Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demonic

An Extremely Slight Warning..

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

I may not understand your point of view to it's entirety, Demonic. As you said, I can't and won't.

Someone gets it.

Finally, someone gets it.

But yeah, you'll never be able to understand me, and that's fine. It's in the same regard that I will never be able to understand you (from lack of empathy or otherwise) in fact. This is probably the most respectably post on the topic I've seen thus far. So good job.

56 minutes ago, Splonter said:

I'm not going to treat you differently :)

 

47 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

^

That's a shame, I was rather hoping my being an asshole would incite some kind of challenge. Damn.

Edited by Demonic
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Demonic said:

No promises. ;)

You can and will be warned for disrespect, on top of this, I don't mind RP, but if you're genuinely upsetting any of the younger player base with this, you'll be spoken to.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bailey said:

You can and will be warned for disrespect, on top of this, I don't mind RP, but if you're genuinely upsetting any of the younger player base with this, you'll be spoken to.

image.png.d227954f3d968fc02dcef72c0ab86ad1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Demonic said:

image.png.d227954f3d968fc02dcef72c0ab86ad1.png

It's quite hard to detect satire via text, its similar to irony, specifically when the entire post is about how you don't feel empathy or emotion with your disorder, that's fine, but as I said, if you are caught going too far or breaking rules, you'll be spoken to.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You can and will be warned for disrespect, on top of this, I don't mind RP, but if you're genuinely upsetting any of the younger player base with this, you'll be spoken to.

Considering your recent posts have had you discuss torture on a public Forums, I feel its unfitting for this to be your argument, considering, that I am genuinely upset with your words. 

  • Shocked 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It's quite hard to detect satire via text, its similar to irony, specifically when the entire post is about how you don't feel empathy or emotion with your disorder, that's fine, but as I said, if you are caught going too far or breaking rules, you'll be spoken to.

I feel emotion perfectly fine. Being a psychopath would be nothing short of mind-numbingly dull (literally). I'm aware that the server has rules to uphold, and I'm willing to abide by them. So forgive my attempts at conversing with fellow human beings, and I'll try to stay in line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Level up your ASPD and spec into the "highly functioning" category.  You will learn how to emulate traditional social conventions, allowing you to reduce social friction by 15%, giving a +5 bonus to persuasion.  You also gain the bonus skill "undetectable", which hides your sociopathy from regular society.  This counteracts any of the debuffs a sociopath player may encounter, and provides an enormous strategic advantage towards players who will mistakenly believe you are making decisions based on empathy and conscience, rather than selfishly furthering your agenda by hiding beneath the social conventions you have learned to emulate, allowing you to exploit the path of least social resistance while also gaining all the perks associated with the "good samaritan" class.  sh*t's OP.

  • Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tonberry said:

Level up your ASPD and spec into the "highly functioning" category.  You will learn how to emulate traditional social conventions, allowing you to reduce social friction by 15%, giving a +5 bonus to persuasion.  You also gain the bonus skill "undetectable", which hides your sociopathy from regular society.  This counteracts any of the debuffs a sociopath player may encounter, and provides an enormous strategic advantage towards players who will mistakenly believe you are making decisions based on empathy and conscience, rather than selfishly furthering your agenda by hiding beneath the social conventions you have learned to emulate, allowing you to exploit the path of least social resistance while also gaining all the perks associated with the "good samaritan" class.  sh*t's OP.

Sorry to minmax, but I couldn't resist.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kristofer said:

It's something that me, as ISB on the SWRP server, have a to deal with on almost a daily basis. We're meant to act as complete sociopaths with no regards to human rights. Hell, we strip rights of sentience on a daily basis from players. Often times than not, the way ISB's superiority complex treat people get taken out of character. I'm sure many people will disagree with me, but it's just roleplay.

I've had to deal with this as a Moff, and it's extremely frustrating.

In my eyes, being a complete and utter asshole can be fun but has to handled and balanced carefully. I would love to see somebody who isn't afraid to show a bit of their own character and personality, because in the end we are all individuals with a different makeup. Nobody should be afraid to be a little outrageous like how I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

I've had to deal with this as a Moff, and it's extremely frustrating.

In my eyes, being a complete and utter asshole can be fun but has to handled and balanced carefully. I would love to see somebody who isn't afraid to show a bit of their own character and personality, because in the end we are all individuals with a different makeup. Nobody should be afraid to be a little outrageous like how I am.

I agree with this, Balance is key to these sorts of things. Understanding that balance and when there is an imbalance is also important.

Having a well balanced character letting through your individuality is something that is great to see :) 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kamelieon said:

Honestly, we are best friends so it’s all g. Best friends right??? 

I don't know why I feel the urge to respond in gifs and images, likely because the topic's been so twisted it's hard to dignify with a linguistic response.

giphy (2).gif

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for telling us Demonic, real brave of you. I think you don't have to be too worried, cause it'll probably just come out as some really good roleplaying.

Good luck boi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dave said:

Thanks for telling us Demonic, real brave of you. I think you don't have to be too worried, cause it'll probably just come out as some really good roleplaying.

Good luck boi.

It's hardly brave. But I do somewhat appreciate the correlation between sociopathy and good roleplaying. I guess.

Good luck to you too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an interesting post. I'm still trying to work out the point of it, but then again I believe "explanations are not excuses".

That said, you don't seem to be trying to excuse yourself from anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rook said:

This is an interesting post. I'm still trying to work out the point of it, but then again I believe "explanations are not excuses".

That said, you don't seem to be trying to excuse yourself from anything.

I mostly made this because I knew if I was going on the server, it wouldn't be as what people percieve me on the SWRP one. Because of this, people may feel attacked and/or offended by my shift in behavioral patterns. And just having people be offended isn't all that beneficial. So I'm explaining why.

3 hours ago, Rook said:

That said, you don't seem to be trying to excuse yourself from anything.

I absolutely am making excuses, that's the whole point of the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Demonic said:

I absolutely am making excuses, that's the whole point of the post.

You don’t seem to be making excuses for imminent poor behaviour, simply an explanation for a change in behaviour. Staff will not allow this as an excuse for poor behaviour, and you seem to know that 🤷‍♂️

Provided you don’t break server rules as people have stated above then go for your life fam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...