SCHEFF

Aftermath Development Blog (Something on the Side)

Hey all.

Since Welshy has got Tarkin and Government has flourished, I have been deciding where I want to go next in terms of big goals in this community, at least in the short to mid term. My first semester has uni has already outlined how much I need to change in terms of time management and priorities and thus me not being Tarkin right now is indirectly one of Management's best decisions. Just a disclaimer: this does not mean I am shifting my focus away from being Moff, but it is a position I am certain I can maintain as it stands now.

I have always wanted to create something for the community, just as many community members have done in the past. Now more than ever, I have been in touch with my creative side and I want to share my stories to this community, who I have very much grown to trust and appreciate in the near two and a half years I've been here. In those two and a half years, I have had lots of experiences and created a vast character lore which I believe is established enough to be worth sharing and making something bigger.

I therefore announce that I am officially going to be creating a storytelling series, told in a film/video form, surrounding my four main characters: Chef, Chef Jr., the AI, and Mathieu Scheff. I have dabbled in real life filming, but never before on a game, but I am confident I can adapt my real life experiences and visions into the game world. It would be an episodic series, not dissimilar to Pureus' Price of Promise series and eventually short film from days past, but told more in-character and it would serve as a backstory/retelling as well as eventually a continuation of my story, and in the end be a thank you to this community and its veterans.

This may or may not come as a surprise to you, since I have been discussing the possibility of creating a series in Discord chats and on the chatbox on the forums for some time now, as well as have released some concept images on both platforms. This post basically serves to confirm that I wish to go through with this, but as you can probably tell by the title, this will be something made more on the side. It will take some time to produce, especially at the level of quality I am aspiring to achieve, so if I were for you I wouldn't be on the edge of your seat waiting for something just around the corner; it's a way away.

At this point in time, my series will be called Aftermath: An Imperial Gaming Story. I have not contacted the Media Team about producing this with them, as I personally believe I would be the most anal and annoying person to work with due to this having such a large sentimental value to me, but if anybody wants to come forward I wholeheartedly welcome any suggestions and ideas.

I will be using this thread to post any updates on the production of this series, but as stated above, there may be a bit of time before I can put more focus into doing this. Have a good one everybody.

P.S. if you need to read up on some of these characters, you can visit this link.

Edited by SCHEFF
  • Upvote 6

Cool idea!

Is it about YOUR STORY or the community's? Perhaps you can make it into both. Either way, good luck! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Marsh said:

Cool idea!

Is it about YOUR STORY or the community's? Perhaps you can make it into both. Either way, good luck! 

It will be the story about my characters set within the community's established lore. Most of the experiences and events that I have gone through would not have been possible or exist without the community's lore, as things would be different in a purely canon lore or a lore created entirely by myself. In a way, it  can tell the story of the community's progression as I wish to feature some veterans in it, and I hope some long-standing players can lend their voice to this series.

• Upvote 1

this is a great idea! i hope you make some quality content. I'm also wanting to know if you will get members of the community to say certain things throughout the series or will it just be you speaking.

anyway i hope that this turns out great.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Solar said:

this is a great idea! i hope you make some quality content. I'm also wanting to know if you will get members of the community to say certain things throughout the series or will it just be you speaking.

anyway i hope that this turns out great.

It would be greatly appreciated for other community members to their lend their voice; in fact it is basically imperative. I can do a bit of decent voice acting and audio editing on top of this, so I can cover characters such as Tarkin and Vader as well my own male characters as well.

However, Chef Jr. will require a female voice as I don't want to humiliate myself by badly attempting a girl's voice. She will play a central part in this series so I want her character to have at least some dignity.

Edited by SCHEFF

By the way if anybody needs some background information on some of these characters or just need a refresh, you can read up on my characters if you follow this link.

I will adapt parts of these written pieces into this series but it will mainly be a continuation as my story has of course changed significantly since August 2018 (the last edit I made on any of these documents).

8 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

It would be greatly appreciated for other community members to their lend their voice; in fact it is basically imperative.

my mic not be perfect but im happy to help if needed contact me via any form whether it be in ts, discord, steam or in game

• Upvote 1

Better mention number one trooper at the time of chef Jr 

Sandy boi High Colonel Delta 

Also if need actors just hit me  up 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SCHEFF said:

Aftermath: An Imperial Gaming Story

Solely based on the name I am liking where this is going.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No balls start with a nod to Clone Wars or I riot.

CC-4269 "Chef" will have a feature and possibly other Clone Wars characters given I can fit them in, but I am focusing on the Imperial era.

Edited by SCHEFF

Surely your annoying secretary friend from MHC, Hermes Jr. will have a cameo?

Also, love the idea and from the way I have heard/seen you talk about this project I know it is going to turn out amazing :) 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Sully said:

Surely your annoying secretary friend from MHC, Hermes Jr. will have a cameo?

Also, love the idea and from the way I have heard/seen you talk about this project I know it is going to turn out amazing :) 

You should also get that friendly Brigadier of 212th Wombat in there ;)

• Like 1

--BUMP--

I want to show you guys some concept art for Aftermath; let's call them storyboards. I've released some of these in the chatbox earlier, but of course posting on that gains no traction. So here they are.

Just a disclaimer, I haven't recorded anything for the series yet, so what you see here may not be what appears or is filmed.

Spoiler

rp_stardestroyer_v2_4_inf0009.thumb.png.d2e8c7ff950f68724c3267fd7c486aae.png

room0039.thumb.jpg.4f621c8223beb054a7633fdb73b0a14a.jpg

igartcompwip.thumb.png.2a349d26d931db1c5474f35ed985bfdc.png

gm_jakku_wreck_v10000.thumb.png.828e9a8ce76d88dc19eea506995490ba.png

rp_stardestroyer_v2_4_inf0722.thumb.png.5bef19f457317dd4c4a81c307cf3cbb8.png

1194925773_AftermathTeaserPoster1writing.thumb.png.df3505671ec8ddb72e9ded518c91bdb1.png

2024255005_scheffaftermath.thumb.png.94565ffc6500dec3c6c0149f50950011.png

rp_finalizer_v20001.thumb.png.c848696216aedb12e66251daa05eef59.png

I'll be continuing to make concept art until I have some definite free time off over the uni semester break. At that time, I might be able to film some teaser trailer material, so stay tuned for that.

In the meantime... here's an official teaser poster. Ciao!

63505887_aftermathspace-jump1writing.thumb.png.a40e7801f7a55ecf86b9927afc244bde.png

--BUMP--

Hey guys!

As a part of the pilot episode of Aftermath, a certain character is going to have a Force Vision where they relive certain experiences, bad experiences. I want the atmosphere of the Vision to be otherworldly and obviously separate from what is happening in reality.

I've been looking all over the internet for music or atmospheric ambiance to use for this scene, looking for inspiration from the Elder Scrolls series in particular. I would love to see what kind of music or atmosphere you guys could see being appropriate for a Force Vision.

Please chuck some suggestions down below!

--BUMP--

Today is the day of my last exam (which is thankfully early in the exam period) which means I'll finally be able to put in more time into conceptualising and producing Aftermath. I plan to write a rough story draft and finalise the pilot episode; whether I release that or a snippet of it is still up-to-debate. What I can definitely say though is the pilot episode will incorporate different time periods to explain the backstories of the different characters but the series will continue along a consistent timeline after this pilot, so if the final product is a little bit messy in that regard, that'll be the inevitable reason why.

Expect a character design of the AI to be released in a little while as I haven't shown it off yet (nor have I had the time to make the PAC).

Stay tuned!

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2019 at 8:15 PM, SCHEFF said:

I've been looking all over the internet for music or atmospheric ambiance to use for this scene

Have you found anything yet? When I used to play DnD we had a lot of ambient music playing to sort of engross us in the mood that I can try and find if you want.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Have you found anything yet? When I used to play DnD we had a lot of ambient music playing to sort of engross us in the mood that I can try and find if you want.

I've been finding bits and pieces of music I want to use, whether it be from the Elder Scrolls series (or mods from them) or other more obscure references (not implying that ES is obscure btw). Game soundtracks are tricky, because you don't know what games other people have played, but I'm willing to use ambient music from Grand Theft Auto V and other games if people wouldn't find it distracting (i.e. pulling them out of the immersion). Other than that, it's been pretty hit or miss, I'd love if you could share a playlist of ambient, moody music like what you say if possible. Dungeons and Dragons is great to immerse yourself in.

I don't wanna go down the typical Machinimasound route or rip music straight out of Star Wars, I want a bit of originality, as of course I'm telling an original story.

Edited by SCHEFF