Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Demonic

The Mayor Issue.

Hey all.

This is a small issue, but something I'm sure we can agree will turn into something undesirable down the line.

SantosRP is a game about permanence, and choice. If you choose a life of crime (IE; the commision or police dept.) you will need to work yourself dry to get out of it. It's a game where you need to be smart about your choices, and actions around other people, else it could lead to dire consequences.

In this game of choice, and permanence, I've always found it a frustration whenever the Mayor slot comes up; namely because it makes no sense whatsoever.

The Mayor's job is to get his hooks deep into the city as quick as he can, making and maintaining contact with syndicates and gangs to make deals, keeping the police in check, regulating specific laws and requirements of the city. This is the job of the Mayor (and his secretary if need-be).

So why is it, must I ask, that the Mayor can be voted off at any time during 15 minute intervals.

What.

At the very most, it should be a 2-week election, in order to actually build desire for the role itself, don't make it so that people can just talk to others, gain approval, attempt to take the office, fail, have a spot of tea, and try again in 15 minutes. To be frank, that's a garbage system. And it should be reworked in order to establish an actually functioning government body among all the crimes about to be committed after the 1-2 week grace period.

I ask that this issue be taken into consideration, weighed, and acted upon. It will present issues further down the line, and it's an extremely simple fix.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Demonic said:

Hey all.

This is a small issue, but something I'm sure we can agree will turn into something undesirable down the line.

SantosRP is a game about permanence, and choice. If you choose a life of crime (IE; the commision or police dept.) you will need to work yourself dry to get out of it. It's a game where you need to be smart about your choices, and actions around other people, else it could lead to dire consequences.

In this game of choice, and permanence, I've always found it a frustration whenever the Mayor slot comes up; namely because it makes no sense whatsoever.

The Mayor's job is to get his hooks deep into the city as quick as he can, making and maintaining contact with syndicates and gangs to make deals, keeping the police in check, regulating specific laws and requirements of the city. This is the job of the Mayor (and his secretary if need-be).

So why is it, must I ask, that the Mayor can be voted off at any time during 15 minute intervals.

What.

At the very most, it should be a 2-week election, in order to actually build desire for the role itself, don't make it so that people can just talk to others, gain approval, attempt to take the office, fail, have a spot of tea, and try again in 15 minutes. To be frank, that's a garbage system. And it should be reworked in order to establish an actually functioning government body among all the crimes about to be committed after the 1-2 week grace period.

I ask that this issue be taken into consideration, weighed, and acted upon. It will present issues further down the line, and it's an extremely simple fix.

The mayor can't actually be voted off, the vote for mayor only comes up when the current mayor either dies or disconnects from the server. I agree with what you've said about making the role more desirable, but the time frames you've suggested for everything just seem to long. On the server there's always a lot of things happening, but more importantly, everything happens very quickly so I think it's important that the role suits the pace of the server.

Would also be sweet if the mayor vote popped up to the side of the screen and didn't lock your controls so random elections don't make you crash your car

• Upvote 7

@Chopz @Carnifex

31 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

Would also be sweet if the mayor vote popped up to the side of the screen and didn't lock your controls so random elections don't make you crash your car

@Kumo for the quote.

Sounds like an interesting idea and suitable premise however maybe say a week time frame instead.

2 hours ago, Tonberry said:

Definitely something that needs to be looked into to receive some tweaking, I'm sure this wasn't something that was intended to be a feature so it is good that you have pointed it out :) 

In regards to the Mayor issue, I completely disagree with this. The point is that if the Mayor dies there are consequences, this is why they have Secret Service and specialized vehicles. It's not meant to be a permanent thing that someone controls.

Add some Mayor rules.

Every Mayor we've had either juices up taxes for profit or just teams with a gang and doesn't issue warrants.

11 minutes ago, Huey said:

Add some Mayor rules.

Every Mayor we've had either juices up taxes for profit or just teams with a gang and doesn't issue warrants.

Can agree, currently under the rule book for SantosRP there are no existing Mayoral Rules under section 2.0 or 4.0 (the two sections in which they should be) for the elected mayor to follow meaning the opportunity for them to do things within the confides of the rules in terms of their mayoral actions are rather easy. I feel as if to remedy this issue some 'Job Rules' need to be added to the rule book in order to outline what the Mayor can and cannot do similar to what is done with the other primary roles (additionally I think this needs to be done for each job class on the server, just to be sure that people are not abusing certain features).

@Carnifex - tagging you just so you can see this suggestion/point

18 minutes ago, Whitey said:

In regards to the Mayor issue, I completely disagree with this. The point is that if the Mayor dies there are consequences, this is why they have Secret Service and specialized vehicles. It's not meant to be a permanent thing that someone controls.

That actually makes a lot of sense having it explained in that way, I agree with this. Cheers for the insight Whitey. :) 

Edited by Sully

Later on today I will be going through the rules and updating them/adding more.

• Upvote 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this