Sinatra's Media Team Application

What is your Steam name?:

[IG] Anxiousity

What is your current in-game name?:

Trainee ARC-30 'Sinatra'

What is your current in-game rank?:

PFC

What is your current playtime on the server?:

dsg.PNG.d616d5c61d6c94d6b8014a86407dfaba.PNGdsg.PNG.d616d5c61d6c94d6b8014a86407dfaba.PNG

What is your current overall playtime on Garry's Mod?:

dgs.PNG.db52facea94c142995057dcbd948500c.PNG

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes

Do you have any kicks, bans or warnings from anywhere on Imperial Gaming?:

Sadly Yes, I hold a total of 12 warnings coming from the Imperial Gaming server, there's an in-depth view on what I did in the forum post linked. I have tried my best to apologise to each and every person who I've received a warn from and my actions are inexcusable, I only hope at this time I can make peace with all the people's RP I ruined and made them have a sh*t day, Since the warns I believe I have matured and with my coming back to the server am trying to gain a reputation not as a minge but as a helpful player. I am willing to discuss the warns on TS I am almost always in my TS channel or the Rancor one.

Why do you believe you would be an asset to the team?:

I am currently enrolled in 2 subjects relating to media at my high school [Multimedia/Film&Photography] I am quietly passionate about what I create and view my self as an imaginative individual, I would be an asset with my flexible schedule, dedication to all projects I work on, My everlasting attempted self-improvement & past experience in the field of media. I have experience with the programs [Adode After Effects/Photoshop/Premier/Sony Vegas] (I'm not very good a photoshop) and can bring a sense of leadership to projects as on all media projects I've worked on I have been elected the director of the project (Basically oversee all aspects) and average a B to A grading depending on who I work with, I tend to bring out the better and more creative side in people when it comes to group projects and often work well with people who differ to my own art style/taste to create collaborative works of 'ART' I also keep to date with server events and often document them myself for my youtube channel [I never post them as YouTube is currently dried out and my passion for it comes in small burst]

Do you understand that as a member of the advertisement team, you may have to put in long hours into various projects?:

I fully understand and am willing to put in numerous hours towards projects, I enjoy IG and all the players and the more we can get the word out about this amazing server the best mine and the rest of the servers RP will be. As with any commitment I take I intend if accepted to pour as much effort I would any other project I work on (Even if I don't like it)

How well do you work with others in a team?:

I work quite well in a team, as a leader and a worker, When leading I have an open mindset and allow any and all ideas, no matter how outrageous because sometimes from a bad idea will develop the best on for the topic, As a worker I present my own ideas in a well-formatted way with examples of it working on other projects. I am respectful to all people and often not attempt to de-escalate arguments or transform them into a beneficial debate [As Debates are the best way for a media team to run, Not to be confused with arguments debates are meant to end with a mutual agreement instead of right and wrong]

How much time can you offer to the team in an average week?:

2-3 Hours after school and majority of weekends, I do work casual so I have a different work schedule each week but am able to N/A certain day for team projects.

Is there anything else you would like to add?:

Firstly just reinstate my deep apologies for my actions on the server previously, I could present excuses but they mean none as I was in the wrong and wouldn't blame anyone else for it, I just hope people are able to see my growth in maturity and dedication and not overlook but constructively work over my past mistakes. Also thanks to anyone that read this far in, much love <3

========Role Application Questions========

What software do you use to record?:

Nvidia Shadowplay/OBS [Depending on what I'm recording and if I need audio done properly]

How much experience do you have with filming?:

As stated above I am in 2 courses that include film, I also run a very small youtube channel which Is gameplay footage, it also displays my basic understanding of editing

What other software do you use to aid with the recording?:

Audacity [For Audio]

Handbrake [File Compression]

Sony Vegas [After filming touch ups][Aka - Stop camera shake stuff like that]

Have you recorded things in the past? If so, please link them here.:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK1cJf8OKDfmnJ5QVEycn7g
This is my YT channel, I would get school worked projects but I don't have the permission of other students to use it and would rather not DOX them, If need be I will create more media heavily relied around filming but I do understand the basics of media and filming within games. This displays my understanding of Film, Editing, Voice Recording and other aspects of media.

Why do you want to become a filmer?:

I want to become a filmer so I can record the various fun events/games we do on IG, I am extremely active and believe I can well document and promote IG as a fun server, I also really enjoy the theory of film, the different shots and angles that can give off emotions just by a simple panning shot. Filming is my second favourite artform (Behind Music, Which I also produce :D) I also want to be part of a team of creative thinkers and create something for people to enjoy, that's the reasoning behind me doing all these online outlets is to provide entertainment for the masses and promote fun not drama and other things that seem to litter the internet

Edit 1 - Frist GMOD work, I'm still learning how to apply film techniques in GMOD but I thought this came out decent and with some extra work and smooth takes could be pretty good.

TERMS OF APPLICATION: 

By submitting this application, I understand that I am a representative of the Imperial Gaming Community and that my actions both as a part of this community and within other communities may affect the results of this application. I understand that advertising this application in any way may result in an instant denial of the application. I understand that if this application is denied, I must wait a minimum of two weeks before applying again. I understand that once this application is posted, I must wait seven days after the last reply in order to bump the post unless it is to notify players of a significant update. I understand that I may not respond to my own application unless it is a notification of updated information and that any form of argument within this application may result in instant denial of the application and punishments may be handed out. I understand that if I am accepted for this role that it is not an actual staff rank and that I will gain no benefits resulting from this new position. I understand that I must notify the chain of command if I will be absent for more than five days and that I must organise my projects to progress even if I am not present to oversee them.

Edited by Anxiousity
Adding To Application
  • Upvote 2

+1 Very long application, good use of wording, seems to have a very high level of dedication towards his projects.

• Upvote 1

+1. 

Sinatra has made extensive improvements to his attitude, self-image, and public-image. He has prevent to me (as someone who bumps into him from time to time) that his development within a community such as this is satisfactory enough to win my support. You will make a valuable asset the Media Team, should you be accepted. In either way, I wish you the best of luck.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Demonic said:

+1. 

Sinatra has made extensive improvements to his attitude, self-image, and public-image. He has prevent to me (as someone who bumps into him from time to time) that his development within a community such as this is satisfactory enough to win my support. You will make a valuable asset the Media Team, should you be accepted. In either way, I wish you the best of luck.

On 5/29/2019 at 9:36 AM, Billybob1061 said:

+1 Very long application, good use of wording, seems to have a very high level of dedication towards his projects.

Thank you both for the support :D much appreciated

On 5/30/2019 at 12:51 PM, Demonic said:

+1. 

• Upvote 1

+1. 

• Upvote 1

+1. 

• Upvote 1

+1. 

• Upvote 1

+1. 

• Upvote 1

+1

Although the applicant has an extensive history within the server (regarding the warns and bans) this role is one that has no correlation to his in-game attitude and could be a good way to prove that he is truly a more improved version of himself in order to regain his trust from the community. The applicant also shows some promise with his skills although needing to be worked on slightly more and I am sure the Media could much appreciate the additional help.

Regards,

Sully

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2019 at 7:57 PM, Kamelieon said:

On 6/1/2019 at 4:38 PM, Butcher232 said:

On 6/1/2019 at 4:43 PM, Splonter said:

On 6/1/2019 at 5:03 PM, Fox said:

On 6/3/2019 at 4:36 PM, Huey said:

3 minutes ago, Sully said:

+1

Although the applicant has an extensive history within the server (regarding the warns and bans) this role is one that has no correlation to his in-game attitude and could be a good way to prove that he is truly a more improved version of himself in order to regain his trust from the community. The applicant also shows some promise with his skills although needing to be worked on slightly more and I am sure the Media could much appreciate the additional help.

Regards,

Sully

Thank you all for the support :D much appreciated.

On behalf of Welshy...

APPLICATION ACCEPTED

-------------------------------------------

To discuss further details, please contact myself on the forums.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1