't believe its right.

3 minutes ago, funyguy1 said:

Noted.

We already spoke today, this isn't really for you, but what happened in regards to your video is what prompted me to make this post.

• Upvote 1

Back when I moderated for a different community I had a saying; 'If you see someone break a rule and are disgruntled by it, then report it to the staff team, otherwise, you forfeit the right to complain about the situation.' 

20 minutes ago, Sky said:

Back when I moderated for a different community I had a saying; 'If you see someone break a rule and are disgruntled by it, then report it to the staff team, otherwise, you forfeit the right to complain about the situation.' 

I had the same rule.